Trump cites non-existent terrorist attack ‘last night in Sweden’ to justify Muslim ban at Florida ra

'Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday — or Saturday, for that matter — and Swedes were left baffled.

“Sweden? Terror attack? What has [Trump] been smoking? Questions abound,” Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

[…]

Henrik Selin, political scientist and deputy director of the Swedish Institute, a state agency dedicated to promoting Sweden globally, said he was puzzled by Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“I do not have a clue what he was referring to,” he said in a telephone interview. “Obviously, this could be connected to the fact that there has been a lot of negative reporting about Sweden, since Sweden has taken in a lot of refugees.”'

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

Yet another ridiculous Trump lie, and yet again his reprehensible supporters ignore Trump’s lies.

Nice fake news story. Trump never said there was a terror attack in Sweden. He just said look what is happening.

Sweden is the rape capital of the Europe now, thanks to Muslims.

Do you have a good link to your rape capital of the world story and provide a link..? Here is a video of what he said last night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...eden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html?_r=0

It's a well known fact they are the rape capital of Europe. The progressive dolts that run Sweden also have to attempt to cover it up, they dare not expose their idiotic immigration policy has directly led to this.

Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png

Rape in Sweden - Wikipedia

Thank you... I looked it up year by year and it does seem to go up every year...yes there is a horrible problem. I agree.

'Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday — or Saturday, for that matter — and Swedes were left baffled.

“Sweden? Terror attack? What has [Trump] been smoking? Questions abound,” Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

[…]

Henrik Selin, political scientist and deputy director of the Swedish Institute, a state agency dedicated to promoting Sweden globally, said he was puzzled by Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“I do not have a clue what he was referring to,” he said in a telephone interview. “Obviously, this could be connected to the fact that there has been a lot of negative reporting about Sweden, since Sweden has taken in a lot of refugees.”'

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

Yet another ridiculous Trump lie, and yet again his reprehensible supporters ignore Trump’s lies.

Let's start with this.

Quote exactly what Trump said about Sweden.

[…]

Nice fake news story. Trump never said there was a terror attack in Sweden. He just said look what is happening.

Use your terms correctly. It's not "fake news." The President said:

you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible.

Anyone would wonder what happened--I did.

Read: Full transcript of Trump's rally speech in Florida

I don't know what he meant by "last night", he obviously misspoke. He wasn't reading off a teleprompter or anything. He was clearly listing all countries with migrant Muslim problems: Germany, Sweden, Belgium, France. If I had to guess, I think he meant to say "last month", in reference to the lovely Muslim gang rape of a Swedish woman live on Facebook.

Clearly you don't want to address the point he was making, you want to get hung up on silly stuff. If that's the best you can come up with, good luck in 2020.

At his rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday, Pres. Donald Trump listed a terror attack that never happened as part of the rationale for his controversial anti-Muslim travel ban.

In defending his executive order banning Islamic refugees and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S., Trump said, “When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden!
“They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible,” he went on.

However, there was no terror attack in Sweden on Friday. Perhaps, as some Twitter users suggested, the attack in Sweden happened in the same parallel universe as Kellyanne Conway’s fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”
This story is a perfect example of fake news. President Trump never mentioned a specific terror attack. He was citing the abundance of problems, including terror attacks that resulted from the EU's reckless adn irresponsible refugee problem. It was this ill advised policy that caused the UK's exit from the EU, the popularity of Le Pen and the end of open borders in much of the EU.

The media reports President Trump claimed there had been a terror attack in Sweden "last night" but a look at the transcript shows he didn't.

flzfaw.jpg

I'm 99% sure he was talking about the report on Sweden that aired on Tucker Carlson's show the night before.

Trump mentioned no incident or attack or anything like that, so all those "horrors" are product of leftists imagination.

.....of course Swede's have no idea what Agent Orange is talking about, but this is still just fake news, Trump re-routing the Obama birth certificate team to Stockholm and get to the bottom of this shit...........

LONDON Swedes reacted with confusion, anger and ridicule on Sunday to a vague remark by President Trump that suggested that something terrible had occurred in their country.

During a campaign-style rally on Saturday in Florida, Mr. Trump issued a sharp if discursive attack on refugee policies in Europe, ticking off a list of places that have been hit by terrorists.

You look at whats happening, he told his supporters. Weve got to keep our country safe. You look at whats happening in Germany, you look at whats happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?

Not the Swedes. Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday or Saturday, for that matter and Swedes were left baffled. Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound, Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

And you make up news and believe it's truth. Keep going...

there have been several reports of attacks by muslims in the last couple of weeks

trump might have some intel that they were organized by a terror group

[…]

Sweden does down plays attacks by refugees but they are reported in the news, a half dozen in the last few weeks

What's funny is this is what Swedes get angry about, someone pointing out what a mess their country is.

They aren't angry about their women being raped at the highest rates in the world.

[…]

Let's start with this.

Quote exactly what Trump said about Sweden.
HEY!! What am I? Chopped liver?
Maybe I'm on ignore...

[…]

Use your terms correctly. It's not "fake news." The President said:

you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible.

Anyone would wonder what happened--I did.

Read: Full transcript of Trump's rally speech in Florida

We need a full time transcript writer 24/7 to fact check Trump on a daily basis...

:lol:
Far too exhausting....

Trump’s comments left some Swedish politicians scratching their heads.

“Sweden? Terrorist Attack? What has he been smoking?” former prime minister Carl Bildt wondered on Twitter following the speech.

Sweden’s official Twitter account @Sweden, which is handed over to a private citizen each week, kept busy reassuring followers that there wasn’t a terrorist incident in the country.

flzfaw.jpg

I'm 99% sure he was talking about the report on Sweden that aired on Tucker Carlson's show the night before.

Trump mentioned no incident or attack or anything like that, so all those "horrors" are product of leftists imagination.
They're a product of Trump's imagination, more like.

Now that the leftists and the globalists have no actual political power in the USA they will use the remaining forms of power to try to get back to the saddle, namely the media and the academia.

Take this Sweden debacle for instance, but the same goes for Conway's "alternative facts", Flynn dismissal, EO decision at the 9th... It is the exact same as the message: they drag, through the media and centrally distributed talking points, the discussion to a point completely unrelated to the central point being made.

Trump hypothesis is that unbridled acceptance of outsiders is detrimental to a country. Trump corroborating examples are the crimes committed by illegals in America and by Muslim migrants in Sweden, France and Germany. Those are strong examples validating Trump's hypothesis and the very act of discussing them publicly undermine progressive talking points so they do everything in their power to avoid talking about it. Instead they latch at discussing semantics and points not directly related to the central one and pretend that winning that means the central thesis doesn't have merit.

For instance: whether there was a terrorist attack last night in Sweden or not doesn't change central point being made: that the presence of Muslim migrants completely changed that country and for the worse. There was no terrorist attack in Sweden, but leftists saw the chance to accuse Trump of lying and went for it.

It is easy to prove that central point with examples: increase in violent crime, Malmo being one of the most dangerous cities in the whole continent, etc. All that means it is useless to spend time on defense and every interaction with the leftists in this discussion should be: the facts.

Don't fall for the leftist globalist trap of choosing the battleground in order to avoid discussing the issue that really matter. Quickly drag thand conversation back to the central point.

When you face leftists with facts, they usually run away. However, sometimes they will try to fight you with something like: "I was almost forced to face the fact that my argument was bad, but I see here that you made a typo, so you must be wrong."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back