trump calls off Taliban negotiations

You know, there is something that bothers me a bit about the cancellation of the talks.

Trump said he cancelled the talks because of a suicide bomber attack that killed one of our servicemen. And, he tried to make it sound like because the military person died in an attack done by the Taliban, he wasn't going to talk to them.

Only trouble is, Trump has been in negotiations for the past 9 months, which would put the negotiations start at the beginning of the year.

16 service members have died in Afghanistan since the beginning of this year. My question is, why did Trump have to wait until 16 people were killed before stopping the talks? Why didn't he stop them when the other service members were killed, presumably by Taliban soldiers.
Because he wants a way out of Afghanistan.

That doesn't explain why he kept negotiations going while the first 15 military personnel were killed by Taliban in Afghanistan. Why did he decide that he would cancel them at 16 dead? Didn't the first 15 count?

Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing

That great deal maker FAILS AGAIN!

The best negotiator in the world can't get a deal with someone who doesn't want to deal.

Even a moron like you should know that.

But a Moron like trump didn't know?

Actually Obama tried to negotiate with the Taliban scum in 2912....and trump slammed him for it. I don't have any problem talking to the Taliban....but they should NEVER be allowed on US soil.....NEVER!

Trump tried, which is more than anybody else did.

That doesn't explain why he kept negotiations going while the first 15 military personnel were killed by Taliban in Afghanistan.
Of cpurse it does. What I think you mean is that it does not explain why he halted them after the latest incident. I would agree with that. But, when you understand that trump is attention seeking moron that still hasn't figured out that the presidency should not be run like a reality tv show,it becomes easier to understamd.

Right, because Obama did such a great job of destroying the Taliban, right?

The ancient Romans, as vicious and brutal as they could be, were willing to negotiate with enemy nations, and even with barbarian tribes, that had killed hundreds or even thousands of Roman soldiers.

Thank you for once again highlighting how alike Trump and Obama are.

Thank you for demonstrating what an unthinking drone, you are. The difference between the two is like night and day.

The baggage Hillary Clinton had was that Republicans attacked her and her husband and her family for 30 years.
She was first lady and the only real scandal was her husband lying about getting a blowjob. All the other scandals the Republicans tried to create we’re all busts.
She was a US senator and managed to get first responders healthcare after Republicans blocked it for 10 years. She was Secretary of State and went around the world Working to stop wars and stop conflicts before they began.
The Clinton foundation is respected all over the world. No matter how Republicans tried to trash it. And the press played along beautifully. And it was only a single guy that actually investigated the Trump foundation which turned out to be a criminal scam.
This is why we need somebody new to run for the Democrats. Someone the Republicans haven’t had 30 years to trash.
Tell the truth about Republicans and they scream “not fair“. And yet Republicans lie constantly. So is it any surprise that they elected the biggest liar in the world?

Did you type that whole thing with a straight face?

I ask because no one could read it without falling down laughing.

Snoopy-S.gif
Republicans did not elect Trump-American voters did.

What the Hell are you talking about- whose god -you? You are a wise ass-how about caring about American soldiers-you anti-American libs are all the same whine and dodge service

20 years the the Marines little boy, when and for how long did you serve?

I care about American service members, which is why I want Trump to get them the hell out of there and to quit trying to negotiate with a group even more dishonest than he is.

20 years in USAF, here.

There are only two ways to end it. One is to withdraw and let the civil war work it's own way out. The other way is to win. And to win, we go in and win with a large force and treat them like they are ISIS, which they really are. You wipe them out with an overpowering force and chase them until they are gone. That was the original idea until it was sidelined by Iraq.
If you could make the call, which would it be?

It's not my call. But if it were, we broke it, we need to fix it. And the way to fix it is to get rid of the Taliban completely. And if that means forcing Pakistan into doing the same then so be it. And do it with enough man power and force to get it done fast enough that the Taliban has no time to scurry. We have the power to take them out if they try and hide in caves, tunnels, etc.. And yes, it's going to have a lot of collateral damage. But no more than is already happening. After they are gone, then we can work to get a viable government set up. But stay there in force until one is up and running. Treat them like ISIS which they really are anyway.
If we did withdraw, would it come back to bite us?

Then take option 2.

The ancient Romans, as vicious and brutal as they could be, were willing to negotiate with enemy nations, and even with barbarian tribes, that had killed hundreds or even thousands of Roman soldiers.

Thank you for demonstrating what an unthinking drone, you are. The difference between the two is like night and day.

If that was the case you Trump worshipers would not going BUT OBAMA 1000 times a day.

Every time you point to Obama to excuse the actions of your god you highlight how alike the two are.

If that was the case you Trump worshipers would not going BUT OBAMA 1000 times a day.

Every time you point to Obama to excuse the actions of your god you highlight how alike the two are.

You asshats make these stupid claims and when we point out that obama did it too, and in many instances, worse, you get all whiney. Piss off, dude. If your hero can do it then so can EVERYONE ELSE!

That's how it works in the real world.

You asshats make these stupid claims and when we point out that obama did it too, and in many instances, worse, you get all whiney. Piss off, dude. If your hero can do it then so can EVERYONE ELSE!

Obama is not my hero dumbfuck, I think he is the 2nd worst POTUS ever. Get with the times.

And yes, when you point out that Obama did what Trump is doing...you are highlighting how alike they are.

But you are too fucking stupid to realize it.

Obama is not my hero dumbfuck, I think he is the 2nd worst POTUS ever. Get with the times.

And yes, when you point out that Obama did what Trump is doing...you are highlighting how alike they are.

Yeah, sure, silly boy. They are nothing alike. Obummer violated the COTUS on a regular basis. To date trump has not.

Obummer spied on a political opponent. Trump has not. Obummer fucked over 85 million people to give questionable health insurance to 5 million people. Obummer layered regulation after regulation on the IS business sector driving costs up for all middle class Americans.

You are such a partisan whore it isn't funny.

It takes a complete dipshit, like you, to think trump and your hero, the obummer are alike.

Yeah, sure, silly boy. They are nothing alike. Obummer violated the COTUS on a regular basis. To date trump has not.

Obummer spied on a political opponent. Trump has not. Obummer fucked over 85 million people to give questionable health insurance to 5 million people. Obummer layered regulation after regulation on the IS business sector driving costs up for all middle class Americans.

It takes a complete dipshit, like you, to think trump and your hero, the obummer are alike.

You are the one that keeps doing “BUT OBAMA”, which just highlights how much Trump is like the second worst POTUS ever

I taught we are not supposed to negotiate with terrorists ? What happened ?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I agree with Pres. Obama on Afghanistan. We should have a speedy withdrawal. Why should we keep wasting our money -- rebuild the U.S.!

This guy gotta be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. Thank you internet !!!

You are the one that keeps doing “BUT OBAMA”, which just highlights how much Trump is like the second worst POTUS ever

Address the differences I just laid out for. Only a complete moron could think the two are similar.

Feel free to list the many ways you think trump is like your hero, the obummer.

Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing Trump Says He’s Called Off Negotiations With Taliban After Afghanistan Bombing

What a Trump-hating snowflake ass-clown....

You're the same snowflake who condemned Trump for being a warmonger who would drag us into a war, like Barry did twice, only to call Trump a coward when he called off the Strike on Iran because what we were about to do was disproportional...

You are the same snowflake who condemned Trump for not creating an international incident by refusing to negotiate / talk with Saudi after the Prince and his thug friends brutally murdered a reporter....but now you are the Trump-hating moron condemning Trump for refusing to sit down across from the terrorists who just perpetrated a suicide bombing that killed Americans during these negotiations...

Thank you for demonstrating your hypocrisy and active TDS that prevents you from supporting a President who just told American-murdering terrorists to pound sand rather that meet with them.

Well Bush and Obama did a great job defeating the Taliban in the forgotten war...

Trump can not fail more than they did...
Oh gee what a convenient straw man that shit is lol

Actually, Bush, Jr. started out on the right track and was well on his way to defeating the Taliban. The problem was, he started Iraq and removed badly needed resources from Afghanistan and made it into a secondary war instead of the primary one. Had Iraq not happened, the Taliban would have been soundly defeated. But Afghanistan ended up being handled like another Vietnam in after Iraq started. Obama inherited both of these cluster "Fu...s". During the first few months of Afghanistan, the Taliban were being treated like ISIS is being treated. They were hunted and killed by superior forces. But most of those superior forces were stripped for Iraq.

Now, either we get the hell out and let it go to hell in a hand basket or we hunt the Taliban down like they are ISIS by increasing our forces and let them do their friggin jobs.

Trump tried, which is more than anybody else did.

Wow..

I seem to remember when you guys on the right wing went ABSOLUTELY NUTS when Obama negotiated with the Taliban to secure the release of Sgt. Bergdahl.

Trump goes behind the backs of our allies, schedules a meeting on American Soil the anniversary of 9/11, and you cultists praise him for it.

Forum List

Back