Trump delegates at risk of being declared uncommitted because of Trump's folley

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
Interesting.... this happened in several states, not just South Carolina.. I f he is no longer going to support the nominee, his delegates don't have to support him

TIME – Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt.

The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his reversal on the pledge Tuesday.

When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore gave credence to the anti-Trump claims.

“Breaking South Carolina’s presidential primary ballot pledge raises some unanswered legal questions that no one person can answer,” he told TIME. “However, a court or national convention Committee on Contests could resolve them. It could put delegates in jeopardy.”

Read more: OOPS! Trump may have just put his South Carolina delegates in jeopardy!

Trump shoots off his mouth without considering the consequences, again

So the delegates will withdraw their votes and forget the voters....

Not surprised.............

The other candidates have attacked Trump relentlessly...............They had a pledge as well...............To support the nominee of the Party.........

If they steal the nomination with this BS.................they end the GOP party as we know it...................Millions will walk away.............and I'm one of them..........

boy how sad when the citizens don't mind some people being screwed over just because they don't like them? the Democrats had done it to their base of voters so much that they don't see anything wrong with it anymore. just think if this was going to used against Hillary or Bernie.

trump broke his promise, so other promises aren't binding

what has our elections come to, back in grade school level? just stupid how they want to take out someone so bad they've dreamt up ever loser position they could come up

Ouch. I can't blame them though.
Whatever...............they have now chosen Hillary...and so have you.................

They get their way or they take their toys and go home...............so be it..........I hope the GOP implodes then...............

Interesting.... this happened in several states, not just South Carolina.. I f he is no longer going to support the nominee, his delegates don't have to support him

TIME – Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt.

The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his reversal on the pledge Tuesday.

When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore gave credence to the anti-Trump claims.

“Breaking South Carolina’s presidential primary ballot pledge raises some unanswered legal questions that no one person can answer,” he told TIME. “However, a court or national convention Committee on Contests could resolve them. It could put delegates in jeopardy.”

Read more: OOPS! Trump may have just put his South Carolina delegates in jeopardy!

Ah well if that happens I look forward to Trump's 3rd party run :thup:

I'm sure you do..........................Be proud of the witch you will elect.............I know you will.................

The establishment will not tolerate ANY DISOBEDIENCE....................They are the Borg.........

I'm sure you do..........................Be proud of the witch you will elect.............I know you will.................

The establishment will not tolerate ANY DISOBEDIENCE....................They are the Borg.........
You will be assimilated

Whatever...............they have now chosen Hillary...and so have you.................

They get their way or they take their toys and go home...............so be it..........I hope the GOP implodes then...............

Considering trump is the only candidate Hillary beats, you're the one that's been voting for her the entire time. At least if we use your logic. Not to mention you are the one insisting trump.

You cannot blame anyone but trump for this one. Besides no decisions are final yet.

You will be assimilated
No the fuck I will not............I heard there are 364 other days in a year to create another holiday like July 4th.......lol

Kasich and Cruz already said they wouldn't support him if he's the nominee.
They will ignore that of course............and with friends like the other candidates who made the promises.........who needs enemies.......

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29722-1394690307-4.gif

Considering trump is the only candidate Hillary beats, you're the one that's been voting for her the entire time. At least if we use your logic. Not to mention you are the one insisting trump.

You cannot blame anyone but trump for this one. Besides no decisions are final yet.
Excuses........people like you are why she could win...........as you jump ship and pick up the Dem flag................

If you don't get your way............poor things........then blame others for voting for the Hildabeast.

trump broke his promise, so other promises aren't binding
Sorry, but the GOP promised to support him....and instead they broke their promise and have undermined him all along.

Trump has every right to tell the GOP to pound sand.

Cruz and Kasich were mindful of this. Trump said he would not support the nominee, Cruz just said he is going to win at the convention. They all had to sign these letters. Trump is the only one who has said he would not.

what it means is the delegates Are unbound. they can vote whoever, including Trump.

So the delegates will withdraw their votes and forget the voters....

Not surprised.............

The other candidates have attacked Trump relentlessly...............They had a pledge as well...............To support the nominee of the Party.........

If they steal the nomination with this BS.................they end the GOP party as we know it...................Millions will walk away.............and I'm one of them..........

There are rules, you play by the rule. Trump doesn't like the rules, well he should at least accept them, because otherwise he's shooting himself in the foot. He decided to go Republican, and now doesn't like Republican.

Seeing as he's given more money to the Democrats, maybe he could switch over to them now. See if he likes their rules.

Forum List

Back