Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

It doesn't take brains and should not be a high paying job. A mail carrier should make $40K. $50K in California and NY.
thats what they make.....and lets see you get out there and deliver a route in pouring rain or a snowstorm bobo....you would have called in sick on those days....its a lot different than sitting on your ass in an office looking out the window....
No harry! Wrong wrong wrong. That’s manual labor. Anyone can do that. That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain. I was a paperboy once. Had to deliver in the rain. That didn’t pay very well. They overpay postal workers because many are veterans.

I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code. Never ending. They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.

You could not take your companies aftermarket department from $50k a month to $300k this month. New record. That’s why I make more than everyone else in my office because like you, they’re staring out the window.

You’re making me more conservative. If you want more money go to ups
Anyone can do that.
i would loved to have seen you down there getting a route ready to carry during election/christmas time bobo.....you would have quit OR if you stick it out.....i bet you would have a new attitude about how easy this job is.....i can guarantee that..
That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain.
base pay right now around 60 thousand a year....and doing it in the rain is one of the reasons for that....
I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code.
wow a couple of weeks in the summer,once again working inside sitting on your ass .....and you have it all figured out.....you are good bobo...
They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.
around 25-30% military....
like you, they’re staring out the window.
got news for you bobo....i am on the outside working,you are sitting on your ass inside looking out that window....
You’re making me more conservative
you have always been conservative bobo.....you aint foolin no one...lol...
If you want more money go to ups
to late for me to do that....they made about 2-3 dollars more per hour than letter carriers, but guess who had better benefits?.....
All the USPS threads are negative and all republicans trashing it. Do you think they value your hard work that a big child could do? It doesn’t take any schooling. They can find people to do that. If I could have went right into a $60k mailman job you bet I could do it. I was an all state wrestler I could have been a marine if I wanted. Wet. Ha
the shit is starting to pile up bobo.....this is were you start losing credibility....
What? I love it when you nerds don’t believe my reality is real. I was metro Detroit powerlifting champ and all state wrestler 1988

thats what they make.....and lets see you get out there and deliver a route in pouring rain or a snowstorm bobo....you would have called in sick on those days....its a lot different than sitting on your ass in an office looking out the window....
No harry! Wrong wrong wrong. That’s manual labor. Anyone can do that. That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain. I was a paperboy once. Had to deliver in the rain. That didn’t pay very well. They overpay postal workers because many are veterans.

I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code. Never ending. They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.

You could not take your companies aftermarket department from $50k a month to $300k this month. New record. That’s why I make more than everyone else in my office because like you, they’re staring out the window.

You’re making me more conservative. If you want more money go to ups
Anyone can do that.
i would loved to have seen you down there getting a route ready to carry during election/christmas time bobo.....you would have quit OR if you stick it out.....i bet you would have a new attitude about how easy this job is.....i can guarantee that..
That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain.
base pay right now around 60 thousand a year....and doing it in the rain is one of the reasons for that....
I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code.
wow a couple of weeks in the summer,once again working inside sitting on your ass .....and you have it all figured out.....you are good bobo...
They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.
around 25-30% military....
like you, they’re staring out the window.
got news for you bobo....i am on the outside working,you are sitting on your ass inside looking out that window....
You’re making me more conservative
you have always been conservative bobo.....you aint foolin no one...lol...
If you want more money go to ups
to late for me to do that....they made about 2-3 dollars more per hour than letter carriers, but guess who had better benefits?.....
All the USPS threads are negative and all republicans trashing it. Do you think they value your hard work that a big child could do? It doesn’t take any schooling. They can find people to do that. If I could have went [sic] right into a $60k mailman job you bet I could do it. I was an all state wrestler Ha

No you weren’t, and no you couldn’t.
i have to agree....all the braggarts who thought..."how hard can this job be?"....quit after a week or too....or their whole attitude changed...
Of course you agree. I see fucking ladies doing it bro. Get over yourself

This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?
Did a monkey shit in the jungle?

Well Bobobrainless, did you?

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.
in the PO we were not over paid even though we did have our share of crappy workers.....

My Father was a carrier for nearly a quarter decade & he worked his azz off.

When Reagan took office two thirds of carrier vehicles were effectively 'taken.'

This caused 2/3rds of carriers to carry increased weight loads daily. Some full letter bags weighed over 80 lb. and these were collected at drop boxes three, to four times daily.

Reagan hated labor in America, just like most Republicans hate the average worker in America.
Is there some reason you said a quarter decade rather than 2.5 years?

I was a rural carrier for three years. The pay was adequate and the works wasn't hard. Yeah, they had the routes timed down so you often ended up working an hour or so ver without overtime, but like I said, the work wasn't difficult. I would case in My route and be out the door by 9. Then it was just Me dropping mail in the countryside. No rat race, no boss on My back. Its a shame I couldn't hold on long enough to go full time. But that was another 10-year wait and I couldn't do it parttime and pay My bills.

I misspoke; I addressed that in another post & explained my goof up

Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Make Federal Workers Look for Other Employment, Again.

I heard the labor market is SMOKIN'
Well, there's 2.8 million Republicans who won't be voting Trump.
According to?

This is terrible news for Fed gov't workers...but good news for those who just want that whacko Trump gone (like me).

This is nothing but a vote loser for him.

His base are so stupid and/or weak and/or gullible...they will vote for him no matter what he does. So they are irrelevant.
But for Trump to win in 2020, he needs us...the Indy's (the Dems despise him...rightly so). We decide almost every election in these days of partisan politics.
And I am quite sure most indy's will hate this move of his.

If he had drastically cut spending across the board and this was just part of it? I think he would be okay on it.

But after the massive tax cut for the rich/corporations along with the big increase in defense spending and his increasing the deficit...he has no political leg to stand on with this bonehead move.

It won't kill him...but it will hurt him...guaranteed.

I love it (except for the poor gov't. workers getting hurt).

The Democrats would never go for any spending cuts! What planet do you live on?
If we stop spending on Republicans they would die from disease and starvation

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

------ ----------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if you can't have a $100 million 'military' parade then federal workers will have to pay for the wall.

Oh bullshit. Most Govt. workers aren't worth the money they are paid.

Hell. Half of them could disappear tomorrow and no one would notice.

Let them get out in the real world and work like everyone else. Then they will see the difference between their cushy well paid job and what real work is.

Fuck em.

Let them get out in the real world and work like everyone else. Then they will see the difference between their cushy well paid job and what real work is.

Fuck em.

There are plenty of federal employees that do a good job.

Wow; the hate is just eating you up inside this morning. And it's early.

Fuck em.

There may be. They live in a bubble. They don't get fired, laid off or go through what most people have gone through.

Most of em aren't worth the powder it would take to blow em to hell.

Don't forget. They are paid with our tax dollars. Most of them are worthless.

I don't include the military in that. Those folks earn their money each and every day.

Do you want to pay down the debt (or slow the rate of increase) or not? Obama added 10 trillion to the nation's debt. You conveniently forget about that but you bitch about President Trump. Something has to give.

Fuck em.

There may be. They live in a bubble. They don't get fired, laid off or go through what most people have gone through.

I don't include the military in that. Those folks earn their money each and every day.

Wow; that is such a 'black & white' way to view anything.

Since you view the world thru such a rigid lense I have a win/win idea just for you.

We can get Trump to make ALL of the civil federal workers MILITARY!

That way ALL federal employees (in your view) will, "earn their money each and every day."

I'm so glad I could improve your day for you. You're welcome.

Fuck em.

Since you view the world thru such a rigid lense I have a win/win idea just for you.

That way ALL federal employees (in your view) will, "earn their money each and every day."

You must be one of those worthless Fed employees.

Fuck off. Have a nice day.

Fuck em.

Nope; not (currently) employed. I'm 57 years old, haven't worked in two years, just paid off my mortgage last month, debt free, money in all the accounts, things are just fine. Best part; Trump didn't have a thing to do with any of my fortunate situation. How 'bout you?

Federal Employees are doing pretty well without a raise Washington DC is the wealthiest place in the country by far.

Fuck em.

Nope; not (currently) employed. I'm 57 years old, haven't worked in two years, just paid off my mortgage last month, debt free, money in all the accounts, things are just fine. Best part; Trump didn't have a thing to do with any of my fortunate situation. How 'bout you?

Well good for you.

I'm 65 and still work. I don't owe anyone a dime and everything I own is paid for except the new vehicle I just bought.

Trump had nothing to do with my good fortune either.

I do like the pay raise I got. And I do like Trump.

Well good for you.

I'm 65 and still work. I don't owe anyone a dime and everything I own is paid for except the new vehicle I just bought.

I will be back in the work place some time soon but not real soon.

New car? Congrats! What did you get?

Well good for you.

I will be back in the work place some time soon but not real soon.

New car? Congrats! What did you get?

Oh its not new. Its a 2007 Mitsubishi, Raider. Nice truck. Not what I really wanted but I couldn't get a loan because I have no credit history.

I pay cash for everything and the only credit card I have is the one on my debit card. I guess you have to be up to your eyeballs in debt before they think you can make a car payment. LOL

Anyway I also just started getting SS so this truck will be paid for then I will get what I really want.

I love my job and will probably continue to work unless I win the PowerBall. LOL

Fuck em.

Spoken like a true Republican. Work hard and don't expect hand outs from the government.

Forum List

Back