Trump and Evangelical religion pro's and con's. Should Religion even be involved in the election?

Only men could vote in 1800. Washington never publicly disclosed his religious views . Adams Jefferson and Madison were rational Theists. They were not Bible believing blood of salvation Christians like today’s white evangelical Republican Christian nationalists are.

I would like to go back to the original religious atmosphere of our founding generation when only one out of five living in the thirteen colonies belonged to a church.
The rate today is 21% or 1 in 5, good grief!

Nope. That's not required.

That's awfully weak tea indeed. If a private employer pisses me off, I can quit right now. No need to wait for a fucking election. No need to convince voters to see things my way. They usually don't.

Nope. That's not required.

You're speaking gibberish.

That's awfully weak tea indeed. If a private employer pisses me off, I can quit right now. No need to wait for a fucking election. No need to convince voters to see things my way. They usually don't.

You can quit and not have a source of income. How are you going to pay your bills? You'll go hungry and get evicted from your apartment or won't pay your mortgage until you find another job (another unaccountable dictator to work for). You'll lose your healthcare and any other benefits that you were receiving. You're trivializing the loss of employment, one's only lifeline, to having food, a roof..etc.

You can't leave your job and get another one and then leave that job and continue hopping from one job to another. One master to another. You need to work for your capitalist master (Adam Smith, called capitalists, "masters"), for at least several years or your work history is going to look like crap and no one will hire you. Then you're screwed. So this idea that you can just easily quit your job is preposterous and ridiculous.

A democratic government is actually less authoritarian and more accountable than a private employer.

Nope. You claimed that quitting a job means you'll be homeless. I've quit lots of jobs. Was never homeless.
A democratic government is actually less authoritarian and more accountable than a private employer.
Utter bullshit. An employer can't have you arrested. And they can't shoot you if you defy them. You keep trying to make the same false equivalence, but you never address this core point.

Nope. You claimed that quitting a job means you'll be homeless. I've quit lots of jobs. Was never homeless.

Utter bullshit. An employer can't have you arrested. And they can't shoot you if you defy them. You keep trying to make the same false equivalence, but you never address this core point.
Do you quit a lot of jobs? Your work history must look like crap, What jobs are these? Fast food restaurants? Ridiculous. You can't just leave your job, and lose your only income, your healthcare..etc. You'll have to go maybe six months without health insurance.

You can quit and not have a source of income. How are you going to pay your bills? You'll go hungry and get evicted from your apartment or won't pay your mortgage until you find another job (another unaccountable dictator to work for). You'll lose your healthcare and any other benefits that you were receiving. You're trivializing the loss of employment, one's only lifeline, to having food, a roof..etc.

You can't leave your job and get another one and then leave that job and continue hopping from one job to another. One master to another. You need to work for your capitalist master (Adam Smith, called capitalists, "masters"), for at least several years or your work history is going to look like crap and no one will hire you. Then you're screwed. So this idea that you can just easily quit your job is preposterous and ridiculous.

I don’t work where I dont want to. I left a job a couple months ago, and found another, right a way. The idea that you work for bad employers is ridiculous. Grow a pair and quit, this will lead to change.

The rate today is 21% or 1 in 5, good grief!
Not true!

Frauds Tucker and Laura distance from T 201130 {post•135} NotfooledbyW Churching of America : Membership In America Percentage of population that belongs to a church: 1776 17% 1850 34% 1860 37% 1870 35% 1890 45% 1906 51% 1916 53% 1926 56% 1952 59% 1980 62% 1995 65% * *Estimated. Source: "The Churching of America: 1776-1990" by Roger Finke and Rodney Stark and Gallup Organization data“ •••• nfbw 201130 Vftald00135But

Woodrow Wilson for one, “Remember that God ordained that I should be the next president of the United States." Wilson later said that the United States had been created by God "to show the way to the nations of the world how they shall walk in the paths of liberty." Digital History

No go ahead and start spinning.
You got me there. By the same token, Wilson was one of our worst presidents ever. Much like Trump!

I don’t work where I dont want to. I left a job a couple months ago, and found another, right a way. The idea that you work for bad employers is ridiculous. Grow a pair and quit, this will lead to change.
So you jump from one exploiter to another. How many different jobs do you have yearly, two, or three? Your employment history on your resume must be two or three pages long. Many people have their health insurance through their employer, so if they're jumping from one employer to another, they won't have healthcare coverage. You also enjoy working in totalitarian environments. OK, I guess you're into spending most of your waking hours in a dictatorship.

Great Britain
No, Washington was born in a British colony which was not a country. Indeed many of the colonists born in the colonies called themselves 'American' even though there was no formal country. Washington was born in Virginia.

Oh well. Still never been homeless. Maybe you're just exaggerating to scare people into submission?
Many people live paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth, if they leave their jobs, they're homeless. They may not find a job for another three weeks, or even three months. They'll have to wait several months to get health insurance again.

Many people live paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth, if they leave their jobs, they're homeless. They may not find a job for another three weeks, or even three months. They'll have to wait several months to get health insurance again.
Still beats the hell out of compulsory state employment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back