Trump caves on vaccine: Tells Americans to get it

U.S. Jews are a largely Democratic, politically liberal group. Overall, seven-in-ten Jews (including 68% of Jews by religion and 78% of Jews of no religion) identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, while just 22% identify with or lean toward the Republican Party.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” —Groucho Marx

Last edited:
The media is so full of shit.
Or, the poster has just a soda-straw view of his world and community and sees what he sees and says it applies everywhere in the United States of America.
I, personally, would demur.

He did all the spadework......He's not a fake.

Those are two of my most favorite comments from this thread.
"He did the spade work"......Really? Well, I suppose promoting bleach and Hydroxychloroquine could have 'softened up' any objections to a small needle. Or, could very well have spurred the real scientific community to work harder/faster for fear the Administration would, in the alternative, require mass bleach injections.

So maybe we can give Don Trump credit for the "Bleach Gambit" as a head-fake to get vaccines developed.

"He's not a fake". I should just let that one sit and marinate in its own juice. But if the poster 'Foreigner' believes everything that comes out of Don Trump's mouth is 'non-fake'......well, OK. You be you.

Life is a journey, poster Foreigner. You choose your path. ;)

Former President Donald Trump said that he recommends that people get the COVID-19 vaccine, even as a poll shows that about half of Republican men are reluctant to be inoculated.

A Fox News host on Tuesday asked the former president, who called in, whether he would “recommend to our audience that they get the vaccine,” noting that Trump himself had been vaccinated.

Trump and his wife, Melania, quietly received the vaccine while at the White House in January, according to reports earlier this month. Other political leaders have been vaccinated in public settings in order to encourage more people to get the shot once they’re eligible.

It's about time. Better late than never, I guess.
Democrats were the ones saying they would ever take a vaccine made under the Trump administration...before taking tge vaccine, as Joe did.

Another snowflake failed attempt to rewrite history.

He also as ll but claimed to have invented the vaccines himself, claiming that the vaccines wouldn't have been ready for 5 years if he hadn't been president.

I guess we're all supposed to forget about the fact that he sometimes hinted that he was willing to sabotage the vaccines if he lost the rlection
You LIE. Prove it. Is your source CNN?

Or, the poster has just a soda-straw view of his world and community and sees what he sees and says it applies everywhere in the United States of America.

"He did the spade work"......Really? Well, I suppose promoting bleach and Hydroxychloroquine could have 'softened up' any objections to a small needle. Or, could very well have spurred the real scientific community to work harder/faster for fear the Administration would, in the alternative, require mass bleach injections.

So maybe we can give Don Trump credit for the "Bleach Gambit" as a head-fake to get vaccines developed.

"He's not a fake". I should just let that one sit and marinate in its own juice. But if the poster 'Foreigner' believes everything that comes out of Don Trump's mouth is 'non-fake'......well, OK. You be you.

When one follows several "news" sites everyday for over 20 years one learns that The media is so full of shit.

Wasn't it Pedo Joe and Commiela Harris saying they wouldn't get a Trump vaccine all during the campaign?

Thread fail.
Actually they said they would not get a vaccine on Trumps say so

Who can blame them?
Then they jumped to the front of the line......and then Veggie Joe claimed there was no vaccine when he took office, despite the fact he already got it. He is a vegetable.

How did Melania get a vaccine?
Same way she became a citizen, Jumped the line

Oh, you mean like the millions of illegal immigrants pouring over our Southern border at the invitation of President Kamala/Biden? Like that?

...he was the only living President recently who did not sign on to an effort to promote getting a shot....as Carter, Clinton, Bush, and Obama had done last week. He jumped on board when it looked like he'd be left at the dock.
He would like to be welcomed into the ex-presidents club.
So would Jimmy Carter; every other President hates his guts.

Of course they do. President Trump proved unequivocally that great changes, for the betterment of our country in a relatively short period of time can be made. Of course, that makes all those former presidents look impotent and inept.

Last edited:
So, Trump gets credit for writing one EO for Operation Warp speed - then scientists did all the work.

View attachment 468956

I've never met someone so intent on making such a fool of themselves.

President Kennedy is credited with our landing on the moon in that decade. Did JFK get out pencil and paper and design the Titan rocket?

You're simply angry because President Trump was so remarkably effective.

There is no way in hell that I will be taking that shot and all the alleged necessary "follow up shots" for this bio-weapon that is a self-mutating virus. I'll take my chances if it's all the same to you.

Former President Donald Trump said that he recommends that people get the COVID-19 vaccine, even as a poll shows that about half of Republican men are reluctant to be inoculated.

A Fox News host on Tuesday asked the former president, who called in, whether he would “recommend to our audience that they get the vaccine,” noting that Trump himself had been vaccinated.

Trump and his wife, Melania, quietly received the vaccine while at the White House in January, according to reports earlier this month. Other political leaders have been vaccinated in public settings in order to encourage more people to get the shot once they’re eligible.

Why would he "cave in" on the vaccines he produced?

Because he spent most of 2020 claiming that the covid 19 virus was a hoax created by the Democrats and China to overthrow his presidency in a coup. He claimed that the vaccines were hoax and that the virus would magically disappear following the election.

There have even been some conspiracy theories on the far right that high level Republicans like Herman Cain who have died from covid-19 were actually assassinated by the Democrats and China, conspiracy theories which have been promoted and supported by Trump and his supporters.

And let's get one thing straight Trump did nothing to produce the vaccines they were already being produced by private companies while he was still pretending the virus didn't exist. He was doing his best in 2020 to stem the development of the virus hinting that it would only be released if he one re-election.
Bull. Why would he have spent billions to produce and purchase the Trump vaccine? Be grateful for that and all the free stuff Trump and the taxpayer has given you.

There is no "Trump" vaccine.

Trump was trying to take credit for the development of vaccines that were already being made. He and his company never paid even a single penny to develop one themselves.

I do remember him claiming that he was going to personally pay to develop a vaccine that was 100 times more effective than the others, with no side effects. It would be nice if it wasn't complete BS..

If I remember correctly that vaccine was supposed to have been released months ago.

He promised the vaccine by the end of 2020 and delivered. It was people like Heels Up Harris who said they would have second thoughts on taking the vaccine.
But I’m glad you’re listening to President Trump now.

Have you gotten your shots yet?

The stats show that there is a pretty big difference between Republicans and Democrats attitudes toward getting the vaccine.

"Partisan differences, which have long characterized views about the outbreak, are increasingly seen in vaccine intent. Democrats are now 27 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say they plan to get, or have already received, a coronavirus vaccine (83% to 56%). This gap is wider than those seen at multiple points in 2020."

I don't think Trump has been very vocal about pushing people to take the vaccine. He was also not very consistent on wearing masks. I think Trump's actions on the vaccine and the virus itself are the biggest reason why there is such a partisan divide regarding taking this vaccine.

1. It was nice of him to make the recommendation.
  2. He never caved because he never said not to take it.

1. Yes, it was good of him to finally make an affirmative statement. Though, the context was: Biden had publicly urged or 'hoped' he would be assertive in recommending his followers to take it; plus, somewhat embarrassingly, he was the only living President recently who did not sign on to an effort to promote getting a shot....as Carter, Clinton, Bush, and Obama had done last week. He jumped on board when it looked like he'd be left at the dock. Still, it is good. Many of his followers look to him as a source of guidance.....so maybe more of them will get themselves and their families vaccinated.

2. "He never said to not take it".......ah, and that was his "effort": never said not to.
Hardly, in my opinion, a ringing endorsement. Hardly affirmative leadership, in my opinion.

But, there is a context to that too. As we know, Don Trump notoriously 'played down' the danger of Covid as he admitted to Bob Woodward. He, and his wife were covertly --or at least, unpublicized --- been vaccinated back in January.
There is the context of his super-spreader rallies; un-masked parties at the White House; his mockery of mask wearing; his very public statement at a presser on the advice from the CDC about wearing a mask...where he said "I don't think I am going to do it"; his dismissal and minimizing of the input from health experts; and his fantasy-land home-brews of hydroxychloroquine, and bleach.

Nonetheless, let's give credit to Don Trump that the efforts for developing the Moderna and J&J vaccines at least happened on his watch.....as did the 550,000 corpses.

Notably, and as an aside, the development of the Pfizer was a Pfizer operation....funded by themselves, and not part of Warp Speed, or government funding. Trump attempted to take credit for Pfizer....until the blowback got too hot for him and he quit doing that.

So, in the end: America now has 3 effective vaccines. More and more people are getting vaccinated daily. My wife and I have each received our two Moderna doses. As have nearly all of our friends and neighbors here in Snowbird Florida. So we are grateful....to Moderna, to the scientific community, the local health-provider infrastructure, and to the American taxpayer.

And once again you show just how pathetic and petty the unhinged progressive left truly is...congratulations.

The stats show that there is a pretty big difference between Republicans and Democrats attitudes toward getting the vaccine.

"Partisan differences, which have long characterized views about the outbreak, are increasingly seen in vaccine intent. Democrats are now 27 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say they plan to get, or have already received, a coronavirus vaccine (83% to 56%). This gap is wider than those seen at multiple points in 2020."

I don't think Trump has been very vocal about pushing people to take the vaccine. He was also not very consistent on wearing masks. I think Trump's actions on the vaccine and the virus itself are the biggest reason why there is such a partisan divide regarding taking this vaccine.

In this age of hyper politicization of everything, are you surprised?

Must you lie? I guess so when you’re on the losing side of every argument.

Jesus christ himself could pull up a chair next to me look me dead in the eye and urge me to get the vaccine

Nope

In this age of hyper politicization of everything, are you surprised?

Not surprised, just disappointed that our health of all things has been politicized.

And that’s 100% on Trump in my opinion.

Forum List

Back