Trump admitted plot to "discredit" media - "so no one will believe them"

Intelligent people have known this from day one:

Dd4cCr1U0AMAF16.jpg

Lefty media figures can cry all they want. If they were on the right side of this then they wouldn't need to mis-represent and mis-characterize just about everything Trump says and does.

If Trump is such a liar and such a danger, then turn off the bias and the emotion and turn-up the fact checking. It's better to fight fire with water, not more fire.
But when we fact check him, his supporters say the facts are lies. All the time.

Of course he did ;) He does this to all of his opponents and his base believes him no matter what. They're useful idiots as Stalin once said. lol

Reminds you when Obama continually bashed FOX News, same tactic, different President. Something tells me you were okay with Obama’s bashing of right leaning media.

"FOX News"? You mean -- "Fox News"?

This Fox 'News'?

ddc57280b136e6f0ca51c33f89037505.jpg

-- the one that's been caught over and over retouching photos, changing people's political parties when 'scandal' breaks out, cheerleading Tea Party rallies off-camera and running fake video of one event to push another event? That Fox News?

How are they different than CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN? The only difference I see is FOX was bashed by Obama and CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN being bashed by Trump?

According to you FOX reported BS and I read several stories of CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN reporting BS. To me they seem all the same. I usually read several sources and try to figure the truth out that way. I haven't trusted media long before Trump was in office.

Lefty media figures can cry all they want. If they were on the right side of this then they wouldn't need to mis-represent and mis-characterize just about everything Trump says and does.

If Trump is such a liar and such a danger, then turn off the bias and the emotion and turn-up the fact checking. It's better to fight fire with water, not more fire.
But when we fact check him, his supporters say the facts are lies. All the time.

It depends on who is fact checking, some fact checking sources are as erroneous as the facts they are pretending to fact check. I tend to discount many stories on both sides of the division and the further left and right wing they get, the less I trust them.

The world according to a CBS "journalist"? You almost gotta laugh. In a fair and just world CBS would no longer exist after using forged documents to try to influence a presidential election in favor of the democrat candidate.

Trump admitted that he attacks journalists so “no one will believe” them.

Veteran CBS journalist Lesley Stahl told a story about President Donald Trump that likely surprised few of her media colleagues at the Deadline Club Awards Dinner in New York on Monday evening.

According to Stahl, Trump told her that he continually “discredits” and “demeans” the press for a very specific reason: to sow uncertainty about the media so that “no one will believe” negative stories about him.

The “60 Minutes” reporter recalled what happened when she and her boss met with the then president-elect at Trump Tower after he eked out a surprise win in late 2016. Trump eventually started bashing the press in front of them.

“I said, ‘You know, that is getting tired. Why are you doing this? You’re doing it over and over. It’s boring and it’s time to end that,’” Stahl recounted in a talk with Judy Woodruff of “PBS Newshour” at the Deadline Club event, which honors excellence in journalism.

“And he said, ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you,’” she continued.

More: '60 Minutes' Reporter Reveals Trump's Chilling Reason For Slamming The Press

I already knew that - but it's nice to hear it from a prominent journalist that Trump actually said it. Trump has proven that this tactic will work on weak minds.

Good job Trump. MANY of us understand liberal news is primarily liberal propaganda.

Veteran CBS journalist Lesley Stahl told a story about President Donald Trump that likely surprised few of her media colleagues at the Deadline Club Awards Dinner in New York on Monday evening.

According to Stahl, Trump told her that he continually “discredits” and “demeans” the press for a very specific reason: to sow uncertainty about the media so that “no one will believe” negative stories about him.

The “60 Minutes” reporter recalled what happened when she and her boss met with the then president-elect at Trump Tower after he eked out a surprise win in late 2016. Trump eventually started bashing the press in front of them.

“I said, ‘You know, that is getting tired. Why are you doing this? You’re doing it over and over. It’s boring and it’s time to end that,’” Stahl recounted in a talk with Judy Woodruff of “PBS Newshour” at the Deadline Club event, which honors excellence in journalism.

“And he said, ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you,’” she continued.

More: '60 Minutes' Reporter Reveals Trump's Chilling Reason For Slamming The Press

I already knew that - but it's nice to hear it from a prominent journalist that Trump actually said it. Trump has proven that this tactic will work on weak minds.

Good job Trump. MANY of us understand liberal news is primarily liberal propaganda.

Yeah, unlike Fox News.

Ok? So?

Almost half the country hated, and didn't believe the Media, before Trump was ever in office.

This is one of the reasons I laugh at left-wingers all the time, that claim the mass media doesn't have a bias.

The fact you mindless morons, did not know up until Trump showed up, just how much we didn't trust the media to begin with.... proves the media bias.

You people are so closed off in your private echo chambers of self-deception, that you actually think that until Trump showed up, everyone thought the media was trustworthy.

How dumb do you have to be?

We hated the mass media for almost a decade now.

I remember back in the early 2000s, I was working at a car dealership before 9/11. Some idiot on the mass media, told everyone that modern cars do not need premium gas. We had HUNDREDS of cars come in, with engine problems, because the owners believed the lying mass media. We earned tons of money draining and refilling gas tanks of cars that required premium gas to run right.

That's one simple example of how the media routinely lies. I can think of a half dozen more just off the top of my head.

I already knew that - but it's nice to hear it from a prominent journalist that Trump actually said it.

that is the cry of defeat...all any of that proves is that the media has been rocked to its dishonest core by trump and they know people are catching on...does stahl have any proof this even happened [not that it would make a difference] or are we just expected to take her dishonest word for it?

Stahl is a known liar, so there's no reason to believe a thing she says unless it's backed by irrefutable proof.

Forum List

Back