trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
What's the point in government if you can't use it to bully private companies?

So…you don’t think the Biden Administration is bullying businesses into forcing employees out with COVID mandates?

As far as Trump taking the Twitter issue to court. That’s usually the route people take to sort out legal grievances.

When did anyone say internet companies were not responsible for criminal acts committed with their websites?

It was said that Verizon and Twitter were regulated the same. Twitter is responsible for criminal acts committed with their websites, Verizon is not responsible for criminal acts committed through their networks...thus they are not regulated the same

Oh...you mean we FORCE people to have separate social media sites? or maybe, just maybe, if you are unhappy with one site, you take your business elsewhere or create your own. That's capitalism. More like, you don't like the water in the water fountain, you go buy your own water or even start your own water source company. Capitalism. Whining, like we are seeing a lot of here, is not capitalism.
Do you absolutely insist on being the biggest dumbass in the forum?

It was said that Verizon and Twitter were regulated the same. Twitter is responsible for criminal acts committed with their websites, Verizon is not responsible for criminal acts committed through their networks...thus they are not regulated the same
I never said they were regulated the same. The fact that they aren't is the problem with Twitter.

Um....no. Exxon actually con-solidated from Esso, Exxon, Standard, Sohio....and maybe a few others. Mobil was separate bus is now part of Exxon.

Amoco is BP as is Sinclair

Chevron started as Star Oil

Citgo owned by Venezuela
I already posted the article out of Encyclopedia Britannica explaining the whole thing, you brain damaged NAZI.

I never said they were regulated the same. The fact that they aren't is the problem with Twitter.

Thank fucking god I never said you did. The post you choose to respond to was to the person who did say they were regulated the same.

dont bother to read the thread or anything, just make stupid ass comments instead

Technically Twitter has the same protections as Verizon, for doing the same service as verizon. Which is transmission of information within it's networks. Remember, verizon does not store any of the content they transmit.

Where Twitter is regulated, is when they store that content on their servers, thus attain permanent possession. They have a duty to review that stored content to see if it's legal for them to publish it.
It's not regulated the same as Verizon, so your post is moot.

Everything you believe is based on wrong information.

Publishers have legal liability, except that Congress recognized that the internet is just way different than Simon and Schuster. They can’t control the content in the same way.
The internet still has publishers and common carriers. FOX News and NYT are publishers. So is Twitter.

As they do not retain any of that content, they are merely transporters of content.
Twitter also stores the content on their servers, and then "publishes" that content. So they are regulated as publishers.

They however are not content creators, who have strict legal liability.
They do retain some of the content. Do you actually believe your messages are not stored somewhere online?

What I find most troubling about all of this government back-door use of big tech to silence any opposing views is that so many do not find it troubling.
Americans are lazy and won’t pay attention until it effects them personally. But by then it will be too late.

This is a lie.

It’s perfectly appropriate and warranted that social media decide not to facilitate rightwing hate speech, racism, bigotry, misinformation, and lies – having nothing to do with Democrats.

In fact, Democrats hate social media as much as Republicans.

That’s why we have a First Amendment.
LMAO denial the left's only response post Trump. :itsok:

I believe Citgo is a Venezuelan based company.

{...
For years, the embattled Venezuelan government has had a surprising economic lifeline: a company called Citgo that owns three oil refineries and oversees a nationwide network of pipeline and oil and gas stations in the United States.

Citgo has long been a subsidiary of PDVSA, the Venezuelan state oil company. It would import heavy crude oil from Venezuela, then refine it and distribute it throughout the United States. Through this, cash would be provided for Venezuela’s political elite.
Citgo was founded by American businessman Henry L. Doherty as the Cities Service Co. in 1910. Doherty had already made a significant impact on the natural gas industry and wanted a holding company for the utility companies he was acquiring. After finding large quantities of oil near El Dorado, Kan., in 1915, the company slowly began to focus on the energy industry.
In 1965, in a bid to market themselves directly to consumers, Cities Service decided to change its name to Citgo, which is now familiar to U.S. consumers — the company’s logo is even an iconic part of the skyline in Boston’s Kenmore Square. By the 1980s, Citgo was one of the largest oil companies in the United States, but it faced tough competition.

The company was bought by Occidental Petroleum in 1982 and would go on to change hands a number of times in the following years. In 1986, roughly 50 percent of the company was bought by PDVSA, which then purchased the other 50 percent in 1990. The deal allowed the Venezuelan state oil company a route into the U.S. market, while Citgo’s refineries would have access to the largest proven oil reserves in the world.
...}

Yes, that is my position. As I have said 100 times on this forum I think that any anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the Govt is against the Constitution.

I am not a lefty, but you already knew that.
Cool…so for the record; you won’t lose all your shit when business X decides not to hire ShaQuita Jackson because she has a neck tattoo and speaks a weird variation of the English language?

Cool…so for the record; you won’t lose all your shit when business X decides not to hire ShaQuita Jackson because she has a neck tattoo and speaks a weird variation of the English language?

Nope not at all.

Forum List

Back