trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Let me know when you grow up and are capable of admitting you were wrong.

Or just keep making the same insults. I don’t expect much from you.
I loved when he claimed Exxon, Mobil, Amoco, Chevron and Citgo came from Standard Oil.

Wrong.
Servers are irrelevant.
The main thing Twitter relies on is the internet, that is public, and that has regulations against discrimination and political censorship.
The internet is owned by, maintained by, and regulated by the FCC and FTC.
Great. Regulations are public. Show me the regulation.

I loved when he claimed Exxon, Mobil, Amoco, Chevron and Citgo came from Standard Oil.
I believe the first four did.

Standard Oil | History, Monopoly, & Breakup

In 1911, after dissolution of the Standard Oil empire, eight companies retained “Standard Oil” in their names, but by the late 20th century the name had almost passed into history. In 1931 Standard Oil Company of New York merged with Vacuum Oil Company (another trust company) to form Socony-Vacuum, which in 1966 became Mobil Oil Corporation. Standard Oil (Indiana) absorbed Standard Oil of Nebraska in 1939 and Standard Oil of Kansas in 1948 and was renamed Amoco Corporation in 1985. Standard Oil of California acquired Standard Oil of Kentucky in 1961 and was renamed Chevron Corporation in 1984. Standard Oil Company (New Jersey) changed its name to Exxon Corporation in 1972. British Petroleum Company PLC completed the purchase of Standard Oil Company (Ohio) in 1987, and in 1998 British Petroleum (renamed BP) merged with Amoco. Exxon and Mobil merged in 1999, and Chevron merged with Texaco in 2001.
Other companies that once were part of the trust included Atlantic Richfield Company, Buckeye Pipe Line Company (Ohio), Chesebrough-Pond’s Inc., Pennzoil Company, and Union Tank Car Company (New Jersey).

Now don't you feel stupid?

I'm not really wanting to sift through this entire thread...is it your position that businesses should be permitted the right to discriminate?
Trust me, I'm all for it...I just thought you Lefties hated discriminatory actions taken by businesses?

Yes, that is my position. As I have said 100 times on this forum I think that any anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the Govt is against the Constitution.

I am not a lefty, but you already knew that.

Publishers have legal liability, except that Congress recognized that the internet is just way different than Simon and Schuster. They can’t control the content in the same way.

Wrong.
A publisher has no liability until someone requests something be removed and they refuse.
That has never happened.
No one has ever claimed Trump was infringing on their rights so had to be censored.

It is illegal for Twitter to post other political opinions but discriminate against Trump's, since Trumps are no more harmful than any others,

And....that makes you unhappy? Do what normal people do....don't like a business or product, go elsewhere or create your own. That's Capitalism.
That argument has already been slayed a thousand times in a thousand different ways

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

Yes, that is my position. As I have said 100 times on this forum I think that any anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the Govt is against the Constitution.

I am not a lefty, but you already knew that.

Wrong.
The Equal Protection clause of the 14th amendment is intended and designed to force government to prevent discrimination at all times and places, including private companies.
But Twitter is not even private because it is just a thin layer of application over the internet, which is public and heavily regulated against any sort of discrimination of political censorship.
A candidate that heavily relies on Twitter could successfully claim election fraud if denied Twitter access illegally.
And by illegally I mean whenever the censorship is not necessary to defend the rights of others from abuse.

Why not? Why do you magically get a "right to privacy" with a private company? Where is that in the Constitution?

Because they do not have the capacity to listen to every single call going through their network. It is just physically impossible.

The Equal Protection clause of the 14th amendment is intended and designed to force government to prevent discrimination at all times and places, including private companies.

Simply not true, is there anything you do not think the 14th amendment gives the Govt the power to do?

Anti-discrimination laws rely on protected classes, which is a violation of the The Equal Protection clause in my opinion.

In 2018, Trump signed the Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA), which carved out an exception to a 1996 law that shields internet platforms from lawsuits over content posted by their users. The law was passed in reaction to websites like Backpage.com, which critics said facilitated an online marketplace for prostitution.

The law was intended to discourage platforms from making it easy for sex traffickers to advertise and sell the services of their victims online. Some civil rights groups have complained the law amounts to censorship of online speech.

Twitter was sued this past January by two young men who say they were manipulated into sharing sexually explicit videos of themselves as minors before finding the videos posted on Twitter a few years later.
When did anyone say internet companies were not responsible for criminal acts committed with their websites?

Forum List

Back