Trump and Evangelical religion pro's and con's. Should Religion even be involved in the election?

can't you educate these people that STATES DON'T HAVE RIGHTS, PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS. STATES HAVE POWERS, THAT TRADITIONALLY HAVE BEEN HELD IN CHECK BY PERSONAL RIGHTS
It’s more important for Saint Papageorgio to accuse 2/3 of the US adult population of wanting to kill babies and have zero federal debt before voting for the only candidate this cycle who will restore and protect women’s reproductive freedom from more Catholic Supreme Court judges who are willing to let states take those freedoms away.

There's no way that religion can be kept from an election. I would like to see less campaign speeches from the pulpit. But then, I'd like to see a lot of things.

tl;dr

If you want conversation - converse. If you're just here to post your daily propaganda, I'm not interested.
I gave a complete explanation of my position, and you just shit all over it. I took my precious time and energy to explain where I'm coming from. You won't read that post, but others will. I'm writing for them because you just want to debate for the sake of debating.

Anyways.....I don't need human workers anymore, I have smart robots and AI. So what are you going to do about that Mr Dblack?

There's no way that religion can be kept from an election. I would like to see less campaign speeches from the pulpit. But then, I'd like to see a lot of things.
A pastor can lose his tax-exempt status if he starts preaching politics from the pulpit. If you want to be cruel, record that political rant and send it to the IRS, they'll contact your pastor and you'll never hear another political speech from the pulpit again. Guaranteed.

You won't read that post, but others will. I'm writing for them because you just want to debate for the sake of debating.
That's what I'm saying - if you're just writing to disseminate your daily propaganda, I'll skip. I've read all that crap before.

That's what I'm saying - if you're just writing to disseminate your daily propaganda, I'll skip. I've read all that crap before.
So why don't you answer my question? I don't need to hire human labor anymore, I have smart robots, AGI, autonomous vehicles..etc, what are you going to do about that? Anything? What's your solution?

A pastor can lose his tax-exempt status if he starts preaching politics from the pulpit. If you want to be cruel, record that political rant and send it to the IRS, they'll contact your pastor and you'll never hear another political speech from the pulpit again. Guaranteed.
Yep. That's why the government gives them the exemption in the first place - so they have leverage to squelch them if they get uppity.

I'll keep my response to two paragraphs or less. How about that?
We'll see.

Here's the deal. I've met you before. Several times, actually. The first time was back in the early eighties. I was a disillusioned punk rocker and used to go to all the local shows. There was this one older guy (late thirties) who used to hang out with the kids and pass out "literature". It was all agitprop stuff from the Soviets.

Eventually he started holding meetings to promote the cause. I was curious, and my girlfriend was interested, so we started going to the meetings. We got to be friends with the guy, and one night he told me all about what was going on. The Russians gave him a small stipend, and regular shipments of propaganda materials, in exchange for him holding the meetings and trying to recruit disaffected youth.

That was before the internet, but it was all the same kind of stuff you're posting here. Lurid, provocative pictures and cartoons mocking capitalism and offering up all the shallow "critique" that you're shoveling. Eventually, I saw it for what it was, and started asking the "wrong" questions. Mark - the guy in question, took a deep dive into drugs and alcohol and I never saw him again.

So, I've been around this block before and I know what you're up to. But I'll try to stay out of your way. ;)

We'll see.

Here's the deal. I've met you before. Several times, actually. The first time was back in the early eighties. I was a disillusioned punk rocker and used to go to all the local shows. There was this one older guy (late thirties) who used to hang out with the kids and pass out "literature". It was all agitprop stuff from the Soviets.

Eventually he started holding meetings to promote the cause. I was curious, and my girlfriend was interested, so we started going to the meetings. We got to be friends with the guy, and one night he told me all about what was going on. The Russians gave him a small stipend, and regular shipments of propaganda materials, in exchange for him holding the meetings and trying to recruit disaffected youth.

That was before the internet, but it was all the same kind of stuff you're posting here. Lurid, provocative pictures and cartoons mocking capitalism and offering up all the shallow "critique" that you're shoveling. Eventually, I saw it for what it was, and started asking the "wrong" questions. Mark - the guy in question, took a deep dive into drugs and alcohol and I never saw him again.

So, I've been around this block before and I know what you're up to. But I'll try to stay out of your way. ;)
Just click on my profile image and then click on ignore. Simple.

Forum List

Back