Trump and Gitmo

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Trump tweeted the following:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Jan 3
There should be no further releases from Gitmo. These are extremely dangerous people and should not be allowed back onto the battlefield.

Does he really think the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo are being freely released back to the battlefield?

Putting the Gitmo prisoners stateside in a Supermax is like slapping them on the wrist, no punishment whatsoever.

There should be no further releases from Gitmo. These are extremely dangerous people and should not be allowed back onto the battlefield.

Does he really think the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo are being freely released back to the battlefield?

Does Obama really think the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo can't/don't head back to the battlefield?

Does Obama really think the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo can't/don't head back to the battlefield?
not the dead or insane ones...

Seeing how proof has been seen that they are, what is your point if any?
I don't have a point, just asked a question
You asked a loaded question.

Does he really think that the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo are being freely released back to the battlefield?

That makes the erroneous assumption that are not being freely released back to the battlefield.

Does he really think that the prisoners that get transferred from Gitmo are being freely released back to the battlefield?

That makes the erroneous assumption that are not being freely released back to the battlefield.
Though I don't know the details I seriously doubt any are being freely released. From what i've read they are being transferred to other prisons in other countries. I assume some stay in prison and others get released if the country feels they are no longer a threat. I've seen some data showing that approx. 15% of the ones that get released engage in criminal activity after being released. Any of you know more about this??

Lists of former Guantanamo Bay detainees alleged to have returned to terrorism - Wikipedia

Trump released hundreds of ISIS fighters from Turkeys prison and jailed thousands of migrants just for crossing the border. Republican's think Trump is awesome!

Last edited:

Seriously? Can't Google first, bitch at Trump IF true?

Lists of former Guantanamo Bay detainees alleged to have returned to terrorism - Wikipedia

Though I don't know the details I seriously doubt any are being freely released. From what i've read they are being transferred to other prisons in other countries. I assume some stay in prison and others get released if the country feels they are no longer a threat. I've seen some data showing that approx. 15% of the ones that get released engage in criminal activity after being released. Any of you know more about this??

Yea I found that in seconds. I hear about those returning to terrorism all the time. Seems like you are inventing reasons to bitch at Trump.

Not everything Obama said was wrong. Statistically impossible.

Same goes for Trump. But this is why I come across defending Trump when to me I'm attacking ignorance.

Yea I found that in seconds. I hear about those returning to terrorism all the time. Seems like you are inventing reasons to bitch at Trump.

Same goes for Trump. But this is why I come across defending Trump when to me I'm attacking ignorance.
Wow, pulling up threads from Jan 2017. That’s some deep shit. I wasn’t making up an excuse to bitch at Trump I read a tweet that didn’t sound right and posted about it to engage in discussion. I asked questions, listened to feedback and did some research. I thought that’s how these forums were supposed to work.

Wow, pulling up threads from Jan 2017. That’s some deep shit. I wasn’t making up an excuse to bitch at Trump I read a tweet that didn’t sound right and posted about it to engage in discussion. I asked questions, listened to feedback and did some research. I thought that’s how these forums were supposed to work.

Just saying I found evidence showing it was wrong in about 8.4 seconds.

Just saying I found evidence showing it was wrong in about 8.4 seconds.
So did I and I posted about it

Forum List

Back