trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Does not matter, the fact is they can be held responsible for things on their platform and Verizon cannot be for thing sent across their network...thus they are not regulated the same.
Technically Twitter has the same protections as Verizon, for doing the same service as verizon. Which is transmission of information within it's networks. Remember, verizon does not store any of the content they transmit.

Where Twitter is regulated, is when they store that content on their servers, thus attain permanent possession. They have a duty to review that stored content to see if it's legal for them to publish it.

Does not matter, the fact is they can be held responsible for things on their platform and Verizon cannot be for thing sent across their network...thus they are not regulated the same.
Verizon is a common carrier, a status well defined by law that removes their liability for content sent on their network.

Should have done a google search

“In 1911, following the Supreme Court ruling, Standard Oil was broken into seven successor companies; Standard Oil of New Jersey, Standard Oil of New York, Standard Oil of California, Standard Oil of Indiana, Standard Oil of Kentucky, The Standard Oil Company (Ohio), and The Ohio Oil Company.”

And then?

Um....no. Exxon actually con-solidated from Esso, Exxon, Standard, Sohio....and maybe a few others. Mobil was separate bus is now part of Exxon.

Amoco is BP as is Sinclair

Chevron started as Star Oil

Citgo owned by Venezuela
All came from SOC. Hence they had the same colors.

Verizon is a common carrier, a status well defined by law that removes their liability for content sent on their network.
As they do not retain any of that content, they are merely transporters of content.
Twitter also stores the content on their servers, and then "publishes" that content. So they are regulated as publishers.

They however are not content creators, who have strict legal liability.

It is not over yet, that ruling was just a tad over a month ago.

But the fact they can be sued for it while Verizon cannot, proves they are not regulated the same.

End of story, time to go watch the Gator on the big screen and eat some goulash
I'm not really wanting to sift through this entire thread...is it your position that businesses should be permitted the right to discriminate?
Trust me, I'm all for it...I just thought you Lefties hated discriminatory actions taken by businesses?

As they do not retain any of that content, they are merely transporters of content.
Twitter also stores the content on their servers, and then "publishes" that content. So they are regulated as publishers.

I should leave you with your grief, for now.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, leftist

Publishers have legal liability, except that Congress recognized that the internet is just way different than Simon and Schuster. They can’t control the content in the same way.

Forum List

Back