Trump: Bush lied about reason for invading Iraq

You can't argue that when Trump says he's working for us, he really means it. No other Republican would have the balls to call out W and the horrendous mistake of Iraq. That right there proves to me that he's working for us the American people...no one else.

Not to mention he called out all the GOP special interest groups and donors in the audience. The morons were applauding when Rubio and Bush were supporting amnesty :lmao:
It concerns me that in week one of Trump he was talking about how the Saudis make so much money but don't contribute to our cost of defending them.

Then he stopped. Cold.

You can't argue that when Trump says he's working for us, he really means it. No other Republican would have the balls to call out W and the horrendous mistake of Iraq. That right there proves to me that he's working for us the American people...no one else.

Not to mention he called out all the GOP special interest groups and donors in the audience. The morons were applauding when Rubio and Bush were supporting amnesty :lmao:
It concerns me that in week one of Trump he was talking about how the Saudis make so much money but don't contribute to our cost of defending them.

Then he stopped. Cold.
He still talks about that but mostly at his rallies.....point taken though.

Take a look at what haliburtons stock did during and after the war. Take alook.
Odd that their former employee was VP as well :eusa_think:
Who, in the mid-1990s, made a $50 million deal with Saddam for oil services.

So, Cheney went from calling Saddam a murderous tyrant who needed to go, to making million dollar deals with him, to calling Saddam a murderous tyrant who needed to go.

I don't know. It is your fantasy. Why don't you provide some back up for your wet dreams?
The only thing wet is the oil, dumbass.

Conflict of interest: Haliburton

A wealth of info in these links:

Archived Articles

Well, you just proved you cannot read. Where does your first source say anything about a $50 million dollar deal with Saddam?

By the way, that is a nice political hit piece written by some college computer science prof. I guess you failed to read that part too! I know that when I was in college I always trusted my engineering profs to give me help in my political science classes. It's all the same thing, right?

From Wiki:

Former Iraqi general Georges Sada claimed that in late 2002, Saddam had ordered all of his stockpiles to be moved to Syria. He appeared on Fox News' Hannity & Colmes in January 2006 to discuss his book, Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied and Survived Saddam Hussein. Anticipating the arrival of weapon inspectors on November 1, Sada said Saddam took advantage of the June 4 Zeyzoun Dam disaster in Syria by forming an "air bridge", loading them onto cargo aircraft and flying them out of the country.

They were moved by air and by ground, 56 sorties by jumbo, 747, and 27 were moved, after they were converted to cargo aircraft, they were moved to Syria.[15]

In January 2004, Nizar Nayuf, a Syrian journalist who moved to Western Europe, said in a letter to the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he knows the three sites where Iraq's weapons of mass destruction are kept inside Syria. According to Nayuf's witness, described as a senior source inside Syrian military intelligence he had known for two years,[16] Iraq's WMD are in tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria, in the village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp, and in the city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city. Nayouf also wrote that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein's Iraqi Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assef Shawkat, Bashar Assad's cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.[17] U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice responded to this accusation by saying "I don't think we are at the point that we can make a judgment on this issue.

TrumpWinsSCDebate_zpsee3goqz4.jpg

Why do you people insist on posting this garbage? If straw polls and internet polls were accurate, President Ron Paul would be sitting in the White House enjoying his third term right now!
Here a classic FoxNews poll, where they actually declared someone other than Paul the winner.
4i6Ckte.gif

ronpauldebate-1.jpg

Paul sure likes like the winner with 33% in that graphic to me. Are you sure you don't need to see his son Rand for an eye checkup?
Yes! I agree he won. But Fox ignored their own graphic and declared Huckaminijad the winner. That's why I saved the graphic.
4i6Ckte.gif

Actually, he said, "They lied"

Dunno if anyone lied. Do know, many used false info to make a point. Whether they knew it to be false at the time, is not known.

However, chemical weapons were found in Iraq.
Cheney definitely lied when he said unequivocally that Atta had met with Iraqi government officials in Germany. Also:

Vice President Dick Cheney had told Meet the Press on December 9, 2001, that Iraq was harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin, a suspect in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing,[14] and repeated the statement in another appearance on September 14, 2003, saying "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaida that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaida sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaida organization. We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we’ve learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."[15] and once again in an interview with National Public Radio in January, 2004, stating that there had been "overwhelming evidence" of a relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda based on evidence including Iraq's purported harboring of Yasin.[16]

In the same Meet the Press interviews, Cheney implied a connection between Iraq and Mohamed Atta; "The Czech interior minister said today that an Iraqi intelligence officer met with Mohammed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the United States, just five months before the synchronized hijackings and mass killings were carried out."[14] and "With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop any more of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know."[15] Czech officials have since backed off of this claim, and even Cheney has since acknowledged that the notion "that the meeting ever took place" has been "pretty well knocked down now."[17] (See Mohamed Atta's alleged Prague connection.)
Another lie:
And for any analysts unclear on what the administration wanted to hear, Vice President Dick Cheney, whom several Bush officials told me was not as smart as the president, made sure they got the message on August 26, 2002, when he delivered a public speech that had not been vetted by the White House or cleared by Bush. “There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,’’ he said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

The clear message to the worker bees at the CIA: The White House knew Saddam had the weapons. Disagree at peril to your career.​

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/dick-cheneys-biggest-lie-333097.html

Let me educate you and maybe you will not be such a liberal hack!

If I tell you that Michelle Obama is really a transgender man and that the Obama kids are adopted, I would be lying. Now, you being a gullible liberal swallow that lie, hook, line and sinker, and then proceed to act on that lie by repeating it, would you be a liar or simply someone who was led astray by a very convincing argument that I made?

If you consider yourself to be a liar, through no fault of your own, then you would be consistent in calling Cheney a liar. The intelligence he received was that information was true.

If you don't consider yourself a liar, how can you hold someone else accountable for acting on bad intelligence information?
Because multiple sources have stated that Cheney did not act on bad intelligence. He had a conclusion then only wanted to hear/see intel that fit that conclusion.

Multiple sources?

Why do you make yourself out to be such a joke?

If you have sources, post them! Give us a good laugh as we easily dismiss your inability to reason, research and read, all at the same time!
The second link has multiple articles that talk about Halliburton's contracts with Iraq, Iran, and a bunch of other countries we had sanctions against.

I dug up the links for you - I can't read them and comprehend them for you, also.

Why do you people insist on posting this garbage? If straw polls and internet polls were accurate, President Ron Paul would be sitting in the White House enjoying his third term right now!
Here a classic FoxNews poll, where they actually declared someone other than Paul the winner.
4i6Ckte.gif

ronpauldebate-1.jpg

Paul sure likes like the winner with 33% in that graphic to me. Are you sure you don't need to see his son Rand for an eye checkup?
Yes! I agree he won. But Fox ignored their own graphic and declared Huckaminijad the winner. That's why I saved the graphic.
4i6Ckte.gif

So, you admit that Fox News is smart enough to realize that their own internet poll is absolute bullshit?

Actually, he said, "They lied"

Dunno if anyone lied. Do know, many used false info to make a point. Whether they knew it to be false at the time, is not known.

However, chemical weapons were found in Iraq.
Cheney definitely lied when he said unequivocally that Atta had met with Iraqi government officials in Germany. Also:

Vice President Dick Cheney had told Meet the Press on December 9, 2001, that Iraq was harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin, a suspect in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing,[14] and repeated the statement in another appearance on September 14, 2003, saying "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaida that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaida sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaida organization. We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we’ve learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."[15] and once again in an interview with National Public Radio in January, 2004, stating that there had been "overwhelming evidence" of a relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda based on evidence including Iraq's purported harboring of Yasin.[16]

In the same Meet the Press interviews, Cheney implied a connection between Iraq and Mohamed Atta; "The Czech interior minister said today that an Iraqi intelligence officer met with Mohammed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the United States, just five months before the synchronized hijackings and mass killings were carried out."[14] and "With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop any more of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know."[15] Czech officials have since backed off of this claim, and even Cheney has since acknowledged that the notion "that the meeting ever took place" has been "pretty well knocked down now."[17] (See Mohamed Atta's alleged Prague connection.)
Another lie:
And for any analysts unclear on what the administration wanted to hear, Vice President Dick Cheney, whom several Bush officials told me was not as smart as the president, made sure they got the message on August 26, 2002, when he delivered a public speech that had not been vetted by the White House or cleared by Bush. “There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,’’ he said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

The clear message to the worker bees at the CIA: The White House knew Saddam had the weapons. Disagree at peril to your career.​

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/dick-cheneys-biggest-lie-333097.html

Let me educate you and maybe you will not be such a liberal hack!

If I tell you that Michelle Obama is really a transgender man and that the Obama kids are adopted, I would be lying. Now, you being a gullible liberal swallow that lie, hook, line and sinker, and then proceed to act on that lie by repeating it, would you be a liar or simply someone who was led astray by a very convincing argument that I made?

If you consider yourself to be a liar, through no fault of your own, then you would be consistent in calling Cheney a liar. The intelligence he received was that information was true.

If you don't consider yourself a liar, how can you hold someone else accountable for acting on bad intelligence information?
Because multiple sources have stated that Cheney did not act on bad intelligence. He had a conclusion then only wanted to hear/see intel that fit that conclusion.

Multiple sources?

Why do you make yourself out to be such a joke?

If you have sources, post them! Give us a good laugh as we easily dismiss your inability to reason, research and read, all at the same time!
The second link has multiple articles that talk about Halliburton's contracts with Iraq, Iran, and a bunch of other countries we had sanctions against.

I dug up the links for you - I can't read them and comprehend them for you, also.

No. You threw some shit together and i nailed you on it.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Provide a link to back up what you claimed, and check the source, or the next thing I know is that you will be telling me your boyfriend is a French model!

Then he stopped. Cold.
He still talks about that but mostly at his rallies.....point taken though.
It makes me think that he's not totally immune from pressure, especially if it's from his buddies who make money off of it, or could threaten his interests.

It's one of the dangers of a Trump.

Well, you just proved you cannot read. Where does your first source say anything about a $50 million dollar deal with Saddam?
I guess you can't read:

Cheney is asked whether Halliburton or its subsidiaries were trying to do business with Iraq. He says no; he had a firm policy that they wouldn't do anything in Iraq, even if it was legal. This was a blatant lie: subsidiaries sold over $73 million in oil-production parts to Iraq.

$73 million is even worse than $50 million.

4i6Ckte.gif

ronpauldebate-1.jpg

4i6Ckte.gif

So, you admit that Fox News is smart enough to realize that their own internet poll is absolute bullshit?
No, FoxNews hated Ron Paul.

I was on Hannity's forum at the time and the Paulettes were spitting bullets over this, which was a poll over who had won the debate they had just moderated on Fox. Many people were banned/timed out for criticizing Hannity over this, too.
4i6Ckte.gif

Rape rooms! OMG!!!!

I guess we can take that as your vote in favor of them?
It's not a reason to invade a country, but the Bushies sure whipped that one around for a while when their "intel" was falling apart, in December 2002, and Hans Blix was contradicting them.

Hans Blix? Now there is one unqualified POS! A Swedish lawyer is always someone who should be tasked with investigating complex weapons of mass destruction. He could have tripped and fallen over a nuclear weapon and not known what it was. He probably thought "yellowcake" was something to have for dessert!

I guess you can't read:

Cheney is asked whether Halliburton or its subsidiaries were trying to do business with Iraq. He says no; he had a firm policy that they wouldn't do anything in Iraq, even if it was legal. This was a blatant lie: subsidiaries sold over $73 million in oil-production parts to Iraq.

$73 million is even worse than $50 million.

Again, you failed to link the source!

Is it pathological with you, just like Bill and Hillary's tendency to lie when the truth harms no one?

Rape rooms! OMG!!!!

It's not a reason to invade a country, but the Bushies sure whipped that one around for a while when their "intel" was falling apart, in December 2002, and Hans Blix was contradicting them.

Hans Blix? Now there is one unqualified POS! A Swedish lawyer is always someone who should be tasked with investigating complex weapons of mass destruction. He could have tripped and fallen over a nuclear weapon and not known what it was. He probably thought "yellowcake" was something to have for dessert!

Blix was right in his assessment, Bush was wrong
Bush knew his charade would come to an end if Blix had more time. He invaded before Blix could prove him wrong

I just want to say this :
If Bush lied, so did bill Clinton and hundreds of other people. Lets not forget CLinton bombed the shit out of them in the late 90s because they wouldn't cooperate with UN weapon inspectors. Bush had information given to him..
We shouldn't forget that history didn't start in 2000 and there were talks of war since after the Gulf War. Revisionism helps no one.
Also, saying 9-11 was the Presidents fault is partisan bullshit.
Do you have any idea how many threats our govt get a DAY? If they went after every threat, we wouldn't be able to go to work without letting big brother know.
How much freedom are you willing to trade for a false sense of security?
Clinton was satisfied with using sanctions and no fly zones to contain Saddam for eight years...it worked

Only Bush was dumb enough to invade. Even his father knew better
Here hack boy
Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike - December 16, 1998
Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.
Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.
Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.
I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.
Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraq's capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild that capability.
---
Rest at link. Not like you give a fuck..
A missile strike is different from an invasion and occupation, dumbass.
you'll have to forgive TNHarley because he's a snot-nosed kid intellectually

As to the OP, its settled. Only die hard hacks defend vietraq given the facts

Rape rooms! OMG!!!!

As head of the IAEA for 16 years, he was probably the most qualified person to do the job.

President Bush didn't just lie about WMD and the threat Iraq posed to the West, his whole administration and the administration of British PM Blair lied in a spectacular fashion.

4i6Ckte.gif

ronpauldebate-1.jpg

4i6Ckte.gif

No, FoxNews hated Ron Paul.

I was on Hannity's forum at the time and the Paulettes were spitting bullets over this, which was a poll over who had won the debate they had just moderated on Fox. Many people were banned/timed out for criticizing Hannity over this, too.
4i6Ckte.gif

Yeah, you sound like one of the those that doesn't understand why polls like that are worthless.

Rape rooms! OMG!!!!

As head of the IAEA for 16 years, he was probably the most qualified person to do the job.

President Bush didn't just lie about WMD and the threat Iraq posed to the West, his whole administration and the administration of British PM Blair lied in a spectacular fashion.

I am sure they talked a great deal about nuclear weapons in law school. I mean, it is a natural subject for discussion. You do know the difference in a nuclear reactor used for power and a nuclear weapon, right?

Forum List

Back