Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress

Is there a logical reason it should not be?

It is just a piece of clothing, why should it be limited to one sex or the other.

Do you agree with the old folks that think females should never wear pants?

You have nothing relevant to the thread you’re responding to.

You can’t claim to support a “live and let live philosophy” when the only force being applied in this story is upon the transgendered individual who is not able to dress as they desire.
Why don’t you read what I’ve actually posted here instead of continually making a fool of yourself?
Gender is no more "assigned" than being subject to the laws of gravity is "assigned".
That being said, I couldn't care less what some confused kid wears underneath his graduation robe.
How would anyone have even known if he hadn't made a stink about it?

I think trans advocates could do themselves a favor by admitting that it's become a fad and dialing it back a notch. Or two. For many of these kids it's just a cry for help. They're confused and hurting and this gives them a scapegoat - and a surgical fix for their problems. They're also celebrated as heroes by their idiotic teachers. Can you really deny that that's a powerful lure?

It is just a piece of clothing, why should it be limited to one sex or the other.

Do you agree with the old folks that think females should never wear pants?

Why wear clothes at all, right?

The dudes pretending to be something he is not or never can be.

Can we give women the respect they’ve earned?

This is just moronic

Why wear clothes at all, right?

Because public nudity is outlawed and nobody wants to see you naked.,

The dudes pretending to be something he is not or never can be.

True

Can we give women the respect they’ve earned?

This is just moronic

How is it disrespectful to women for a dude to wear a dress. Who decided that dresses were only for women? The same people that back in the day had decided that pants were only for me I suspect.

Is this dude disrespecting women?

traditional-tongan-attire.gif

or these..
traditional-tongan-attire.jpg

Because public nudity is outlawed and nobody wants to see you naked.,

True

How is it disrespectful to women for a dude to wear a dress. Who decided that dresses were only for women? The same people that back in the day had decided that pants were only for me I suspect.

Is this dude disrespecting women?

traditional-tongan-attire.gif

or these..
traditional-tongan-attire.jpg

Neither are, and none are wearing a dress.

Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

We need LESS powerful govt, not MORE powerful govt. In the same way I'm opposed to the govt forcing businesses to "bake that cake", I'm also opposed to govt forcing a student to wear "pants, a dress shirt and tie" to high school graduation.

My own opinion is that this person is destined for a life of heartbreak going against his assigned biology. But that should not impact his freedom to present himself the way he chooses as long as he's not interfering with the rights of others.

I think trans advocates could do themselves a favor by admitting that it's become a fad and dialing it back a notch. Or two. For many of these kids it's just a cry for help. They're confused and hurting and this gives them a scapegoat - and a surgical fix for their problems. They're also celebrated as heroes by their idiotic teachers. Can you really deny that that's a powerful lure?

It's a Social Contagion

In the 80s we just had pet rocks and bad, bad haircuts. Imagine that your teen fad is...you take puberty-blocking hormones that render you infertile.

Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

He's a boy. You know it

All of the 91% that do graduate worked just as hard as this crossdresser. The graduation ceremony is for everyone, not a "dig me" moment for one individual to celebrate their mental disorder.

All of the 91% that do graduate worked just as hard as this crossdresser. The graduation ceremony is for everyone. , not a "dig me" moment for one individual to celebrate their mental disorder.

ACLU is going to win this one.

All of the 91% that do graduate worked just as hard as this crossdresser. The graduation ceremony is for everyone, not a "dig me" moment for one individual to celebrate their mental disorder.

If it's under the robe, then it's not like it's obvious. I mean, sure, people who know her/him will know, but it's not a big deal. It's only a big deal to meddlesome conservatives who just seek every opportunity to be discriminatory assholes.

Forum List

Back