🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

trump calls off Taliban negotiations

There was disagreement in Obama's admin as to stay or go. The Taliban live there only because we chose not to kill them with drones. We killed them because they helped attack us. I think one can make the argument that allowing girls and women to learn to read the Koran and get medical care facilitates a notion that attacking the US because we don't share their values on social law furthers our goal on not having another 9-11

We drone them because our leaders are big pussies not willing to take the flak the deaths a full scale invasion would cause.

We still would not "win" as there is nothing to win.
We never had an issue with the Afghan people, or their way of life. The fucking Taliban killed 3000 people in NYC. We should have droned the Taliban long before President Obama finally ordered it.

The Taliban did not. The people we trained and armed did. They quickly left Afghanistan......we stayed.

Correct.
The people responsible for the WTC attack on 9/11 were all Arabs or Saudi, and none of them were Afghans or Taliban.
The Arabs all left Afghanistan and are likely in Iraq, Syria, Libya, or someplace else now.
There is absolutely no reason at all for any US troops to ever have gone to Afghanistan, and it was always illegal.
The Taliban had bin laden and wouldn't give them to us. That is an act of war. And they were killed. There is a new generation of Taliban.

You know, if it wasn't so pathetic, it would actually be funny.

And, the really bad thing about this whole fiasco is that it was self inflicted by Trump. The negotiations had been going on for the past 9 months, and very few people knew about them. Then, when Trump decided to not meet with them, he had to tweet about it. Probably wanted credit for trying I guess. But, to paraphrase Trump, I like presidents who can actually get something done.

And, just out of curiosity, who thought it was a good idea to bring the Taliban to Camp David? Doesn't he realize that those terrorists would be scoping out and casing the joint to see if it would be possible to attack?

What the Hell are you talking about- whose god -you? You are a wise ass-how about caring about American soldiers-you anti-American libs are all the same whine and dodge service

20 years the the Marines little boy, when and for how long did you serve?

I care about American service members, which is why I want Trump to get them the hell out of there and to quit trying to negotiate with a group even more dishonest than he is.

20 years in USAF, here.

There are only two ways to end it. One is to withdraw and let the civil war work it's own way out. The other way is to win. And to win, we go in and win with a large force and treat them like they are ISIS, which they really are. You wipe them out with an overpowering force and chase them until they are gone. That was the original idea until it was sidelined by Iraq.
If you could make the call, which would it be?

It's not my call. But if it were, we broke it, we need to fix it. And the way to fix it is to get rid of the Taliban completely. And if that means forcing Pakistan into doing the same then so be it. And do it with enough man power and force to get it done fast enough that the Taliban has no time to scurry. We have the power to take them out if they try and hide in caves, tunnels, etc.. And yes, it's going to have a lot of collateral damage. But no more than is already happening. After they are gone, then we can work to get a viable government set up. But stay there in force until one is up and running. Treat them like ISIS which they really are anyway.

What the Hell are you talking about- whose god -you? You are a wise ass-how about caring about American soldiers-you anti-American libs are all the same whine and dodge service

I care about American service members, which is why I want Trump to get them the hell out of there and to quit trying to negotiate with a group even more dishonest than he is.

20 years in USAF, here.

There are only two ways to end it. One is to withdraw and let the civil war work it's own way out. The other way is to win. And to win, we go in and win with a large force and treat them like they are ISIS, which they really are. You wipe them out with an overpowering force and chase them until they are gone. That was the original idea until it was sidelined by Iraq.

It's not my call. But if it were, we broke it, we need to fix it. And the way to fix it is to get rid of the Taliban completely. And if that means forcing Pakistan into doing the same then so be it. And do it with enough man power and force to get it done fast enough that the Taliban has no time to scurry. We have the power to take them out if they try and hide in caves, tunnels, etc.. And yes, it's going to have a lot of collateral damage. But no more than is already happening. After they are gone, then we can work to get a viable government set up. But stay there in force until one is up and running. Treat them like ISIS which they really are anyway.
If we did withdraw, would it come back to bite us?

20 years in USAF, here.

If we did withdraw, would it come back to bite us?

In what way?

The baggage Hillary Clinton had was that Republicans attacked her and her husband and her family for 30 years.
She was first lady and the only real scandal was her husband lying about getting a blowjob. All the other scandals the Republicans tried to create we’re all busts.
She was a US senator and managed to get first responders healthcare after Republicans blocked it for 10 years. She was Secretary of State and went around the world Working to stop wars and stop conflicts before they began.
The Clinton foundation is respected all over the world. No matter how Republicans tried to trash it. And the press played along beautifully. And it was only a single guy that actually investigated the Trump foundation which turned out to be a criminal scam.
This is why we need somebody new to run for the Democrats. Someone the Republicans haven’t had 30 years to trash.
Tell the truth about Republicans and they scream “not fair“. And yet Republicans lie constantly. So is it any surprise that they elected the biggest liar in the world?

Did you type that whole thing with a straight face?

I ask because no one could read it without falling down laughing.

Snoopy-S.gif

I judge a man by his words. Yours say Colonialism....We need to get out....but not by cutting a deal with the murdering Taliban while the Afghan government is not even at the table.

Smacks of Colonialism.....

Are you that gullible or do you pretend to be that gullible?

Personally, I don't give a rat's behind what someone says I pay attention to what they do!

President Donald Trump is doing great things for our country! But, you know that it's what makes act out.

Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing

That great deal maker FAILS AGAIN!

The best negotiator in the world can't get a deal with someone who doesn't want to deal.

Even a moron like you should know that.

But a Moron like trump didn't know?

Trump tried, which is more than anybody else did.

No he didn't. He said he called them off. That's not trying. Not that he could do anything anyway.

The simple fact is trump tried to initiate a peace deal. Your ass hats didn't.

Live with it.

Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing

The best negotiator in the world can't get a deal with someone who doesn't want to deal.

Should he get a nice participation trophy for trying?

Nope. Those are for losers, like you.

Yet here you are giving Trump a virtual blow job for "at least trying". :21::21::21::21:

Yet here you are giving Trump a virtual blow job for "at least trying". :21::21::21::21:

Wrong, as usual mr progressive. I merely stated a fact, trump tried when no one else did.

You can't deny the fact so you engage in personal attacks because you're a loser.

You know, there is something that bothers me a bit about the cancellation of the talks.

Trump said he cancelled the talks because of a suicide bomber attack that killed one of our servicemen. And, he tried to make it sound like because the military person died in an attack done by the Taliban, he wasn't going to talk to them.

Only trouble is, Trump has been in negotiations for the past 9 months, which would put the negotiations start at the beginning of the year.

16 service members have died in Afghanistan since the beginning of this year. My question is, why did Trump have to wait until 16 people were killed before stopping the talks? Why didn't he stop them when the other service members were killed, presumably by Taliban soldiers.

I was puzzled by Pompeo saying we'd killed a thousand Taliban in the days leading up to the peace conference. Did they not expect a reaction from the cavemen? Curious nobody has picked up on this....maybe Pompeo was wrong about what he said. Maybe the military-industrial complex has no intention of leaving that theatre and sabotaged the talks. The Chinese are mining the shit out of that country and their influence is growing....the Taliban doesn't attack them.....maybe they're paying more than we are. They won't abide by any peace treaty anyway..muslims feel lying to us infidels is an honorable thing. We should pull out with the promise if we see al-Qaida or ISIS forming training camps again, we'll turn their sanctuaries into hell holes with tactical nukes.

You know, there is something that bothers me a bit about the cancellation of the talks.

Trump said he cancelled the talks because of a suicide bomber attack that killed one of our servicemen. And, he tried to make it sound like because the military person died in an attack done by the Taliban, he wasn't going to talk to them.

Only trouble is, Trump has been in negotiations for the past 9 months, which would put the negotiations start at the beginning of the year.

16 service members have died in Afghanistan since the beginning of this year. My question is, why did Trump have to wait until 16 people were killed before stopping the talks? Why didn't he stop them when the other service members were killed, presumably by Taliban soldiers.
Because he wants a way out of Afghanistan.

Right, because Obama did such a great job of destroying the Taliban, right?

The ancient Romans, as vicious and brutal as they could be, were willing to negotiate with enemy nations, and even with barbarian tribes, that had killed hundreds or even thousands of Roman soldiers.

Right, because Obama did such a great job of destroying the Taliban, right?

The ancient Romans, as vicious and brutal as they could be, were willing to negotiate with enemy nations, and even with barbarian tribes, that had killed hundreds or even thousands of Roman soldiers.

Thank you for once again highlighting how alike Trump and Obama are.

There was disagreement in Obama's admin as to stay or go. The Taliban live there only because we chose not to kill them with drones. We killed them because they helped attack us. I think one can make the argument that allowing girls and women to learn to read the Koran and get medical care facilitates a notion that attacking the US because we don't share their values on social law furthers our goal on not having another 9-11

We drone them because our leaders are big pussies not willing to take the flak the deaths a full scale invasion would cause.

We never had an issue with the Afghan people, or their way of life. The fucking Taliban killed 3000 people in NYC. We should have droned the Taliban long before President Obama finally ordered it.

The Taliban did not. The people we trained and armed did. They quickly left Afghanistan......we stayed.

Correct.
The people responsible for the WTC attack on 9/11 were all Arabs or Saudi, and none of them were Afghans or Taliban.
The Arabs all left Afghanistan and are likely in Iraq, Syria, Libya, or someplace else now.
There is absolutely no reason at all for any US troops to ever have gone to Afghanistan, and it was always illegal.
The Taliban had bin laden and wouldn't give them to us. That is an act of war. And they were killed. There is a new generation of Taliban.

They did not have him.

No he didn't. He said he called them off. That's not trying. Not that he could do anything anyway.

The simple fact is trump tried to initiate a peace deal. Your ass hats didn't.

Live with it.

Mine? I supported neither Bush or Obama.

Correct.

They did not have him.

Correct, they did not. He was helping them.
WE had him though in Tora Bora, the CIA asked for a few hundred Rangers to seal the backside into Pakistan. Bush refused and instead used a tribal leader from the North. Bin Laden escaped.

Forum List

Back