Trifecta!!!! Santorum! Santorum! Santorum!

The mainstream media will launch a bunch of attacks on Santorum? Really?

Absolutely.

But you'll probably think it's "honest reporting" because they are saying bad things abuot conservatives.

Are they going to just make stuff up? Is there a central planning division in the "mainstream media"? Is there a place from whence the bad things are invented?

Please.........explain it to us.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

I was really pleased to see Santorum's success last night because it affirms that modern American conservatism is alive and well. While being staunchly pro life, I don't support Santorum's position that abortion should be illegal for any reason other than saving the life of the mother, but he would be no more able to get that made into law any better than any other pro life President. Conservatives rightly see that as a non issue as far as his credentials for President go.

What IS important is a commitment to shrink the sxze, scope, and power of big government, at least begin reversing the damage done by the existing and previous administrations, restore fiscal sanity, and restore our individual liberties, choices, options, and opportunities.

I don't know whether Rick will ultimately be the nominee, but we could do much much worse. You know he is a force to be reckoned with when those on the Left derisively say they hope he is the nominee oin the theory that we will see that as a negative and won't then nominate somebody who can win.

But now that Santorum is absolutely among the front runners, look for the personal destruction to begin from his opponents, the Left, and the Left's surrogate media. Both honest and dishonest criticism will be heaped upon him, and we'll see if he can stand up under that kind of hateful and too often dishonest attack any better than Romney and Gingrich have.

Last edited:
Although I like President-elect Newt, I'm sort of taking a liking to Santorum a little bit too... Actually, I think the best candidate would be my barber, Earl. He knows everything about everything.

I was really pleased to see Santorum's success last night because it affirms that modern American conservatism is alive and well. While being staunchly pro life, I don't support Santorum's position that abortion should be illegal for any reason other than saving the life of the mother, but he would be no more able to get that made into law any better than any other pro life President. Conservatives rightly see that as a non issue as far as his credentials for President go.

What IS important is a commitment to shrink the sxze, scope, and power of big government, at least begin reversing the damage done by the existing and previous administrations, restore fiscal sanity, and restore our individual liberties, choices, options, and opportunities.

I don't know whether Rick will ultimately be the nominee, but we could do much much worse. You know he is a force to be reckoned with when those on the Left derisively say they hope he is the nominee oin the theory that we will see that as a negative and won't then nominate somebody who can win.

But now that Santorum is absolutely among the front runners, look for the personal destruction to begin from his opponents, the Left, and the Left's surrogate media. Both honest and dishonest criticism will be heaped upon him, and we'll see if he can stand up under that kind of hateful and too often dishonest attack any better than Romney and Gingrich have.

that is not the theory.

you people on the right are insane
4fde341d6d69405d90313c4.jpg

SANTORUM has my vote. He has to promise to clean up America and put all of the criminal element that tied to destroy America in prison where they belong. The entire Bush Administration needs to be put in jail.

Just put "Anyone But Obama" on the ballot. I'll vote for that. Pick Romney's dead dog... I don't care... anyone... absolutely anyone except that Constitution Hating Asshole in the Oval.
If it came down to Obama, Santorum, and Romney's dead dog, I'd vote for the dog. Twice.

I'd look at who's polling strongest against that Asshole in the Oval... and vote for whoever that happens to be... including Romney's dead dog.

While I'm always happy to see Romney have a little misfortune, I'm not sure if this really means anything.

There were no delegates at stake in Missouri and Gingrich wasn't on the ballot. So what you had was a win where Romney was only facing a single conservative in a state where they truly hate Mormons. (Seriously, Missouri didn't repeal Governor Bogs 1839 Extermination order until recently.) So that doesn't impress me that much.

Minnesota kind of surprises me, because Romney won that won in 2008 and he had Pawlenty out shilling for him. Then again, I may have just answered my own question. BUt he came in THIRD place behind Ron Paul.

Colorado was the one that shocks me, because Romney had a lot of organization there, a sizeable lead.

Long term, I don't think it matters. I think we are now going to see the Mainstream Media launch into a bunch of attacks on Santorum, and Romney still has the money and organization to go the distance.

Yeah, but they launched into a bunch of attacks on Newt as well, and that only made him look better to voters.
Yeah....there are suckers, out there, who (still) believe you can (actually).....

eusa_doh.gif

Although I like President-elect Newt, I'm sort of taking a liking to Santorum a little bit too... Actually, I think the best candidate would be my barber, Earl. He knows everything about everything.

When we were still driving the State of New Mexico in our business, Mr. Foxfyre found a barber in Las Cruces that he really liked and postponed his haircuts until he could get them there. (We were there at least once a month.) The barber, Guillermo--can't remember his last name--was from Mexico but a natiuralized American citizen. He had some great political commentary that Mr. Foxfyre reported and made it into some of my journals. One was that the best solution to the Mexican illegal immigration problem would be for the U.S.A. to annex Mexico. Then people would be legally moving south in huge numbers instead of people coming north illegally.

Maybe we could arrange a debate between Earl and Guillermo? It would probably be a lot more interesting than any we've seen so far. :)

You are forgetting that the only reason Romney is a front runner is because no one else on the GOP ticket is electable. GOP voters wanted Trump, Cain, Newt, Bachmann, Christie more than they wanted Romney but each proved to be unelectable.

Santorum is no different. Wants to ban abortion even in cases of rape?

Romney is still your best candidate, but no way he can win being this unpopular with Republican voters. Indpendants don't like or trust him but the GOP is hoping that his liberal past might make him seem less extreme than the other republican candidates.

The fact that Republicans aren't talking much about this upset today tells me they realize this is not good news for their chances in November. They were hoping to have a nominee by now. And this is not making Romney a better candidate. But it is giving Obama time to raise money, and he doesn't have to run ads against the GOP because they are trashing themselves. This is wonderful!!!

Wasn't the convo about Barry??

Seems everytime someone mentions him you bring Bush back into the picture. Bush has been gone for 3 years and Bush was far from perfect.

Also if any of the GOP contenders had a collection of aquaintances like Barry does ya gotta know they would have been investigated from here to China and back. They would have sent those 200 reporters all over to dig up the dirt.

Barry?? Not so much.

Gotta luv ya S.

I just showed you Associations between the BUSHES and the BIN LADENS.

Holy crap.

It's more then just business too. It was George HW Bush's big idea to fund the muj.

Is Claudette really this clueless? :eusa_eh: Her being one of the extreme Righties :tinfoil: on the board, I expect so. :clap2:

Nope. Not clueless at all.

I'm a fiscal conservative. Don't care about gays or gay marriage. Abortion or any of those other nasty right wing no no's.

Don't listen to Rush or talk radio Don't watch Hannity.

BTW if I ever walked into a church I'm sure the fucker would collape.

If you think I'm an extreme right winger then you've obviously never met one. LOL

Rassmusen Poll of likely voters in the General Election: Santorum vs. Obama has Santorum beating Obama by 1%. None of the other republican candidates are beating Obama in the polls.

Maybe you could use Rassmusen polls in 2007 before we knew for sure that they lean right.

Mr. Rassmussen is a regular on Fox News.

His polls said the same thing for McCain. Remember how bad Obama beat McCain?

This is 1945 all over again. Remember the newspapers printed a paper saying "Dewey Defeats Truman"? Truman was up against a do nothing congress back then too. He even called it that. Truman wasn't doing that great but the GOP overeached and drove the unions back into Truman's arms.

You right wingers don't get it. You can't win Ohio now that the GOP went after collective bargaining. You can't win Wisconsin because of Scott Walker. You won't win Michigan because you wanted the auto companies to go bankrupt.

Who do you think the 99%ers are going to vote for? Bain Capital Romney?

Remember, Romney is only around because there is no alternative. All of the sudden Santorum is presidential? So was Cain, Perry, Bachmann, etc. Give it a week and see.

You know very well they are all liberals.... Which is why we hear ad-infinitum about Newt's infidelities and no one really wants to talk about Reverand God Damned America.

Nobody wants to talk about that, huh? Nobody?

BINGO! That's what YOU want to talk about because you fear a Santorum candidacy.

Why? Because Obama isn't prepared for that. He isn't cheating on his wife, he isn't divorced, and he isn't a "one percenter."
....But, it's not all THAT difficult to diagnose what.....

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back