Transgenderism is a mental disorder that should be treated and not encouraged

Transgenders are lunatics. They should be hospitalized permanently, and doctors who perform optional, INVASIVE major surgeries on them should be thrown in jail.

Meh, who cares what they do to themselves. But when they go around convincing CHILDREN , who are in many cases prepubescent and thus have no sexual identity yet that they were born the wrong sex, or worse insist that MY children be exposed to their lunacy, THEN we have a problem.

Like I said, I don't care if a grown man identifies as a cat, who cares? But that doesn't mean my daughter has to see him taking a shit in his litter box.
I care that criminal doctors be held accountable, and I care that lunatics are treated as though they are reasonable human beings and we all have to act like their brand of insanity is wholesome and worthwhile. You can't fail to hold them accountable then whine that they're teaching school....

The governmennt has ZERO business telling a person what they may or may not due to their body, whether that something is drinking, or smoking, or selling it for sex, or having their penis cut off.

It cracks me up how similar authoritarian liberals are to authoritarian conservatives, and yet yall hate each other.
Unethical doctors are criminals, and it is unethical to do damage to people just because they want you to.

And I never said the *government* should do anything.

Let me spell it out for you...

Transgenders are insane.
Insane people should be locked up if they pose a threat to themselves or others.
Transgenders pose a threat to themselves. They are suicidal, drug addicted, and have a million other mental health issues that means they cannot make intelligent decisions about their own care, or about anything else. Doctors who cater to their illness, making it worse, are actually violating the Hippocratic Oath, just as abortionists are, and they should be held accountable.
Transgenders should be blocked from any employment that would bring them into contact with vulnerable people or children, they should be blocked from any employment that would allow them to operate heavy machinery...

Not that that's much of an issue anyway. Most of them receive SSI (or as I call them...retard checks) because they have been diagnosed to be so fucked up that they cannot take care of themselves. That's what SSI is. It's a retard check for people who are so unbalanced or mentally impaired that they have never been able to work, and they will never work. These are the people who should be in institutions. And a lot of transgenders in this country draw ssi.

OF COURSE you are advocating the government do something here. Who the hell would force them to be locked up if not the government?

At least have the guts to stand behind your ill conceived convictions.

Also, what is ethical is between a doctor and his/her patient. Not between the government and a patient.

Transgenders are lunatics. They should be hospitalized permanently, and doctors who perform optional, INVASIVE major surgeries on them should be thrown in jail.

Meh, who cares what they do to themselves. But when they go around convincing CHILDREN , who are in many cases prepubescent and thus have no sexual identity yet that they were born the wrong sex, or worse insist that MY children be exposed to their lunacy, THEN we have a problem.

Like I said, I don't care if a grown man identifies as a cat, who cares? But that doesn't mean my daughter has to see him taking a shit in his litter box.
I care that criminal doctors be held accountable, and I care that lunatics are treated as though they are reasonable human beings and we all have to act like their brand of insanity is wholesome and worthwhile. You can't fail to hold them accountable then whine that they're teaching school....

The governmennt has ZERO business telling a person what they may or may not due to their body, whether that something is drinking, or smoking, or selling it for sex, or having their penis cut off.

It cracks me up how similar authoritarian liberals are to authoritarian conservatives, and yet yall hate each other.
Unethical doctors are criminals, and it is unethical to do damage to people just because they want you to.

Transgenders are insane.
Insane people should be locked up if they pose a threat to themselves or others.
Transgenders pose a threat to themselves. They are suicidal, drug addicted, and have a million other mental health issues that means they cannot make intelligent decisions about their own care, or about anything else. Doctors who cater to their illness, making it worse, are actually violating the Hippocratic Oath, just as abortionists are, and they should be held accountable.
Transgenders should be blocked from any employment that would bring them into contact with vulnerable people or children, they should be blocked from any employment that would allow them to operate heavy machinery...

Not that that's much of an issue anyway. Most of them receive SSI (or as I call them...retard checks) because they have been diagnosed to be so fucked up that they cannot take care of themselves. That's what SSI is. It's a retard check for people who are so unbalanced or mentally impaired that they have never been able to work, and they will never work. These are the people who should be in institutions. And a lot of transgenders in this country draw ssi.

The Soviet Union was notorious for declaring people 'insane' when they didn't conform.

The nazis experimented in surgically altering humans to make them something they could never be.

What's your point?

Transgenders are insane.

The Soviet Union was notorious for declaring people 'insane' when they didn't conform.

The nazis experimented in surgically altering humans to make them something they could never be.

What's your point?

Why do you want to be like them?

What happened to the conservative championing of liberty and individuality?

Everyone has the right to pursue happiness, but no duty to those that either seek impossible happiness, or fail in such pursuit.

Tolerance of those whose differences represent no threat to you is your duty.

I'm not the government though. And I have no duty to anyone who mutilates themselves to fullfill an unattainable fantasy

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: ‘Transgendered Men Don’t Become Women,’ They Become ‘Feminized Men,’ ‘Impersonators’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, said it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men.”

All such people, he explained in an article for The Witherspoon Institute, “become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they ‘identify.’”

Dr. McHugh, who was psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital for 26 years, the medical institute that had initially pioneered sex-change surgery – and later ceased the practice – stressed that the cultural meme, or idea that “one’s sex is fluid and a matter of choice” is extremely damaging, especially to young people.

“In fact, gender dysphoria—the official psychiatric term for feeling oneself to be of the opposite sex—belongs in the family of similarly disordered assumptions about the body, such as anorexia nervosa and body dysmorphic disorder,” said McHugh.

“Its treatment should not be directed at the body as with surgery and hormones any more than one treats obesity-fearing anorexic patients with liposuction,” he said

It is amazing that liberals can't see that transgender people are sick people. You would encourage an anorexic person to continue down their same path. No you would try to help them. Yet these liberals are telling us to help these sick people.

I fully support gay rights. They should be free from discrimination harassment and have the right to marry. However, transgender a are mentally disturbed people and we need to treat it as a mental disorder and not encourage it!

What's crazier?

Being male by birth but believing you're female, or,

being human by birth but believing that someday you'll go to Heaven, sprout wings, and sit on a cloud for Eternity?

Transgenders are insane.

What's your point?

Why do you want to be like them?

The premis of the question is warped.

As I outlined previously, they can't be what they want.

To review.

Pity makes poor public policy.

A tran individual attempts to, through cosmetic surgery, fool the public that they are of the opposite sex, but in reality they remain incredibly more simalar to the sex listed on their birth certificate.

A trans male may dress like a female, apply makeup like a female, but it is simply a cosmetic disquise meant to deceive the public as well as themselves. They remain vastly more Male then female.

Taken to the extreme they will even have cosmetic surgery on their genitals and their chests, but even then, a male trans breasts will not function as a females, unable to fulfill the basic reason breasts exist to begin with. Simply cosmetic and vastly more closely related to a male then a female.

The male tran can have his penis surgically altered to resemble a vagina, but it will not function like one. A Woman has a vagina, but it is simply a small part of the entire female reproductive system that the male tran will never have. Again, the male tran is still vastly more closely related to the Male, and it remains debateable how exactly they are related to the female at all.

The government had no duty to recognize a cosmetically altered individual, when that individual does so voluntarily.

We have recognized that some will take advantage of the trans and passed law (Hate Crime), to address this. By doing this, the government has fulfilled its obligation to these people.

What happened to the conservative championing of liberty and individuality?

Everyone has the right to pursue happiness, but no duty to those that either seek impossible happiness, or fail in such pursuit.

Tolerance of those whose differences represent no threat to you is your duty.

I'm not the government though. And I have no duty to anyone who mutilates themselves to fullfill an unattainable fantasy

Can you tolerate a woman with massive breast implants?

Can you tolerate a man with hair plugs?

Can you tolerate a person with 20 tattoos?

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: ‘Transgendered Men Don’t Become Women,’ They Become ‘Feminized Men,’ ‘Impersonators’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, said it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men.”

All such people, he explained in an article for The Witherspoon Institute, “become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they ‘identify.’”

Dr. McHugh, who was psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital for 26 years, the medical institute that had initially pioneered sex-change surgery – and later ceased the practice – stressed that the cultural meme, or idea that “one’s sex is fluid and a matter of choice” is extremely damaging, especially to young people.

“In fact, gender dysphoria—the official psychiatric term for feeling oneself to be of the opposite sex—belongs in the family of similarly disordered assumptions about the body, such as anorexia nervosa and body dysmorphic disorder,” said McHugh.

“Its treatment should not be directed at the body as with surgery and hormones any more than one treats obesity-fearing anorexic patients with liposuction,” he said

It is amazing that liberals can't see that transgender people are sick people. You would encourage an anorexic person to continue down their same path. No you would try to help them. Yet these liberals are telling us to help these sick people.

I fully support gay rights. They should be free from discrimination harassment and have the right to marry. However, transgender a are mentally disturbed people and we need to treat it as a mental disorder and not encourage it!

This is...simplistic. There is a rational argument to be made that some characteristics expressed in many transgender cases are indicative of disorders. However, the big picture goes far, far beyond. Transgenderism is, ultimately, an expression of society's continued latent sexism.

"Transgenderism is a mental disorder that should be treated and not encouraged"

Wrong.

It's an expression of individual liberty entitled to Constitutional protections.

And to defend the rights of transgender Americans is not to "encourage" anything.

When homosexuality was mental illness
Until 1973 homosexuality was listed as a mental illness in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association. Originally listed as a "sociopathic personality disturbance" in the first edition of DSM in 1953, homosexuality was "upgraded" to a mere "sexual deviation" in 1968 with the release of DSM-II.
At the time Cary Grant, Rock Hudson and other liberal Hollywood elites(who could of had any woman in America) were closet case homosexuals. They were the reason with millions of dollars of contributions to the liberal politicians to have the mental disorder of a man looking at another mans rectum and saying "hmmm, that looks good, to be changed. Since then, the liberals have pushed to have other mental disorders changed, which is why you see the move to get abnormal people seen as normal. When you understand liberalism you see why they do what they do. Crazy people think everyone else is crazy but not themselves.
Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill
“Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

Bruce Jenner is the result of a mental disorder, brought about by living with his deranged harem of Kardashians freaks / attention whores....people like him in the bathroom with my wife and kids? No thank you. add a '1-hole'er next to the 'Men's and 'Women's room - call it 'Other', and let them go there.

Is happiness a zero sum game? Is it your right to deny someone else their happiness in order to increase yours?
Only liberals can never be happy, so they must FORCE upon the rest of US their unhappiness. Then when everyone is unhappy, then everyone is equal, that is called "FAIRNESS"..

Oh, but you did!

Right here:
Transgenders are insane.

Who is going to lock them up...the Hostess cupcake company?

You want the government to lock up people who have sex change operations.

Oh, but you did!

Right here:
Transgenders are insane.

Who is going to lock them up...the Hostess Cupcake company?

You want the government to lock up people who have sex change operations.

Oh, but you misunderstand. She doesn't want the government to lock them up. She wants it to be handled by private citizens, with pitchforks and torches. Maybe they should wear some kind of head gear. You know, in case it gets chilly outside.

"Homosexuality is a mental disorder that should be treated and not encouraged"

Same ignorance, bigotry, and hate from many on the right, different class of Americans being discriminated against.

Forum List

Back