🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Its up to us.....individually.....to assess the validity/accuracy of this report.

May, 22, 2017

President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

Trump sought the assistance of Coats and Rogers after FBI Director James B. Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials. It is unclear if a similar memo was prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to document Trump’s conversation with Coats. Officials said such memos could be made available to both the special counsel now overseeing the Russia investigation and congressional investigators, who might explore whether Trump sought to impede the FBI’s work.

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence

Its up to us.....individually.....to assess the validity/accuracy of this report.

May, 22, 2017

President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

Trump sought the assistance of Coats and Rogers after FBI Director James B. Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials. It is unclear if a similar memo was prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to document Trump’s conversation with Coats. Officials said such memos could be made available to both the special counsel now overseeing the Russia investigation and congressional investigators, who might explore whether Trump sought to impede the FBI’s work.

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence

(Rogers) "To the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate."

Rogers: “I Have Never Been Directed To Do Anything” Unethical or Inappropriate

Coats, who was testifying before the Senate intelligence committee Wednesday morning, denied he felt pressured when asked about the Post report.

"I've never felt pressure to intervene or interfere in any way with shaping intelligence in a political way or in relation to the ongoing investigation," he said.

DNI head claims Trump asked him to intervene in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

So you're saying the lied to congress?

• Banned

May, 22, 2017

(Rogers) "To the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate."

Coats, who was testifying before the Senate intelligence committee Wednesday morning, denied he felt pressured when asked about the Post report.

"I've never felt pressure to intervene or interfere in any way with shaping intelligence in a political way or in relation to the ongoing investigation," he said.

DNI head claims Trump asked him to intervene in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

Its the nuances of responding in an OPEN hearing....any idea as to what they told the committees in a CLOSED hearing?

(they'll also be testifying to Mueller.....)

Let's see, when the agencies are all reporting to him that they have found no evidenced of collusion, there is an issue when the president wants that to be publicized to slow down the feeding frenzy of the mediaa that is out to get him.

May, 22, 2017

Its the nuances of responding in an OPEN hearing....any idea as to what they told the committees in a CLOSED hearing?

(they'll also be testifying to Mueller.....)

Really here's what Comey said about it.

BURR: Director Comey, did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. Elections?

COMEY: Not to my understanding, no.

Here Is The Full Transcript Of James Comey's Senate Testimony

Feinstein, No evidence of collustion
Waters, No evidence of collusion
Burr, No evidence of collusion

I could list a half dozen more, you're not worth the effort. They've all heard the classified testimony.

BURR: Director Comey, did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. Elections?

What you are conveniently 'forgetting: is that the Trumpster's OWN investigation was precisely prompted by his firing of Comey.....ergo, Comey is correct that up to his ousting, there was no investigation of trump.....Now, however, its all downhill for the orange charlatan.

Trump has that right.

yes, he has that right...as he has the perfect 'right" to be labeled thoroughly corrupt.
Our system elects a president to execute the law in the name of the people. That gives him the power to, yes, decide who is and isn't prosecuted. The rampant corruption we see going on in DC today springs from those seeking to annul the election.

But, here's the KEY point made by Comey which inculpates...not trump himself....but those he has surrounded himself with...From the article above about Comey's quote:

Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government.”

But, here's the KEY point made by Comey which inculpates...not trump himself....but those he has surrounded himself with...From the article above about Comey's quote:

Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government.”

and?

What you are conveniently 'forgetting: is that the Trumpster's OWN investigation was precisely prompted by his firing of Comey.....ergo, Comey is correct that up to his ousting, there was no investigation of trump.....Now, however, its all downhill for the orange charlatan.
So Trump is being investigated because he fired the FBI director when there was no investigation of Trump. Got it!

Excuse me, that testimony was AFTER he was fired. Comey justified his firing in that testimony, by saying he would do the same as he did with the bitch again in similar circumstances. Don't believe me, read the damn transcript. What are you going to do when your fantasy comes crashing down around you little snowflake head? Remember there are suicide hot lines available to help you through that kind of crisis.

We have an investigation dragging on for months which has produced NO EVIDENCE. The fact that it's going on in spite of that fact is proof of corruption.....but not on the part of the president.

Yep, and everyone I mentioned have heard the testimony, both public and private, and continue to say there is no evidence of coordination to this day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back