Trump considering Sherman Act Violation investigation into Google and Facebook.

He is not my hero and he was no Conservative. This is difference because there is no monopoly, it is impossible to monopolize the internet. These are optional websites that people choose to go to, they have no impact on their daily lives.
Google and Fakebook aren't defacto monopolies?...Really?

Not in the least, and even if they were they are just entertainment sites so it does not matter.

That would be like closing down the only strip club in town since they have a monopoly in that town.

Just a cowardly way to push government interference in private business. And a great many people claiming to be conservative will support this action.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Republican hero Teddy Roosevelt was famous for his "trust busting"...Tell us how this is different.

He is not my hero and he was no Conservative. This is difference because there is no monopoly, it is impossible to monopolize the internet. These are optional websites that people choose to go to, they have no impact on their daily lives.
it is impossible to monopolize

Amazon, Google are monopolies.

Poor anarchist has his panties wedged again.
He's no anarchist....He's as statist as anyone in the GOP.

I am not in the GOP, they are far too left for me. You are the fucking statist wanting the government to swoop down and save you from the evil Facebook.

If you do not like what FB does, do not use it.

Why is that so hard for people like you?

Just a cowardly way to push government interference in private business. And a great many people claiming to be conservative will support this action.

Republican hero Teddy Roosevelt was famous for his "trust busting"...Tell us how this is different.

Fucking bullshit.

Fuck, you statist are just amazing. Punish the successful, that is the new mantra of the right in this country.

Not in the least, and even if they were they are just entertainment sites so it does not matter.

That would be like closing down the only strip club in town since they have a monopoly in that town.
ORLY?...Ever try to use an Android phone completely unhooked from Google?

I do not use an Android phone and since there are other phone options, Google can not be a monopoly because of Androids .

I would prefer this to any "CENSORSHIP LAWS", but I really do not think we even need this.

People who don't like Google, Facebook, and Twitter censoring content should stop using them.

How Trump could hurt Google

Antitrust officials at the Justice Department or Federal Trade Commission, for example, could investigate whether the search giant is abusing its market dominance. Trump's Republican allies in Congress could subject the company to more unpleasant, high-profile hearings. And the president's public attacks could, over time, recast Google as a partisan player, a disturbing possibility for a company that depends on being the default search engine of choice for Americans of all political stripes.

In afternoon remarks in the Oval Office, Trump broadened his condemnation to include the country’s biggest social media firms.

“I think what Google and what others are doing, if you look at what is going on with Twitter and if you look at what’s going on in Facebook, they better be careful because you can’t do that to people,” Trump said, adding, “I think that Google and Twitter and Facebook, they are really treading on very, very troubled territory and they have to be careful.“
Good, let him embarrass himself. Some more.

I haven’t read all the posts however my take is this is another “fairness doctrine” type rule. We don’t need it, we don’t need government interfering in private business matters, they are already in our lives way too much as it is.

Fucking bullshit.

Fuck, you statist are just amazing. Punish the successful, that is the new mantra of the right in this country.

Trump is about one thing; sticking it to people...this group just happens to be successful. In about 2.5 days, the hordes will move on to a new "enemy of the people"...the parallels between every despot in the history of the world and Trump become more vivid every day.

Forum List

Back