Trump bragged that his tower withstood a fire — silent about lack of sprinklers

one would hope that high rises that cant be reached by fire department ladders should have sprinkler systems...

Why? They have internal piping systems for the firefighters to use. Why do they need a ladder?
Have you ever tried to climb 120 floors with a 200lb equip load? Dumbass.

Ever climb a ladder with 200 lb equipment?

I know how much the gear weighs? Do you?

A roll of hose and a nozzle doesn't weigh 200 lbs, and that is why they have elevators, dumbass!

Look at one the next time you go in an elevator. There are controls specifically for the firefighters to use.
Yup..sure are--of course--often in emergency situations..one cannot use the elevator. Lol@hose and reel.

What's It Weigh?
 Firefighter gear, piece by piece

So...70lbs---in PPE...how much does hose and reel weigh? How emergent is a rescue? Need a ladder to get someone down quickly?

Reel? I never said reel. Go back to school and learn to read, dumbass!

OK Internet warrior. Do you know what a stand pipe is without Google?

Have you ever been a trained firefighter? Have you ever fought an actual fire?

Why don't you just shut the fuck up until you have?

Those sprinklers in the World Trade Center worked really well, didn't they?

I hate morons like you with a passion. All you ever accomplish is spreading your own stupidity to others. You are an anti-teacher. Go play in traffic!

I think that's you reading things into the OP that weren't there.

Meh, my bad then. I didn't realize you all agree that Trump is not responsible for the death.
Of course, Trump isn't responsible. Nor is he culpable. But he could have reduced some of the factors...that he did not...speaks to who he is...and what, we, his people, should expect of him.

Perhaps it's justice..a selfish, shallow people..get a selfish, shallow President.

It's his lack of empathy that may yet get us in real trouble. He has not even expressed his condolences for the man who died in his building..you know..Trump Tower?

I don't think any of us are real to him....

You know this how?
As of the printing/posting of the article..Trump had not expressed any public condolence via his usual medium..the Tweet...although he was tweeting most of the time.

I assumed you had read the article before commenting. Of course, he could have expressed condolences privately--and you can chose to believe that, I guess.

I'm one of a kind, bitch; unlike the droves of partisan hacks that populate this forum. The facts are that an old man died in a building fire. Trying to blame it on Trump is weak as fuck. You don't even know that sprinklers would have saved him. I'm not a Trump supporter. I just have a low tolerance for weak ass bullshit.
Must be hard..having to sneak up in the mirror...with the low tolerance and all. I find you banal..and pretty much the same as all the other cookie cutter assholes who never are able to respond to a post without casting it in their political mold...and ignoring any inconvenient facts..like..Trump fought sprinklers for his building..that's a fact smegma lips...and it speaks to his character..not that most of us need any confirmation as to that!

The sprinklers might have saved him..argue that..idiot.

As for not being a Trump supporter..review your posting record...and try to say THAT with a straight face...Lol!

BTW...those who cut out pieces of posts to respond to them..are intellectually dishonest...and define the term hacks.

Then he should have rented a newer apartment that had sprinklers installed, dumbass!

There are no "rentals" in Trump Tower. They're all condos.

Apparently Brassner was desperately trying to sell his condo since the election, but no one wanted to buy it.

Why is this even relevant?

Because you're a raging fuckwit that thinks the dead guy was "renting" in Trump Tower, and could have just moved - thereby attempting to put the blame for this man's death on his own head.

Is that any more stupid than blaming Trump?

If it was his condo, he would be responsible for the entire cost of installing the sprinklers. Therefore it is not Trump's problem.

Meh, my bad then. I didn't realize you all agree that Trump is not responsible for the death.
Of course, Trump isn't responsible. Nor is he culpable. But he could have reduced some of the factors...that he did not...speaks to who he is...and what, we, his people, should expect of him.

Perhaps it's justice..a selfish, shallow people..get a selfish, shallow President.

It's his lack of empathy that may yet get us in real trouble. He has not even expressed his condolences for the man who died in his building..you know..Trump Tower?

You know this how?
As of the printing/posting of the article..Trump had not expressed any public condolence via his usual medium..the Tweet...although he was tweeting most of the time.

I assumed you had read the article before commenting. Of course, he could have expressed condolences privately--and you can chose to believe that, I guess.

Absent any other proof, dumbass, why should I go with your stupid TDS scenario?

Tory made a good point. If they were condos they were not owned by Trump. Trump is no more to blame than you or I.

Sorry guys, this balloon just popped.

Isn't there a Russian collusion story that hasn't been beaten to death quite enough?

Must be hard..having to sneak up in the mirror...with the low tolerance and all. I find you banal..and pretty much the same as all the other cookie cutter assholes who never are able to respond to a post without casting it in their political mold...and ignoring any inconvenient facts..like..Trump fought sprinklers for his building..that's a fact smegma lips...and it speaks to his character..not that most of us need any confirmation as to that!

As for not being a Trump supporter..review your posting record...and try to say THAT with a straight face...Lol!

BTW...those who cut out pieces of posts to respond to them..are intellectually dishonest...and define the term hacks.

Then he should have rented a newer apartment that had sprinklers installed, dumbass!

Apparently Brassner was desperately trying to sell his condo since the election, but no one wanted to buy it.

Because you're a raging fuckwit that thinks the dead guy was "renting" in Trump Tower, and could have just moved - thereby attempting to put the blame for this man's death on his own head.

If it was his condo, he would be responsible for the entire cost of installing the sprinklers. Therefore it is not Trump's problem.

:lol:

No, that's not how it works. Owning a condo isn't like owning a freestanding home.

The City of New York tried to pass a law in 1999 (after a number of deaths from fires in apartment buildings) that would have required building owners to install sprinklers in them.

Trump spent millions of dollars legally bribing City Councilmen to get them to vote against it - and after that proved to be impossible, he got them to write a grandfather clause into it that exempted buildings like his.

It's not his?

Tory made a good point. If they were condos they were not owned by Trump. Trump is no more to blame than you or I.

Sorry guys, this balloon just popped.

Isn't there a Russian collusion story that hasn't been beaten to death quite enough?

The building is owned by Trump. The condo properties ends at the paint.

No, that's not how it works. Owning a condo isn't like owning a freestanding home.

The City of New York tried to pass a law in 1999 (after a number of deaths from fires in apartment buildings) that would have required building owners to install sprinklers in them.

Trump spent millions of dollars legally bribing City Councilmen to get them to vote against it - and after that proved to be impossible, he got them to write a grandfather clause into it that exempted buildings like his.

Requiring pre-existing buildings to install massively expensive and disruptive sprinkler systems is waste. Requiring them in newer structures makes sense. Trump and other businesses would be doing nothing wrong is requesting to be grandfathered under that law.

Only an idiot would live in a condo in the first place.

Nope.

Sorry that is how it works. Unless otherwise stated, all plumbing is the responsibility of the condo owner.

What do you really own when buying a condo/town home? - Trulia Voices

One more thing, the plumbing is usually the owner's responsibility to maintain, even though it's beyond the drywall.

Fire Sprinkler Retrofitting Requirements: Do They Apply To My Building? - FCAP

If the law requires it, the building owner has to pay for it. But if the law does not, the condo owner is responsible for all costs of installing a sprinkler system in their condo if they want it.

Trump tower was exempt. Trump is off the hook.

Last edited:

Requiring pre-existing buildings to install massively expensive and disruptive sprinkler systems is waste. Requiring them in newer structures makes sense. Trump and other businesses would be doing nothing wrong is requesting to be grandfathered under that law.

I'm glad to see that you're on the side of the little guy.

If only government controlled everything then no one would ever die! They would pass laws covering every possible contingency

one would hope that high rises that cant be reached by fire department ladders should have sprinkler systems...

Why? They have internal piping systems for the firefighters to use. Why do they need a ladder?
Have you ever tried to climb 120 floors with a 200lb equip load? Dumbass.

Ever climb a ladder with 200 lb equipment?

I know how much the gear weighs? Do you?

A roll of hose and a nozzle doesn't weigh 200 lbs, and that is why they have elevators, dumbass!

Look at one the next time you go in an elevator. There are controls specifically for the firefighters to use.
Yup..sure are--of course--often in emergency situations..one cannot use the elevator. Lol@hose and reel.

What's It Weigh?
 Firefighter gear, piece by piece

So...70lbs---in PPE...how much does hose and reel weigh? How emergent is a rescue? Need a ladder to get someone down quickly?

Reel? I never said reel. Go back to school and learn to read, dumbass!

OK Internet warrior. Do you know what a stand pipe is without Google?

Have you ever been a trained firefighter? Have you ever fought an actual fire?

Why don't you just shut the fuck up until you have?

Those sprinklers in the World Trade Center worked really well, didn't they?

I hate morons like you with a passion. All you ever accomplish is spreading your own stupidity to others. You are an anti-teacher. Go play in traffic!
***chuckles***

I always like chatting with you..you do amuse.

So...you're upset at reel? I've heard tell that people carry hoses on them. Fire and Rescue Reels | Hannay Reels Official Site

Yes, I know what a stand-pipe is..as do most people, I suspect. I was in Minesweeps in the Navy..we all went to firefighter school on Treasure Island. Wooden ships, remember? Yes, I've fought a fire...scary.

How, exactly, do you draw a parallel between The World Trade Center and Trump's building? Because sprinklers did not save a building after it was hit by a jet--this means that a single condo would not have been helped by some sprinklers?

Not one of your better efforts Ensign.

Trump is a cheap bastard that cares nothing for others...I'm not outraged...because this is exactly what I expect from him.That does not make me a leftist..that makes me a realist.

How many high rise buildings in New York City have no sprinkler system?

Nope.

Sorry that is how it works. Unless otherwise stated, all plumbing is the responsibility of the condo owner.

What do you really own when buying a condo/town home? - Trulia Voices

Sprinkler systems aren't "plumbing". They're universally considered part of the "common areas" of the building, and the responsibility of either the condo association, or the owner of the building.

You know this how?

Absent any other proof, dumbass, why should I go with your stupid TDS scenario?
I should care? If it matters to you....investigate. Most of these things are fact though--and they're not going to change--I have to believe that you really don't care...you've swilled the Kool-aid----enjoy the ride.

Sprinkler systems aren't "plumbing". They're universally considered part of the "common areas" of the building, and the responsibility of either the condo association, or the owner of the building.

Of course they're plumbing, what are they, electrical? LOL

It's ONLY the responsibility of the building owner if the law requires them.

If not, the condo owner is responsible for all costs.

Forum List

Back