Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees - It's a BAD Economy NOW

This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

Edit! OMG! Did someone just play the race card!?
?When business is in the red, they don't give raises. Time for the Fed employees to learn what we have to deal with.

Why do you think we elected a businessman to get this country fix and in better financial condition?

This is hilarious! Trump refuses to give lazy over paid fed workers a raise and the lib-trolls cry. Too bad. Back in my day raises were merit based, if you deserved a raise you got one, not just because. lol!

?When business is in the red, they don't give raises. Time for the Fed employees to learn what we have to deal with.
no more tax cut economics until they get raises!

Do not care about the pay raises going away, but I do find it fascinating that Trump had to say we were in economic dire straits to justify it.

Seems that is not the message at his pep rallies.

Wow; that is such a 'black & white' way to view anything.

Since you view the world thru such a rigid lense I have a win/win idea just for you.

We can get Trump to make ALL of the civil federal workers MILITARY!

That way ALL federal employees (in your view) will, "earn their money each and every day."

I'm so glad I could improve your day for you. You're welcome.

You must be one of those worthless Fed employees.

Fuck off. Have a nice day.

Nope; not (currently) employed. I'm 57 years old, haven't worked in two years, just paid off my mortgage last month, debt free, money in all the accounts, things are just fine. Best part; Trump didn't have a thing to do with any of my fortunate situation. How 'bout you?

Well good for you.

I'm 65 and still work. I don't owe anyone a dime and everything I own is paid for except the new vehicle I just bought.

Trump had nothing to do with my good fortune either.

I do like the pay raise I got. And I do like Trump.

I will be back in the work place some time soon but not real soon.

New car? Congrats! What did you get?

Oh its not new. Its a 2007 Mitsubishi, Raider. Nice truck. Not what I really wanted but I couldn't get a loan because I have no credit history.

I pay cash for everything and the only credit card I have is the one on my debit card. I guess you have to be up to your eyeballs in debt before they think you can make a car payment. LOL

Anyway I also just started getting SS so this truck will be paid for then I will get what I really want.

I love my job and will probably continue to work unless I win the PowerBall. LOL

Nice truck! I'm glad you like your job; that's a bonus. Many folks don't like their job. You're lucky!

It was a cost of living increase you stupid fuck

Do you get a cost of living increase?? I sure don't and neither do most workers.

Why should we tax payers foot the bill for a cost of living increase for Fed workers??

Its a dog whistle to his base. They think all federal employees are Black.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.
What do you base that assessment on?

Do you get a cost of living increase?? I sure don't and neither do most workers.

Why should we tax payers foot the bill for a cost of living increase for Fed workers??
Why didn't you get a cost of living increase? Isn't the economy doing really well? Isn't your employer passing that success on to his/her employees?

Why do you think we elected a businessman to get this country fix and in better financial condition?
You hired a con man who just borrowed 1.5 trillion to primarily and out to wealthy people (including Trump), & well off corporations, who spends million hauling his fat ass off to his resorts, and just ratcheted up military spending when the US is already far far far ahead of any other country.

That's it play the idiotic race card....and you should pay attention, Trump said the federal budgets can't support raises. But hell budgets don't matter just keep running up debt
Why did he want to throw a parade if he really thought that?

Too easy...
President Trump Cancels Military Parade, Citing 'Ridiculously High' Price
President Trump Cancels Military Parade, Citing 'Ridiculously High' Price
What do you mean too easy? Are you saying he didnt want to throw a parade? If so, canceling it doesnt change the fact that he wanted to throw one. I guess since he didnt get that check from Mexico to build the wall he is taking it out on federal workers.

OMG WHY did he cancel it? Read the goddamn link, moron.....the cost!!!

Go talk about racist shit in race the relations forum, you're failing here in epic fashion
Thought the economy was doing well...what happened?

we have a first world economy,

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

So, Trump offers the wealthy 0.001% of individuals a massive tax cut, offers the corporations a massive tax cut, tax receipts go down as a result, and the federal worker loses out.

Glad to see your line of thinking there but I disagree.

Income inequality will continue to widen because of poor planning from those in charge. Check
Most of the federal workers are over paid and lazy and don't deserve a raise. Raised should be earned.

Federal employees do not obtain 'merit' increases; the federal system is not set-up as such.

Federal employees are treated like robots. They get a raise, or they don't; that's it.

Yes, I know; they can go somewhere else to get a job.

And some will.

Nearly all federal agencies are bloated with do nothing employees, let them quit and don't hire new ones
What do you base that assessment on?

You hired a con man who just borrowed 1.5 trillion to primarily and out to wealthy people (including Trump), & well off corporations, who spends million hauling his fat ass off to his resorts, and just ratcheted up military spending when the US is already far far far ahead of any other country.
I was wondering why I know many people in their 40s and 50s that just got good White Collar positions.

Apparently the President doesn't think the economy is the solution to the bloated federal budget and spending. He said he was going to make cuts and he chose something to reduce. I can understand people that want to squabble about what he decides to cut, but like with President Obama, it's hard fault the President for doing what he says he is going to do, unless you just want to be a partisan hack. It's not illegal or unconstitutional.

Apparently the President doesn't think the economy is the solution to the bloated federal budget and spending. He said he was going to make cuts and he chose something to reduce. I can understand people that want to squabble about what he decides to cut, but like with President Obama, it's hard fault the President for doing what he says he is going to do unless, you just want to be a partisan hack. It's not illegal or unconstitutional.
True...it's not illegal....just goes against the "good news" we've been hearing from this so-called president for the last year and a half.

True...it's not illegal....just goes against the "good news" we've been hearing from this so-called president for the last year and a half.

No it doesn't. The federal budget is not the economy. Revenues may increase as the economy improves, but that still doesn't get rid of the spending that puts us in debt. You're trying to make a connection that is a poor connection at best, but I understand why you want to make that connection (it serves your desire to be a partisan hack :21:).

Apparently the President doesn't think the economy is the solution to the bloated federal budget and spending. He said he was going to make cuts and he chose something to reduce. I can understand people that want to squabble about what he decides to cut, but like with President Obama, it's hard fault the President for doing what he says he is going to do, unless you just want to be a partisan hack. It's not illegal or unconstitutional.
let's cut the drug war to pay for spending.

thats what they make.....and lets see you get out there and deliver a route in pouring rain or a snowstorm bobo....you would have called in sick on those days....its a lot different than sitting on your ass in an office looking out the window....
No harry! Wrong wrong wrong. That’s manual labor. Anyone can do that. That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain. I was a paperboy once. Had to deliver in the rain. That didn’t pay very well. They overpay postal workers because many are veterans.

I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code. Never ending. They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.

You could not take your companies aftermarket department from $50k a month to $300k this month. New record. That’s why I make more than everyone else in my office because like you, they’re staring out the window.

You’re making me more conservative. If you want more money go to ups
Anyone can do that.
i would loved to have seen you down there getting a route ready to carry during election/christmas time bobo.....you would have quit OR if you stick it out.....i bet you would have a new attitude about how easy this job is.....i can guarantee that..
That will never be a high paying job based on how physical it is or that you have to do it in the rain.
base pay right now around 60 thousand a year....and doing it in the rain is one of the reasons for that....
I also worked at the post office in college sorting mail by zip code.
wow a couple of weeks in the summer,once again working inside sitting on your ass .....and you have it all figured out.....you are good bobo...
They paid pretty good because it was mostly military.
around 25-30% military....
like you, they’re staring out the window.
got news for you bobo....i am on the outside working,you are sitting on your ass inside looking out that window....
You’re making me more conservative
you have always been conservative bobo.....you aint foolin no one...lol...
If you want more money go to ups
to late for me to do that....they made about 2-3 dollars more per hour than letter carriers, but guess who had better benefits?.....
All the USPS threads are negative and all republicans trashing it. Do you think they value your hard work that a big child could do? It doesn’t take any schooling. They can find people to do that. If I could have went right into a $60k mailman job you bet I could do it. I was an all state wrestler I could have been a marine if I wanted. Wet. Ha
the shit is starting to pile up bobo.....this is were you start losing credibility....
What? I love it when you nerds don’t believe my reality is real. I was metro Detroit powerlifting champ and all state wrestler 1988
dam bobo your great at everything.....but...are you a competent heterosexual?....

Forum List

Back