Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress

Women at my company wear pants but we work in a factory. Most office folkettes wear a dress or a skirt.

Article says a lawsuit is filed. What is the price to not attend ones graduation. I say 100M is a fair amount.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that was ruined and I am seeing Mental Anguish being caused on this one as well.
100M just to not attend graduation?.....lets not get carried away....

I've made no attempt to place value on my approval.
You excel at saying nothing of relevance to the post you're responding to.
You have nothing relevant to the thread you’re responding to.

You can’t claim to support a “live and let live philosophy” when the only force being applied in this story is upon the transgendered individual who is not able to dress as they desire.

i think you hit the nail on the head. If he wanted to actually do it, he would have. Sadly this kid was likely used as a political stunt by some political special interest groups with an agenda
If they tried, undoubtedly they’d be removed and if they refused, police would be involved.

Is that what you want to see happen?

100M just to not attend graduation?.....lets not get carried away....
Did you read the article? Once in a lifetime. Do you understand what that means? No second chance....

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

Well, they can see your feet but beyond that it’s not uncommon for the administration to check what’s underneath.
I wore nothing but the gown, shoes, and a smile to my graduation. No one noticed.

ACLU is going to tear them up!

Because you're afraid of those little girls. We know. Can't have people speaking for themselves when you're pretending to speak for them.
Your t-girl did not speak in your video, remember? Or were you too busy when watching it to notice?

how would anyone tell under the graduation gown?
@hen kids go to their High School graduation they don't leave their gown zipped up the entire time. Most often they show up with the Gown over there shoulder or arm and put it on for the ceremony. After the ceremony they often have their photographs taken with their gowns unzipped. Especially if they have a new outfit to show off as this young man clearly does. He would have made sure he was the last to put the gown on and first to take it off.

If that kid were allowed to wear a dress to the ceremony, I'm sure that he would expect full access to the female bathrooms. Unlike regular days at school where the adults have a separate bathroom, parents, younger siblings and yes even grandparents would be using the same bathrooms as the students.

You want to raise your hand and say I'm fine with my grandma or my little niece having to share a bathroom with this person?

Your t-girl did not speak in your video, remember? Or were you too busy when watching it to notice?
I've posted a couple videos in which trans girls and boys did speak. Why does that frighten you little Soy Boy? 😄
You want to raise your hand and say I'm fine with my grandma or my little niece having to share a bathroom with this person?
Hmmmm.... where have we heard these types of comments before.... ?

You both misspell and capitalize "bigots" and neglect the first words of sentences?
No wonder everyone thinks you're an imbecile.
Biggot is used by those who can't spell bigot or chose to use biggot as they please. :smoochEE::fu::abgg2q.jpg:

Good Article BTW. She is going to get a lot of $$$

Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

If the dress code is for all women to wear dresses at graduation and all guys wear long pants--that would seem old fashioned to me in this 21st century culture but it is what it is--then a biological male should not be wearing a dress. Otherwise I don't know why it would matter if some confused guy wanted to wear a dress under his graduation robe. But neither should he be protected from ridicule or insults if he chooses to do that.

The concept that any school, parent, government, entity, medical personnel would allow a student to transgender while still a minor is abhorrent to me and constitutes child abuse to me though.

If we follow the biological science, all of us were assigned a gender at conception or certainly very very early in human development . No amount of hormones or surgical mutilation can change that.

Forum List

Back