Trump Blames ‘Disgusting’ Media For His Tanking Poll Numbers And Gaffes

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Trump said he would be beating Hillary by 20 percent if it weren’t for the media.

WASHINGTON ― Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, blamed the “disgusting” media for the candidate’s tanking poll numbers and recent controversies in a series of tweets and an interview Sunday morning.

“If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn’t put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%,” Trump tweeted.

A new poll released Saturday shows Clinton leading Trump by a comfortable margin in four key battleground states following the GOP presidential nominee’s recent string of gaffes on the campaign trail. Trump shocked even some of his own supporters last week when he suggested that gun rights advocates could take matters into their own hands if Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton becomes president and tries to appoint Supreme Court justices who support gun control.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Trump said at a campaign rally. “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

The comment caught the attention of the Secret Service, which reportedly had to have “more than one” conversation with the Trump campaign about it. But Trump insists that he was only urging gun rights supporters to organize their votes against Clinton, and Manafort told ABC’s Jake Tapper on Sunday that it was the media’s fault that Trump’s comment was interpreted as a threat.

“Most people did not interpret it that way,” Manafort said. “It was not at all meant to be a threat. But the point again is you could have covered what he was saying, or you could try and take an aside and take the Clinton narrative and play it out. You chose to do that instead.”

Manafort told Tapper that there was “plenty of news to cover this week” besides Trump’s comment, but the media “played it out for two days. I mean, that’s what we’re talking about.”

The “Second Amendment” comment was just one of Trump’s many controversial remarks to plague his campaign. He insulted Ghazala Khan, a Muslim American woman who lost her son in the Iraq War, and at a speech Wednesday night in Florida, he said President Barack Obama and Clinton are the “co-founders” of ISIS ― a comment he later dismissed as “sarcasm.”

The Republican National Committee is reportedly so frustrated with the embattled candidate that it’s considering cutting off support for his campaign. But Trump continues to point a finger at the media for his troubles.

“My rallies are not covered properly by the media,” he tweeted Sunday. “They never discuss the real message and never show crowd size or enthusiasm.”

Donald Trump Blames 'Disgusting' Media For His Tanking Poll Numbers And Gaffes

So, even Trump admits that his poll numbers are tanking. I thought Trump craved media coverage - but apparently only when it's positive. Trump is just a thin-skinned whiner.

Trump said he would be beating Hillary by 20 percent if it weren’t for the media.

WASHINGTON ― Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, blamed the “disgusting” media for the candidate’s tanking poll numbers and recent controversies in a series of tweets and an interview Sunday morning.

“If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn’t put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%,” Trump tweeted.

A new poll released Saturday shows Clinton leading Trump by a comfortable margin in four key battleground states following the GOP presidential nominee’s recent string of gaffes on the campaign trail. Trump shocked even some of his own supporters last week when he suggested that gun rights advocates could take matters into their own hands if Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton becomes president and tries to appoint Supreme Court justices who support gun control.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Trump said at a campaign rally. “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

The comment caught the attention of the Secret Service, which reportedly had to have “more than one” conversation with the Trump campaign about it. But Trump insists that he was only urging gun rights supporters to organize their votes against Clinton, and Manafort told ABC’s Jake Tapper on Sunday that it was the media’s fault that Trump’s comment was interpreted as a threat.

“Most people did not interpret it that way,” Manafort said. “It was not at all meant to be a threat. But the point again is you could have covered what he was saying, or you could try and take an aside and take the Clinton narrative and play it out. You chose to do that instead.”

Manafort told Tapper that there was “plenty of news to cover this week” besides Trump’s comment, but the media “played it out for two days. I mean, that’s what we’re talking about.”

The “Second Amendment” comment was just one of Trump’s many controversial remarks to plague his campaign. He insulted Ghazala Khan, a Muslim American woman who lost her son in the Iraq War, and at a speech Wednesday night in Florida, he said President Barack Obama and Clinton are the “co-founders” of ISIS ― a comment he later dismissed as “sarcasm.”

The Republican National Committee is reportedly so frustrated with the embattled candidate that it’s considering cutting off support for his campaign. But Trump continues to point a finger at the media for his troubles.

“My rallies are not covered properly by the media,” he tweeted Sunday. “They never discuss the real message and never show crowd size or enthusiasm.”

Donald Trump Blames 'Disgusting' Media For His Tanking Poll Numbers And Gaffes

So, even Trump admits that his poll numbers are tanking. I thought Trump craved media coverage - but apparently only when it's positive. Trump is just a thin-skinned whiner.

He is 100% correct.

well from what i've read about the kind of sick and obscene messages that nancy pelosi has been getting, maybe she can finally understand what it's like for us ''rubes'' to look at cnn.

well from what i've read about the kind of sick and obscene messages that nancy pelosi has been getting, maybe she can finally understand what it's like for us ''rubes'' to look at cnn.

So, you are okay with invasion of privacy? BTW, why do you "look at CNN"...?

The candidate of the *supposed* party of personal responsibility constantly blaming everyone but himself. How rich.

Wowsa, some mental just suggested the MSM helped get The Donald elected. :p

The MSM qu33rs keep alluding to "gaffes." The Donald has never really made one. He is beloved because he speaks his mind and most people who are not afraid of the truth agree with him. But since the MSM qu33rs say he did, it is so, in the mind of the brainwashed low information demographic.

'“If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn’t put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%,” Trump tweeted.'

Nonsense.

Trump has only himself to blame.

There's no tanking poll numbers when you find out the lying over sampling and everyone knows it.

Media is toast. Well if it isn't now, just wait.

'“If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn’t put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%,” Trump tweeted.'

Nonsense.

Trump has only himself to blame.

:lmao:

Trump has pollsters over sampling. Give me a fucking break.

Trump is a lunatic. The media handed him a victory in the primaries, and now he pretends there's a conspiracy against him. What a nut.

Losin' Donald's insane tweet storm this morning: Donald Trump rails against the New York Times after critical pieces

That's bullshit.

Lone wolf here. Starting with Joe and his dead intern on his office floor scandal. Revisited big time.

It's time the media that just love their Democrats get nuked. Along with the middle of the road sons of bitches.

Scarborough is my starting place. I've collected for years.

:)

Trump is a lunatic. The media handed him a victory in the primaries, and now he pretends there's a conspiracy against him. What a nut.

Losin' Donald's insane tweet storm this morning: Donald Trump rails against the New York Times after critical pieces

That's bullshit.

Lone wolf here. Starting with Joe and his dead intern on his office floor scandal. Revisited big time.

It's time the media that just love their Democrats get nuked. Along with the middle of the road sons of bitches.

What in the... :cuckoo:

I think the media really need investigating.

Especially those that have criminals in their families.

This is pretty much how CNN and MSNBC are reacting to Katrina Pierson and Scottie Nell Hughes when they try to defend Trump. I was just watching Fredricka Whitfield on CNN as she was interviewing Scottie Nell Hughes. Priceless...

6ee.jpg

That's bullshit.

What in the... :cuckoo:

The media is now about to come under great scrutiny. I've collected data for years on our current media Old School. Those that have been reporting have to be as scrutinized as they claim they are doing with our candidates.

Joe's just for starters for me. You know. The same bastard calling for Trump to get out of the race?

Well, I think we should really investigate his dead intern on the floor of his office don't you think? If Joe is going to be judgemental on Trump, I think people should take a good look at the man calling for judgement.

His dead intern.

This is pretty much how CNN and MSNBC are reacting to Katrina Pierson and Scottie Nell Hughes when they try to defend Trump. I was just watching Fredricka Whitfield on CNN as she was interviewing Scottie Nell Hughes. Priceless...

6ee.jpg

Wait till they are exposed. This is going to be so much fun Lakhota.

Forum List

Back