trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
They can give recommendations all they like. Those companies do not want to be liable for an unstable, mentally ill president setting the country on fire. Simple as that. Come back up the rabbit hole, dude.

That is just opinion, and you can't arbitrarily censor based on opinion.
The rules for what can only legally be censored is if it can be proven to be harmful in the violation of the rights of others.
For Trumps tweets to be legally censored, he would have to have deliberately said what he knew to be untrue, with the intent and effect of harming others.
If Trump really believes the election was violated, then that is not slander, libel, or illegally inciting violence.
I dislike Trump and think he was wrong, but he has the right to tweet as much as anyone, and those who censored him are in violation of the law.

Says a douchebag who is constantly demanding that a baker make a cake that says what a couple of homosexuals want it to say.

Doe it ever occur to your morons that no believes your excuses because the go directly contrary to what you've said in other such controversies?

I don't care what you think. You're just another brain dead hate filled godbotherer.

I don't care if you believe me or not.
The truth doesn't have to be believed. That's the point of it.

Settle down Rambo. I'm going no where so you can ridicule me with your atrophied intelligence for ever. I'm going no where.

Entirely true...

Right up to the moment when the Accused actually uses that platform to erode democratic norms, reinforce autocracy, and incite Insurrection...

At which point... phukk 'em... Public Safety wins the contest...

Which is exactly what happened to your lying arrogant ignorant traitorous piece-of-$hit Orange Baboon-God...

It helps that your Orange Turd violated the Terms of Agreement under which his account existed...

Rump was his own worst enemy... thank God...

And now the lying little kokksukker wants back in... :auiqs.jpg:

The problem is that Trump violated nothing.
Nothing Trump wrote can be construed as an attempt to incite violence.
Nothing slanderous or libelous.
There was no legal basis for banning Trump.
In court, Trump should eventually win.

That is just opinion, and you can't arbitrarily censor based on opinion.
The rules for what can only legally be censored is if it can be proven to be harmful in the violation of the rights of others.
For Trumps tweets to be legally censored, he would have to have deliberately said what he knew to be untrue, with the intent and effect of harming others.
If Trump really believes the election was violated, then that is not slander, libel, or illegally inciting violence.
I dislike Trump and think he was wrong, but he has the right to tweet as much as anyone, and those who censored him are in violation of the law.
Sadly, you remain retarded. Again, no one has a right to post on Twitter.

Sadly, you remain retarded. Again, no one has a right to post on Twitter.
I'm afraid they do, turd. Government regulations protect TWitter from lawsuits, and those same regulations mean that it serves as a common carrier that doesn't edit content.

I'm afraid they do, turd. Government regulations protect TWitter from lawsuits, and those same regulations mean that it serves as a common carrier that doesn't edit content.
Are you ever not a fucking moron?

Ever???

No, fucking moron, Twitter is not a common carrier.

A common carrier is a person or a commercial enterprise that transports passengers or goods for a fee and establishes that their service is open to the general public. Typical examples of common carriers include, a shipowner, railroad, airline, taxi service, etc. A private carrier, on the other hand, is a person or a commercial enterprise that only agrees in particular circumstances to transport passengers or goods. Private carriers differ from common carriers because they don’t establish that their service is open to the general public. In other words, private carriers enter into a contract with each customer without the assumption that a similar contract will be available to the next customer.

Hopefully you'll note there's nothing in there designating a service qualifies as a common carrier due to exemption of laws. But I'm not banking on it.

If he'd spent one-tenth of the time he spent on Twitter as president actually working to improve the lives of the American people, the country would be exponentially better off right now.

They are obligated to post speech that is not illegal, does not violate any regulation, and the tweets are what Twitter has advertised as their functionality.
If not, then it is Twitter that is violating their own Terms of Service agreement.
Incorrect. They're under no obligation to post speech they don't want to post. Twitter has their own first amendment rights and forcing them to perpetuate speech they don't want to would violate that first amendment right.

No it doesn't. Common carriers are regulated under a totally different framework that does not apply to Twitter.

The problem is that Trump violated nothing.
Nothing Trump wrote can be construed as an attempt to incite violence.
Nothing slanderous or libelous.
There was no legal basis for banning Trump.
In court, Trump should eventually win.
That's a very pretty tale, but it just ain't so, and the ban is going to stick... rightfully so.

If he'd spent one-tenth of the time he spent on Twitter as president actually working to improve the lives of the American people, the country would be exponentially better off right now.
I sure could be wrong about this, but I don't see how he needs Twitter in '24.

The country knows who and what he is. If he runs again, it will be about turnout, again.

But removing those regulations wouldn't be enough - you'd still want to use government to force them to treat everyone "equally and impartially", right?

Trump's cult following is un-American and his hateful and stupid commentary should stay in the invisible closet.

'The Effect of President Trump's Election on *Hate Crimes'

The Effect of President Trump's Election on Hate Crimes

"The president [Trump] is a nationalist, which is not at all the same thing as a patriot. A nationalist encourages us to be our worst, and then tells us that we are the best. A nationalist, 'although endlessly brooding on power, victory, defeat, revenge,' wrote Orwell, tends to be 'uninterested in what happens in the real world.' Nationalism is relativist, since the only truth is the resentment we feel when we contemplate others. As the novelist Danilo Kiš put it, nationalism 'has no universal values, aesthetic or ethical.' A patriot, by contrast, wants the nation to live up to its ideals, which means asking us to be our best selves. A patriot must be concerned with the real world, which is the only place where his country can be loved and sustained. A patriot has universal values, standards by which he judges his nation, always wishing it well—and wishing that it would do better." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny'

You mean they would be exponentially worse.

Trump's cult following is un-American and his hateful and stupid commentary should stay in the invisible closet.

'The Effect of President Trump's Election on *Hate Crimes'

The Effect of President Trump's Election on Hate Crimes

"The president [Trump] is a nationalist, which is not at all the same thing as a patriot. A nationalist encourages us to be our worst, and then tells us that we are the best. A nationalist, 'although endlessly brooding on power, victory, defeat, revenge,' wrote Orwell, tends to be 'uninterested in what happens in the real world.' Nationalism is relativist, since the only truth is the resentment we feel when we contemplate others. As the novelist Danilo Kiš put it, nationalism 'has no universal values, aesthetic or ethical.' A patriot, by contrast, wants the nation to live up to its ideals, which means asking us to be our best selves. A patriot must be concerned with the real world, which is the only place where his country can be loved and sustained. A patriot has universal values, standards by which he judges his nation, always wishing it well—and wishing that it would do better." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny'
That's just a giant load of horseshit, fuckface.

Forum List

Back