Transgender Teen Named Homecoming Queen in Huntington Beach

I always felt like homecoming queen's were silly.

Isn't it sexist, liberals?

It's all OK, as long as they are doing the sexist bit.
I once attended a lesbian talent show with a friend. There were damned few men in the audience (none in the show), and those who were seemed to be...different. At any rate, the two gals who were Masters of Ceremonies were talking dirty, sexist smack about women, stuff I'd heard some of the coarsest guys saying at one time of another...you know, nice as, great tits, like to get into that...Frankly, I would have thought they'd exhibit a lot more respect for their 'sisters' than that. God forbid a man ever express himself like that when referring to a female.

it makes all the other girls who lost feel ugly

Can't be any better when they lose to a boy, for cryin' outloud!

lol, i know. its one thing if you lose to some smoking hot girl but when you lose to someone who doesn't even have the real equipment, or the right equipment. yikes.

that would be like me running for president in blackface and claiming i was the first black president.

New category Transgender Teen Named Homocoming Queen in Huntington Beach
I'm gonna buy some Zimbabwe bank notes and call myself a multi-millionaire

Last edited:

The homecoming queen thing IS silly. So are beauty pageants, beautiful baby contests, the best looking man/woman in America magazine articles, and every other 'contest' based on the superficialities of physical beauty. We give this kind of thing far too much attention. It is especially a problem, imo, for young women to be valued and value themselves according to their appearance. We females waste a lot of misdirected energy and concern worrying about our appearance instead of things that really matter. I think this attitude toward women inhibits and/or limits their ability to succeed in careers and other endeavors because it is such a distraction.

He sounds like a guy and has the mannerisms of a gay male.

Whatever. I don't care. I take each person as an individual, usually. I don't know why people like this have to insist on running for homecoming queen, though. I was a very pretty, popular and normal teenage girl and I didn't feel compelled to run for homecoming queen.

So what was this person's motivation for running...getting attention, maybe?

Progress?

Transgender Homecoming Queen Draws Backlash, But it's Progress

“Because of transgender people telling their stories in the media and people like Cassidy putting themselves out there by running for homecoming queen, there have been more policy changes on the state and national level,” Nick Adams, a spokesman for GLAAD, told TakePart.

“However, there is still a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding about the lives that transgender people lead.”

In the United States, something as seemingly small as the "M" or "F" that appears on most identification has a huge effect on the daily lives of the transgender community.

Until the Social Security Administration changed its policy in June, transgender people risked being outed by the agency during the employment verification process. Before the policy shift, the agency would send letters to employers saying a female transgender applicant's gender didn't match the gender they had on file.

Revised rules allow trans people to obtain federal documentation that reflects their accurate name and gender, without having to send proof of surgery. The landmark advance in policy is also true of passports and green cards, after changes at the State Department and federal immigration agency.

Social Security numbers and employment, in particular, are a serious issue because 90 percent of transgender people report harassment mistreatment and discrimination in the workplace, and are four times more likely to live in poverty, according to GLAAD. Being outed as a transgender person to a new boss or colleagues can create a hostile work environment and uncomfortable situations.

In other parts of the world the transgender community is making advances, but still struggles for recognition in some surprising places.

Human Rights Watch researcher Graeme Reid told Take Part that Argentina leads the way with progressive policy on LGBT rights by allowing transgender people to self-identify and legalizing gay marriage a few years ago.

Transgender Homecoming Queen Draws Backlash, But it's Progress

The thing is if you're gay, ok you're gay, So what? but pretending to be a something you're not is delusional, and expecting the public to accept such delusions as normal is idiocy. Actually a lot of "transgender" are not homosexual, they just like dressing up as the opposite sex :cuckoo:

The thing is if you're gay, ok you're gay, So what? but pretending to be a something you're not is delusional, and expecting the public to accept such delusions as normal is idiocy. Actually a lot of "transgender" are not homosexual, they just like dressing up as the opposite sex :cuckoo:

You are correct.

But "the public" about which you are referring in this thread are teenagers attending a public high school in Huntington Beach, CA.

What could motivate this particular, notoriously immature group?

Here's a helpful link:

Riots, Shock, and Class at Huntington Beach's 2013 US Open Of Surfing | The Inertia

Forum List

Back