Trump boom - 2.3% growth for 2017, slowest job growth in 6 years

The economy grew at a 2.6 percent rate to end 2017, the Department of Commerce reported...For all of 2017, GDP growth was 2.3 percent

GDP growth slowed to 2.6 percent to end 2017

Dang! That Trump fella sure turned things around! :rolleyes:
The Strange Ups and Downs of the U.S. Economy Since 1929

It's in your own article

For all of 2017, GDP growth was 2.3 percent, better than the 1.5 percent the year before but slower than 2015's mark.

you guys really don't do any research or even read your own stuff, do you....google takes like 5 seconds...holy shit you're either stupid or lazy, I suspect both

I thought according to you guys we'd be in a depression now....we're not...you guys are full of shit.
They think that we forgot what the economy was doing by throwing around bogus numbers that cannot be verified.
I remembered that Obama never reached 3% but they claim he reached close to 5%.
Total horseshit.
Another thing they forget to mention.....what is going on now isn't going to be published for several months....so they cannot say Obama had a better economy when the numbers for this quarter, after the taxcut, won't be released till later this year, and the numbers for 2018 won't be released till next year.
But then again....they think we're all a bunch of idiots like they are. Nevermind the fact that Obama's folks are still in charge of the numbers.....that is until they can be removed and reality can see the light of day once again.

Seems Trump is just chugging along doesn't it?
Good thing The Great Obama gave him a strong economy to work with
Obama gave him a shit economy, moron.
Evidently not when Trump can't even match it
He already has.
Trump is chugging along on the same economy the Great Obama gave him
Wrong. The only thing Obama did is take credit for things he had nothing to do with.
The Great Obama stopped a depression and gave us eight years of prosperity

Trump is just surfing the Great Obama wave

Obama gave him a shit economy, moron.
He already has.
Wrong. The only thing Obama did is take credit for things he had nothing to do with.

The economy was already on the rebound before Obama was innaugurated.

You're full of shit, obviously.

iu

Make sure that you give back your tax breaks to the government, because if you spend any of it, you will help President Trumps economy ROAR along like a Ferrari. And like good commies that you are, you sure as hell don't want President Trump to look that good, right?

Somehow, i don't think the $18.00 a week most Americans will get back will make that much of a difference.

The Great Obama frequently had quarters above 3 percent
He was given a GDP of minus 8
He had quarters, not years, moron.

iu
The "never had a year above 3 percent" is an arbitrary measurement used in conservative propaganda not by economists

Many presidents have had years above 3 percent followed by years of negative growth ( think Bush). Doesn't mean they had strong economies

Obama had steady, if unspectacular growth over eight years. Let's hope Trump does not screw it up
His GDP growth rate was the lowest of any president.
No it wasn't
iu

Nice chart when you fail to mention The Great Obama took office on the verge of a Depression.....a challenge none of the others had
You also neglect FDR and Hoover in your chart

He already has.

iu
Quite a stretch......Notice you blame The Great Obama for that negative 8 GDP

Saved us from a Depression

He had quarters, not years, moron.

iu
The "never had a year above 3 percent" is an arbitrary measurement used in conservative propaganda not by economists

Many presidents have had years above 3 percent followed by years of negative growth ( think Bush). Doesn't mean they had strong economies

Obama had steady, if unspectacular growth over eight years. Let's hope Trump does not screw it up
No it wasn't
iu

Nice chart when you fail to mention The Great Obama took office on the verge of a Depression.....a challenge none of the others had

The economy was already on the rebound when Obama took office. I just posted the evidence.

The chart covers postwar presidents, not all presidents.

Don't really care who you give credit for 3 point more or less growth, what I see is that the super rich own & control more & more of everything, while the majority of the population is treading water or slipping back.

He already has.

iu

REBOUND to where?

Obama's expansionary policies created significant growth in second half 2009 through 2014 and this rebound would not be anywhere as good without them.

We also didn't have a double dip and Obama was the first president in a very long time to not hand off a recessionary economy to his successor.

We went to 9% on a quarterly basis under Reagan, and I believe he had over 5% on a yearly bases one year.
The Reagan MYTH keeps growing with each telling. St Ronnie averaged 3.5% yearly GDP growth, well behind Johnson 5.3%, Kennedy 4.3%, and Clinton 3.9%.

Make sure that you give back your tax breaks to the government, because if you spend any of it, you will help President Trumps economy ROAR along like a Ferrari. And like good commies that you are, you sure as hell don't want President Trump to look that good, right?

Somehow, i don't think the $18.00 a week most Americans will get back will make that much of a difference.

He already has.

iu
Quite a stretch......Notice you blame The Great Obama for that negative 8 GDP

Saved us from a Depression

No it wasn't
iu

The economy was already on the rebound when Obama took office. I just posted the evidence.

The chart covers postwar presidents, not all presidents.

We went to 9% on a quarterly basis under Reagan, and I believe he had over 5% on a yearly bases one year.
The Reagan MYTH keeps growing with each telling. St Ronnie averaged 3.5% yearly GDP growth, well behind Johnson 5.3%, Kennedy 4.3%, and Clinton 3.9%.

The thing is------->Obama handed Trump an economy bumping along in 2016 of 1.6%. Obama had put in his crap for the 1st quarter of 2017. It took a while for Trump to DUMP the Obama economy, and now we are good!

Trump is NOT going to hit 5, 6, or 7%, and if he does, it would probably NOT be good for the economy in the long run. But, if his policies keep unemployment low, while causing business investment, while corporations bring money back, AND we can do between 3 and 4%, we are in the sweet spot!

Here is a problem though-----------> labor intensive jobs will grow for a while, but then begin to shrink as factories become more automated. We can NOT have uneducated people infiltrate our country, and put competition on Americans that are going to need those jobs. You can already see the future with Amazon, auto assembly plants, etc. The strictest competition for work in even the forseeable future, is going to be for labor intensive jobs. We MUST keep those jobs for our people without higher education, or we will create a welfare class of people, with no hope for the future!

The economy grew at a 2.6 percent rate to end 2017, the Department of Commerce reported...For all of 2017, GDP growth was 2.3 percent

Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaaa. Just tooo fucking funny about you libtards, you just cant win....

What does that have to do with the reduction in job growth?

He already has.

iu

REBOUND to where?

Obama's expansionary policies created significant growth in second half 2009 through 2014 and this rebound would not be anywhere as good without them.

We also didn't have a double dip and Obama was the first president in a very long time to not hand off a recessionary economy to his successor.

Look at the chart, dumbass. Government spending never caused the economy to grow, and it never will.

Oh yeah anyone can see we're just barely sputtering along. Jeez you guys, come up for some fresh air every once in awhile.

That isn't "well behind Clinton," and his performance was purely the result of the low tax rates Reagan setup, and the peace dividend that allowed him to slash military spending. He can also thank Reagan for that.

Democrats make the economy grow by getting us into wars.

Just as I don't blame Obama for the awful numbers during the first 3 quarters of 2009, I'm not tossing Trump under the bus for the overall unimpressive 2.3% growth in 2017. Until October 1, 2017 the government operated under a budget set by the previous congress and administration.

But yes the 2.6% fourth quarter growth figure isn't so hot. Especially compared to the fourth quarter 2009 figure of 3.9%.

That isn't "well behind Clinton," and his performance was purely the result of the low tax rates Reagan setup, and the peace dividend that allowed him to slash military spending. He can also thank Reagan for that.

Actually Bush I raised tax rates so any "low tax rates" that were left after Reagan raised tax rates on almost everything were long gone by the time Clinton became president.
And St Ronnie was bedridden and drooling on himself when the wall came down.

you know, now that you posted this, I really feel stupid for voting for Trump
you, obviously are the smarter person--you foresaw what would happen

We know you are lying. Trump supporters are just too stupid to realize just how stupid they really are

Actually Bush I raised tax rates so any "low tax rates" that were left after Reagan raised tax rates on almost everything were long gone by the time Clinton became president.
And St Ronnie was bedridden and drooling on himself when the wall came down.

The top marginal rate was 70% when Reagan got elected, numbnuts. What is it now?

Your personal attacks on Reagan only make you look like a meanspirited imbecile.

Forum List

Back