Trump calls on fed to weaken the dollar. Yes, weaken.

Can you imagine how repubs would react if Obama had suggested something so retarded? Hell, you could write an entire book on the double standard of Obama and Trump called “If Obama had done that..”

Trump presses Fed to weaken dollar

Leave it to republicans to blindly defend this shit like anything he does.

We need to export more, and it would boost the travel industry. Having said that we should play by the rules

Whenever one of you far left progressives tries to post about economics it's like a monkey trying to understand quantum physics. A weaker dollar has advantages and disadvantages. It's not always a bad thing for America. Didn't any of you take Economics in college?

Currency manipulation is either OK or it isn't. Does this mean the rest of the world should start enacting tariffs on our goods?

Do you really not know that much of the rest of the world already HAD tariffs on our goods?

We had tariffs on Chinese goods and Trump wants more.

Get back to me when you understand at least the basics of our foreign trade history with China...

We aren't talking history. We are talking Trump hypocrisy..

Typical knee jerk trump dick sucking worship from you. The man can do no wrong I guess

Trump CULT members cannot ever criticize their cult leader and, of course, have given up thinking on their own; the ultra right-wing scum of America will soon get their ass kicked.

Whenever one of you far left progressives tries to post about economics it's like a monkey trying to understand quantum physics. A weaker dollar has advantages and disadvantages. It's not always a bad thing for America. Didn't any of you take Economics in college?

Currency manipulation is either OK or it isn't. Does this mean the rest of the world should start enacting tariffs on our goods?

Do you really not know that much of the rest of the world already HAD tariffs on our goods?

Get back to me when you understand at least the basics of our foreign trade history with China...

You're ATTEMPTING to talk about our trade history with China but it's obvious that you know next to nothing about that subject! Stick to ranting about Trump. You'll still be idiotic...but not monumentally idiotic like you're coming across now!

You're ATTEMPTING to talk about our trade history with China but it's obvious that you know next to nothing about that subject! Stick to ranting about Trump. You'll still be idiotic...but not monumentally idiotic like you're coming across now!

I discuss Trump. You discuss me. Your job is to defend Trump. Can't do that? I understand.

I discuss Trump. You discuss me. Your job is to defend Trump. Can't do that? I understand.

You called Trump a hypocrite on currency manipulation by the Chinese. Care to back that up?

You called Trump a hypocrite on currency manipulation by the Chinese. Care to back that up?

It's already been noted. He complained about China doing it but here he is wanting us to do it again.

What is a Weak Dollar?
A weak dollar refers to a downward price trend in the value of the U.S. dollar relative to other foreign currencies. The most commonly compared currency is the Euro, so if the Euro is rising in price compared to the dollar, the dollar is said to be weakening at that time. Essentially, a weak dollar means that a U.S. dollar can be exchanged for smaller amounts of foreign currency. The effect of this is that goods priced in U.S. dollars, as well as goods produced in non-US countries, become more expensive to U.S. consumers.

Can you imagine how repubs would react if Obama had suggested something so retarded? Hell, you could write an entire book on the double standard of Obama and Trump called “If Obama had done that..”

upload_2019-8-8_19-30-26.png

Paul Krugman: A Weaker Dollar Is in America's Interest

It's already been noted. He complained about China doing it but here he is wanting us to do it again.

How is Trump's stance on China manipulating it's currency in any way hypocritical? Because he's threatening to do to them what they have been doing to us for decades? Bill Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Mitt Romney all accused the Chinese of being currency manipulators. Are THEY hypocrites as well?

View attachment 273458

Paul Krugman: A Weaker Dollar Is in America's Interest

2011. He'd have a different opinion today. His positions change with the president.

How is Trump's stance on China manipulating it's currency in any way hypocritical? Because he's threatening to do to them what they have been doing to us for decades? Bill Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Mitt Romney all accused the Chinese of being currency manipulators. Are THEY hypocrites as well?

We have been doing it for decades so it's hypocritical to condemn another country doing the same.

The fact is, Donald Trump has been very consistent with his criticisms with the way that the Chinese game the system. That hasn't changed from before he was even running for President.

We have been doing it for decades so it's hypocritical to condemn another country doing the same.

You really know nothing about what's been taking place between the US and China...do you?

You really know nothing about what's been taking place between the US and China...do you?

You continue to say this but never point out where I am wrong.

What????????? Obama DID weaken the dollar with massive printings of money! Sheesh! It is just unbelievable how much you don't know.

Back during Obama day's a common discussion was about how troublesome it is that the rates can't be less than zero.

your reaction proves your ignorance
proves you haven't a clue what a weak dollar does
it makes American produced products overseas cheaper there for increasing exports increasing jobs here in America
a weaker dollar also makes vacationing in America cheaper there for attracting more tourist

Forum List

Back