Trump attacks his own political party

Sure we could. Once you stop letting the healthcare industry profiteers dictate pricing, for starters.

what is the average profit margin after taxes of medical insurance companies? any idea?

while you look that up, also look up the profit rates for big pharma, software companies, medical supply companies, hospitals, I think you may then realize where the problem lies.

Single payer would only make that situation worse because it would create a monopoly that could rob us at will.

...and yet, Medicare is not a monopoly. My coverage his provided by Caremore Advantage plan....

do you understand how the advantage plans work? I am on Humana advantage. The government pays the insurance companies a flat rate per month to administer your medical care needs. The amount paid to the companies gives them some surplus so they can offer things like: zero premiums, health club memberships, discount or free drugs, points for gift cards etc. I agree that its a good deal for all involved.

If we revert to "medicare for all" as you say you want, those great programs will go away and you and I will be faced with straight medicare which pays at best 80% of your bills.

careful what you wish for.
Yes, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements would have to stay.

I would guess that at least half the country doesn't really understand how the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system works. So when they talk about "Medicare for All" or "Single Payer", they're just tossing out words. I see it here all the time.

Expanding the FULL Medicare system to all would retain dynamic free market competition and take a massive cost monkey off the backs of our employers.

medicare is the absence of competition. Are you saying that doctors and hospitals would compete for medicare payments that don't even cover their costs of operating?

They do that right now. Nobody holds a gun to the head of a provider and demands that they treat Medicare patients.

Too bad The country could never afford single payer... lol

Sure we could. Once you stop letting the healthcare industry profiteers dictate pricing, for starters.

what is the average profit margin after taxes of medical insurance companies? any idea?

while you look that up, also look up the profit rates for big pharma, software companies, medical supply companies, hospitals, I think you may then realize where the problem lies.

Single payer would only make that situation worse because it would create a monopoly that could rob us at will.

...and yet, Medicare is not a monopoly. My coverage his provided by Caremore Advantage plan....

do you understand how the advantage plans work? I am on Humana advantage. The government pays the insurance companies a flat rate per month to administer your medical care needs. The amount paid to the companies gives them some surplus so they can offer things like: zero premiums, health club memberships, discount or free drugs, points for gift cards etc. I agree that its a good deal for all involved.

If we revert to "medicare for all" as you say you want, those great programs will go away and you and I will be faced with straight medicare which pays at best 80% of your bills.

careful what you wish for.

Red, I am very much aware of how Advantage plans work. I was in on the design phase of them back in the 1980's in my insurance career. There is absolutely no reason why they can not exist under a government universal health plan.

Medicare will NOT exist as it is designed now according to it's Trustees!
Short-Range Results

The estimated depletion date for the HI trust fund is 2029, one year later than in last year’s report.
As in past years, the Trustees have determined that the fund is not adequately financed over the next 10 years.
HI expenditures are projected to be lower than last year’s estimates, mostly due to lower inpatient hospital utilization assumptions and lower-than-expected spending in 2016.
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/Downloads/TR2017.pdf

I can see where Trump would be frustrated, its no easy thing being the leader of the free world. we have people who are well versed in law, government, the constitution, foreign policy, economics, environment, a president needs to get in put in those areas. yet he has put people at the head of agency's who have little to no experience with the agency's they head. there drawn from friends & people who made large donations. this is a problem for all presidents.

MAC.jpg

Did you guys see in one of Trump's recent speeches he placed the blame on the Republicans for not getting rid of ACA? He even stated that they had over 7 years to get this done and were still spinning their wheels.

If healthcare fails, expect Trump to throw the entire GOP under the bus.

Enough with all these republican politicians graduating from Yale & Harvard. Let's elect Trump supporting, America loving citizens.

I just call it Friday.

Here it is Monday and every is different.

Again.

This drama queen rules with lies and tweets and tweet so about lies, lies about tweets.

IMO, the reason he uses Twitter is that it's the only thing he knows how to do.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

• Tweets
  • Lies
  • Play golf
  • Gives campaign rally speeches
That is the Trump legacy so far.

I just call it Friday.

Again.

This drama queen rules with lies and tweets and tweet so about lies, lies about tweets.

• Tweets
  • Lies
  • Play golf
This was before Obama was elected and you still didn't catch on even after the
1) 46 million uninsured American Lie
2) half of all americans have pre-existing conditions
3) You can keep your plan.
4)" I pledge we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States. If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."
Yea... this was the lie though that doesn't surprise people... Obama IS an angry black man!
Or these lies:
Obamabiography1995.png
Obamastop20Lies.png

Last edited:
I just call it Friday.

Again.

• Tweets
  • Lies
  • Play golf
This was before Obama was elected and you still didn't catch on even after the
1) 46 million uninsured American Lie
2) half of all americans have pre-existing conditions
3) You can keep your plan.
4)" I pledge we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States. If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."
Yea... this was the lie though that doesn't surprise people... Obama IS an angry black man!
Or these lies:
View attachment 141470 View attachment 141471
View attachment 141470

Ah, Mr. FreeMarket Healthcare doesn't like to talk about Trump in a thread about Trump.

Forum List

Back