Trump attacks his own political party

There is no way for it to work, when you get a deadbeats taking way more than what is brought in. Simple arithmetic
Simple arithmetic involves numbers which is what I was asking for... youve dodged answering twice now. So how about we go back and look at the numbers. What are healthcare costs in this country and how much do insurance companies profit after paying the bills? That will give us a start for the "simple arithmetic"... or is discussing these kinds of details over your head?

Pretty damn simple answer!
Health care costs in the USA..ANSWER:
First up isn't a prediction as much as a major milestone that's reflective of escalating healthcare costs. According to CMS (here) our National Healthcare Expenditure (NHE) is projected to hit $3.207 trillion this year. The U.S. Population is currently hovering at around 320 million, so 2015 looks to be the first year healthcare spending will reach $10,000 per person. We may be "bending the cost growth curve," but the per capita amount continues to grow.
U.S. Healthcare Spending On Track To Hit $10,000 Per Person This Year

Ok now for your other dumb ass question: insurance companies profit after paying the bills?
First of all you dummies never heard of the Medical loss ratio I bet!
Here let me help you out!
A basic financial measurement used in the Affordable Care Act to encourage health plans to provide value to enrollees. If an insurer uses 80 cents out of every premium dollar to pay its customers' medical claims and activities that improve the quality of care, the company has a medical loss ratio of 80%.
So these idiots at Obamacare FORCED 85% MLR... and guess what? FORCED Premiums up!

WHY... well let's take a look at Aetna's 2015 Financial statement:
NOTE: Claims..health care costs: $41 billion divided by total premiums $51 billion equals 80% going out in claims!
Then NOTE: those exorbitant salaries, overhead etc. $11 billion of $51 billion 21% wow terrible
Finally after all is done what kind of federal taxes have they paid? $2 billion in taxes or 4% But wait... remember they also paid Federal payroll taxes!
So now they have after all that is done woo.... big profits! $ 2.4 billion from $51 billion is NET profits? 3.9%!
WOW!! Big money big money filthy profits... but wait where does that stand with other industries net profits...
Insurance is 40th at 7.2% and Aetna... 3.9%
View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

To reinforce the stupidity of a lot of people on this board and people in general look at this chart!
I'm sure most of you ignorant people really believe insurance companies, companies in general make a lot of profit! WRONG!

The public thinks the average company makes a 36% profit margin, which is about 5X too high • AEI
View attachment 141096
Wow, well I was going to "thank" your response and applaud you for wanting to talk about real numbers until I read your snarky little comment about my dumb ass questions. If you think I'm dumb for wanting to talk about stats and numbers then feel free to not respond to me and engage with members seeking hateful partisan attack fights
Simply... the well is dry.
For the 5th time. Show some numbers... what are the costs per person? How much to insurance companies collect in revenue? Break it down or do details make your head hurt?
People have no money to waste on frivolous things like single payer... fact

There is no way for it to work, when you get a deadbeats taking way more than what is brought in. Simple arithmetic
Simple arithmetic involves numbers which is what I was asking for... youve dodged answering twice now. So how about we go back and look at the numbers. What are healthcare costs in this country and how much do insurance companies profit after paying the bills? That will give us a start for the "simple arithmetic"... or is discussing these kinds of details over your head?

First up isn't a prediction as much as a major milestone that's reflective of escalating healthcare costs. According to CMS (here) our National Healthcare Expenditure (NHE) is projected to hit $3.207 trillion this year. The U.S. Population is currently hovering at around 320 million, so 2015 looks to be the first year healthcare spending will reach $10,000 per person. We may be "bending the cost growth curve," but the per capita amount continues to grow.

Ok now for your other dumb ass question: insurance companies profit after paying the bills?
A basic financial measurement used in the Affordable Care Act to encourage health plans to provide value to enrollees. If an insurer uses 80 cents out of every premium dollar to pay its customers' medical claims and activities that improve the quality of care, the company has a medical loss ratio of 80%.
So these idiots at Obamacare FORCED 85% MLR... and guess what? FORCED Premiums up!

NOTE: Claims..health care costs: $41 billion divided by total premiums $51 billion equals 80% going out in claims!
Then NOTE: those exorbitant salaries, overhead etc. $11 billion of $51 billion 21% wow terrible
Finally after all is done what kind of federal taxes have they paid? $2 billion in taxes or 4% But wait... remember they also paid Federal payroll taxes!
So now they have after all that is done woo.... big profits! $ 2.4 billion from $51 billion is NET profits? 3.9%!
WOW!! Big money big money filthy profits... but wait where does that stand with other industries net profits...
View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

To reinforce the stupidity of a lot of people on this board and people in general look at this chart!
I'm sure most of you ignorant people really believe insurance companies, companies in general make a lot of profit! WRONG!

The public thinks the average company makes a 36% profit margin, which is about 5X too high • AEI
View attachment 141096
Wow, well I was going to "thank" your response and applaud you for wanting to talk about real numbers until I read your snarky little comment about my dumb ass questions. If you think I'm dumb for wanting to talk about stats and numbers then feel free to not respond to me and engage with members seeking hateful partisan attack fights
For the 5th time. Show some numbers... what are the costs per person? How much to insurance companies collect in revenue? Break it down or do details make your head hurt?

You idiot! I gave you AETNA's financial statement.
Are you that dumb you can't look at a financial statement and figure out what the costs are?
GEEZ.... Bottom line you idiot... 81% of what Aetna collected in premiums you dummy went out in claims! Do you understand?
That left 20% for operational costs, salaries, TAXES taxes and then you dummies don't even know what RESERVES are do you!
The states require insurance companies if they are selling in their state to have ... RESERVES for future claims....geez.
How do reserves become reserves???? PROFITS!!... What is left over after ALL expenses!
So once again I have to do your work because you are so stupid!

Approximately 23.1 million medical members
" ---https://www.aetna.com/about-us/aetna-facts-and-subsidiaries/aetna-facts.html"
$51 billion divided by 23.1 million is what geez I hate do these things for dummies like you!
  • Comes out to $2,207 per insured person! Geez... simple math and a little research goes along ways!

Last edited:

View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

View attachment 141096
People have no money to waste on frivolous things like single payer... fact
Then fucking prove it you dimwit. This is the 7th time I've asked for numbers and you keep responding with baseless proclaimations. Time to step up the discussion or shut up

View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

View attachment 141096

Are you that dumb you can't look at a financial statement and figure out what the costs are?
GEEZ.... Bottom line you idiot... 81% of what Aetna collected in premiums you dummy went out in claims! Do you understand?
That left 20% for operational costs, salaries, TAXES taxes and then you dummies don't even know what RESERVES are do you!
The states require insurance companies if they are selling in their state to have ... RESERVES for future claims....geez.
How do reserves become reserves???? PROFITS!!... What is left over after ALL expenses!

" ---https://www.aetna.com/about-us/aetna-facts-and-subsidiaries/aetna-facts.html"
$51 billion divided by 23.1 million is what geez I hate do these things for dummies like you!
  • Comes out to $2,207 per insured person! Geez... simple math and a little research goes along ways!
What percentage of the market does Aetna own?

aetna2015fianancials-png.141100

industryprofits2017-png.141102

embedded in Health Myths articles

View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

View attachment 141096

Why don't you find out for yourself! Are you that ignorant about how to find out? Geez I hate doing lazy people's work.
Find out yourself!

If you don't put gas in the tank, change the oil and replace the brakes then your car isn't going to work. The car is now at the Republicans auto shop. If the ACA dies then it's easy to assign them blame.
Obamacare was made to fail... to make way for single payer

lol, so if it's failing, the plan is working?
Too bad The country could never afford single payer... lol
Why can't our country afford it? How much are healthcare costs per year in this country? How much do insurance companies profit per year after paying for their customers care? Think about it
Because the successful would be paying for the deadbeats, and deadbeats Vastly out number successful people… Facr
Here is the LARGEST single cost contributor to health care!
defensivemed063917.png

Why don't you find out for yourself! Are you that ignorant about how to find out? Geez I hate doing lazy people's work.
Find out yourself!
Your article embedded the information that he was pitching a fit over...........why I funnied his posts..............lol

Mississippi tort reform at 10 years

As the 10th anniversary of Mississippi’s 2004 “tort reform” — limits on lawsuits — nears, supporters say the changes provided stability for doctors and businesses.

But opponents say they limited citizens’ rights to their day in court and fair compensation.

Regardless, it altered politics in Mississippi.

Various reports in recent years have shown large drops in medical lawsuits and doctors’ insurance premiums, and in the number of tort cases filed — down to about 3,500 in 2012, compared to more than 10,600 in 2002.

As the 10th anniversary of Mississippi’s 2004 “tort reform” — limits on lawsuits — nears, supporters say the changes provided stability for doctors and businesses.

But opponents say they limited citizens’ rights to their day in court and fair compensation.

Various reports in recent years have shown large drops in medical lawsuits and doctors’ insurance premiums, and in the number of tort cases filed — down to about 3,500 in 2012, compared to more than 10,600 in 2002.

And the ISSUE never was malpractice insurance premiums! A lot of people think THAT's what defensive medicine is about! WRONG!
It's the practice as I pointed out that 90% of doctors surveyed said they do...i.e. order duplicate tests, refer to specialists ALL costing MORE money and all because
they want to cover their butts! The fact is over 90% of medical lawsuits are settled out of court! Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court.[3] It's easy to understand why: money. The average court settlement is about $425,000; the average jury award tops $1 million.[3] Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.
Medscape: Medscape Access
They'd rather admit guilt then waste time and money defending.
So they do the next thing...i.e. practice defensive medicine. And the proof was again in the study.
When only 48% of responding doctors who were under federal contract reported doing "defensive medicine" because they can't be sued, while 90% of doctors
NOT under federal contract reported it.

Seems clear to me the 1946 Tort act reduced defensive medicine. If the $1 trillion a year these doctors say they cause due to duplicate tests, etc. is reduced by
20% THEN here is the kicker folks! The insurance companies HAVE to reduce premiums! The reason is that when they go in front of insurance boards asking for
premium increases and the boards look at their books and see hey your claim costs is way below 80%... You need to reduce your premiums!

And the ISSUE never was malpractice insurance premiums! A lot of people think THAT's what defensive medicine is about! WRONG!
It's the practice as I pointed out that 90% of doctors surveyed said they do...i.e. order duplicate tests, refer to specialists ALL costing MORE money and all because
they want to cover their butts! The fact is over 90% of medical lawsuits are settled out of court! Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court.[3] It's easy to understand why: money. The average court settlement is about $425,000; the average jury award tops $1 million.[3] Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.
So they do the next thing...i.e. practice defensive medicine. And the proof was again in the study.
When only 48% of responding doctors who were under federal contract reported doing "defensive medicine" because they can't be sued, while 90% of doctors

Seems clear to me the 1946 Tort act reduced defensive medicine. If the $1 trillion a year these doctors say they cause due to duplicate tests, etc. is reduced by
20% THEN here is the kicker folks! The insurance companies HAVE to reduce premiums! The reason is that when they go in front of insurance boards asking for
premium increases and the boards look at their books and see hey your claim costs is way below 80%... You need to reduce your premiums!
They practice defensive medicine but don't want tort reform............that doesn't make sense..............as Malpractice Insurance covers them from that very issue.

And the article I posted is how Mississippi dealt with it and lowered costs.

The sad part about "defensive medicine" waste is in almost all situations the general public's perceptions of lawyers is negative...except when it comes to
defensive medicine! For some reason whenever I put that piece up about defensive medicine people come up with their OWN one off , anecdotal story about
how screwed up their doctor was and thanks to the lawyer we got some money! YUP it's like these people look up medical malpractice as winning the lottery!
Besides its impact on civil justice in Mississippi, tort reform had a profound impact on state politics, as outside groups poured millions of dollars into the state to fight or elect judges and sway public sentiment on “jackpot justice.” Opponents made the term “trial lawyer” a household, dirty word. The fight helped Republicans by weakening a powerful base of support for Democrats, plaintiffs lawyers and a main source of political contributions.
Never mind the vast majority of people are paying higher insurance premiums because the insurance companies don't care if claims costs increase...they just raise the premiums! It isn't till state insurance regulators after Defensive medicine lawyers are taxed just like tanning salons were taxed 10% by Obamacare cause tanning causes
cancer...well Tax lawyers 10% of their $270 billion a year and use that to provide insurance for the less then 5 million that can't get it! Tie a reduction in the 10% lawyer tax to a reducing the $1 trillion in defensive medicine costs and see how physicians won't be so afraid of being sued!

Last edited:

They practice defensive medicine but don't want tort reform............that doesn't make sense..............as Malpractice Insurance covers them from that very issue.

Where did you get the impression physicians don't want "tort reform"? And Malpractice doesn't cover their time and lost revenue by having to testify in court.
Maleractice insurance is not the issue.

We all think that the enemy is only the filthy Democrats. However, they are aided by the weak minded RINOs. Trump is fighting the good battle against both of those big government Liberal factions. Good for him!

Where did you get the impression physicians don't want "tort reform"? And Malpractice doesn't cover their time and lost revenue by having to testify in court.
Maleractice insurance is not the issue.
It seemed by your comments that you suggested that.....perhaps I misread you.

All the Doctors I've talked to said Malpractice Insurance is a major player for them and that they order more tests to cover their ass.

My wife has just experienced what you have just described.............Going to many doctors for 2 problems........stomach problems and sinus problems...........Ordered a battery of tests.............Upper and lower GI's.........CT scans.........referred to Gastro specialists........referred to nose and throat specialists.............In regards to the stomach problem...............the Gyno found it with the cheapest test in the end.......tumors in the ovaries with a in house Sonogram............and that after costing well over 10k in other tests...............Sinus problem unresolved.........but we know it's blockage from bone...from an old wreck but can't get them to deal with it.

So I'm aware of the defensive medicine BS..............we have been going through it.

We all think that the enemy is only the filthy Democrats. However, they are aided by the weak minded RINOs. Trump is fighting the good battle against both of those big government Liberal factions. Good for him!

Or...that's what they WANT us to believe. Honestly it's hard to tell anymore.

I'm all for what Trump said in his campaign.....but how much of it will actually get down? I know I know....obstructionists will prevent it.
Hard to tell if that's what the problem is or not. Seems to me the (Elitist / Globalists / Establishment) is GOD....and it's will will be done regardless.

325 million people....all manipulated by a few thousand....with barely a peep of protest....mostly fighting among themselves.....while they live fabulous lives of the rich and traitorous....
If you were them, why would you stop?

View attachment 141102
View attachment 141100

View attachment 141096

So according to your numbers... I would cost approximately $660 billion to insure all americans and cover their healthcare costs. Does that sound about right?

Obamacare was made to fail... to make way for single payer

Sure we could. Once you stop letting the healthcare industry profiteers dictate pricing, for starters.

what is the average profit margin after taxes of medical insurance companies? any idea?

while you look that up, also look up the profit rates for big pharma, software companies, medical supply companies, hospitals, I think you may then realize where the problem lies.

Single payer would only make that situation worse because it would create a monopoly that could rob us at will.

...and yet, Medicare is not a monopoly. My coverage his provided by Caremore Advantage plan....

do you understand how the advantage plans work? I am on Humana advantage. The government pays the insurance companies a flat rate per month to administer your medical care needs. The amount paid to the companies gives them some surplus so they can offer things like: zero premiums, health club memberships, discount or free drugs, points for gift cards etc. I agree that its a good deal for all involved.

If we revert to "medicare for all" as you say you want, those great programs will go away and you and I will be faced with straight medicare which pays at best 80% of your bills.

careful what you wish for.

Sure we could. Once you stop letting the healthcare industry profiteers dictate pricing, for starters.

what is the average profit margin after taxes of medical insurance companies? any idea?

while you look that up, also look up the profit rates for big pharma, software companies, medical supply companies, hospitals, I think you may then realize where the problem lies.

Single payer would only make that situation worse because it would create a monopoly that could rob us at will.

...and yet, Medicare is not a monopoly. My coverage his provided by Caremore Advantage plan....

do you understand how the advantage plans work? I am on Humana advantage. The government pays the insurance companies a flat rate per month to administer your medical care needs. The amount paid to the companies gives them some surplus so they can offer things like: zero premiums, health club memberships, discount or free drugs, points for gift cards etc. I agree that its a good deal for all involved.

If we revert to "medicare for all" as you say you want, those great programs will go away and you and I will be faced with straight medicare which pays at best 80% of your bills.

Yes, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements would have to stay.

I would guess that at least half the country doesn't really understand how the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system works. So when they talk about "Medicare for All" or "Single Payer", they're just tossing out words. I see it here all the time.

Expanding the FULL Medicare system to all would retain dynamic free market competition and take a massive cost monkey off the backs of our employers.

Yes, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements would have to stay.

I would guess that at least half the country doesn't really understand how the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system works. So when they talk about "Medicare for All" or "Single Payer", they're just tossing out words. I see it here all the time.

Expanding the FULL Medicare system to all would retain dynamic free market competition and take a massive cost monkey off the backs of our employers.

medicare is the absence of competition. Are you saying that doctors and hospitals would compete for medicare payments that don't even cover their costs of operating?

Forum List

Back