Trump delegates at risk of being declared uncommitted because of Trump's folley

Interesting.... this happened in several states, not just South Carolina.. I f he is no longer going to support the nominee, his delegates don't have to support him

TIME – Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt.

The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his reversal on the pledge Tuesday.

When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore gave credence to the anti-Trump claims.

“Breaking South Carolina’s presidential primary ballot pledge raises some unanswered legal questions that no one person can answer,” he told TIME. “However, a court or national convention Committee on Contests could resolve them. It could put delegates in jeopardy.”

Read more: OOPS! Trump may have just put his South Carolina delegates in jeopardy!

Trump shoots off his mouth without considering the consequences, again
Ah well if that happens I look forward to Trump's 3rd party run :thup:
I'm sure you do..........................Be proud of the witch you will elect.............I know you will.................

The establishment will not tolerate ANY DISOBEDIENCE....................They are the Borg.........

Funny. Because it seems like you don't tolerate disobedience
That is just plain stupid. If Cruz were to win with the voters and not some rigged crap that is in the making I'd vote for him. I believe the voters should decide, and win or lose that is the deal. Not the rigged system that we are seeing now.

The rigged system where Donald Trump is winning? That's the one you are Complaining about?

We should ignore rules because it hurts your candidate?

Don't make me laugh

I'm sure that if you got selected as a Cruz Delegate, at least in an early state, they probably confirmed your loyalty and got your signature in blood. So, um, no, this isn't really an issue.

the bigger problem is going to be what happens when the GOP manipulates the convention to take the nomination from Trump, which they have to do right now. Trump's comments on Abortion have made him unelectable.

My point stands...............Don't care if you don't like how it is presented...............You want a pillow fight try someone else..............

The establishment is trying to take the decision away from the voters......both sides................You can spray perfume on it and/or put a pretty bow on it and it changes nothing........................The establishment and YOU.....are saying the VOTERS DON'T MATTER ANY MORE........

Which is CLEARLY against the intent of our Republic.

Trump hasn't cleared 50% in a single primary yet. The majority of GOP voters DON'T Want him as the nominee. The Convention will reflect that.

So the delegates will withdraw their votes and forget the voters....

Not surprised.............

The other candidates have attacked Trump relentlessly...............They had a pledge as well...............To support the nominee of the Party.........

If they steal the nomination with this BS.................they end the GOP party as we know it...................Millions will walk away.............and I'm one of them..........

There are rules, you play by the rule. Trump doesn't like the rules, well he should at least accept them, because otherwise he's shooting himself in the foot. He decided to go Republican, and now doesn't like Republican.

Seeing as he's given more money to the Democrats, maybe he could switch over to them now. See if he likes their rules.
It kinda violates the intent of the Constitution of this Republic to IGNORE the will of the people..............

But i understand people like you use it for toilet paper...................

If you cared about the constitution, you wouldn't be supporting Trump.

But as you seem to think that the presidential nominee of a political party has anything to do with the Constitution, I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the document. You do realize there is absolutely nothing that says any party has to allow us to choose their nominee don't you?
Again, Stupid comment. Representative Gov't...............By the will of the people............Trump is running in the
GOP and has more votes.............aka that means more voters want him than the others.......but you chose someone else because you don't like our votes even though we outnumber you. LOL...then you say I don't know the constitution...........

People like you are starting to sound like liberals.

You demonstrate you don't know the constitution when you keep insisting it says anything about political parties.

BTW the constitution establishes a republic, where the people don't even vote for President directly.

If the GOP does finally and mercifully implode after this election, the Trump supporters won't have enough influence to get their people elected.

Then the "establishment" will claim the wreckage and all this would have been a massive and embarrassing exercise in futility.

Worse than futility for the GOP, actually, because the country will have continued to move Left while the GOP had its hissy fit.

Temper tantrums have consequences.

Last edited:
Ouch. I can't blame them though.
Whatever...............they have now chosen Hillary...and so have you.................

They get their way or they take their toys and go home...............so be it..........I hope the GOP implodes then...............

Considering trump is the only candidate Hillary beats, you're the one that's been voting for her the entire time. At least if we use your logic. Not to mention you are the one insisting trump.

You cannot blame anyone but trump for this one. Besides no decisions are final yet.
Excuses........people like you are why she could win...........as you jump ship and pick up the Dem flag................

If you don't get your way............poor things........then blame others for voting for the Hildabeast.

So you are going to support Cruz when he wins?
If he wins by the vote only............If he wins brokered...................NOT A CHANCE.................I'll sit this one out..................and hope the GOP implodes..............Radical huh..............At this point what difference does it make..............The rallying cry of people like you who will hand the Hildabeast the election.

Problem is Trump isn't winning by the votes if we have a contested convention. He has not earned the nomination if he does not reach the magic number.

Nor can he expect to if he plans on breaking the rules, such as the one is South Carolina.

If you cared about the constitution, you wouldn't be supporting Trump.

But as you seem to think that the presidential nominee of a political party has anything to do with the Constitution, I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the document. You do realize there is absolutely nothing that says any party has to allow us to choose their nominee don't you?
Again, Stupid comment. Representative Gov't...............By the will of the people............Trump is running in the
GOP and has more votes.............aka that means more voters want him than the others.......but you chose someone else because you don't like our votes even though we outnumber you. LOL...then you say I don't know the constitution...........

The US Congress is not made up of the party with the most votes.

In 2014 the Democrats got 44.9% of the votes but 43.2% of the seats, while the Republicans got 50.7% of the votes and 56.8% of the seats.

How'd that work out? Oh, yeah, because it's not proportional representation.

In 2000 Bush got less votes than Gore, and Gore lost. How'd that work out?

Now all of a sudden you're telling us that the person with the most votes should win, even though all the votes tallied up during the primary are not used. Some states give all their delegates to one candidate, some don't. Don't see you bitching about that.
Again you are stupid........My Congressman got elected by the voters..........aka MY DISTRICT...........

You are fudging the math trying to make it sound like something it isn't.........Every district elects their own Congressman or woman......................By the VOTE.........

To the delegate system..................or each state having different rules.....................Even under the different rules.....winner take all states...........the winner is decided by the VOTES....................

VOTERS..........VOTES...........in each equation decides the winner..............but oh.......another 4 candidates are on the ticket....see.......see......see.......see........he didn't get the majority...............Give me a fucking break.......Trump has WON 18 OF 30 States by the MAJORITY OF THE VOTES..............Cruz has Only 8...................

And that means HE'S LOSING........but the Convention will STEAL IT............because the voters don't matter anymore...........

BS.

It always makes me wonder why people start a post with an insult and then expect to be able to debate afterwards.

No, sorry, I don't do insulters. if you want a reply, try being civil.
My point stands...............Don't care if you don't like how it is presented...............You want a pillow fight try someone else..............

The establishment is trying to take the decision away from the voters......both sides................You can spray perfume on it and/or put a pretty bow on it and it changes nothing........................The establishment and YOU.....are saying the VOTERS DON'T MATTER ANY MORE........

Again you understand that the party has no obligation to let us vote to begin with right?

We are also a republic based on the rule of law. There are rules governing how delegates are allocated. You can't possibly be upset when Trump violates those rules and is held accountable. The voters in South Carolina votes for Trump because he promised to support the nominee. Their vote was conditioned on him keeping his word. His violation of that is a violation toward the people who voted for him.

What's ridiculous is they haven't even decided they are going to enforce the rules yet and you are acting as if the voters, who Donald lied to, are being violated because they are looking into it.

Politicians should be held accountable when they break their word. And if Donald can't keep this oath, how can we expect that he is going to keep any other?

I suspect that after this election, the GOP will impose something like Superdelegates like the Democrats have to keep their nominating process from being hijacked.

That said, the GOP has a bigger problem than Trump. Trump is merely the rash that it has broken out in.

The GOP's biggest problem is that it's dominated by angry white males who can put a candidate over the top in the nominating process, but can't win a general election because they consistently lose minorities and women by lopsided margins.

They've been able to keep the angry white males to get into line - usually - by blowing the dog whistles blaming government, lawyers, feminists, liberals, secularists and minorities for their declining social and economic status.

Then along comes Trump, who trades in that dog-whistle for a bull-horn, and goes off script by pointing out that the things the 1% want are actually responsible for some (really all) of those woes.

It isn't the first time. Buchanan and Huckabee followed similar populist scripts of combining social conservatism with economic populism. And the GOP managed to rally around establishment candidates who had no chance of winning, but wouldn't submit to the hoi-polloi.

They might still be able to stop Trump, but not until the convention. Cruz would have to win 92% of the remaining delegates to lock it up.

So there isn't going to be a way to keep Trump from getting the nomination without robbing him, and that's a sure fire loser for Cruz, who isn't likable to start with.

Trump hasn't cleared 50% in a single primary yet. The majority of GOP voters DON'T Want him as the nominee. The Convention will reflect that.
Cherry picking.............Only a few states did that for Cruz so far......................

By your own rules......Cruz has even less votes than Trump..............Seems most of the country is voting against him ...............

Dumb ass talking points.............Kasich...........has Won 1 state.......
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The US Congress is not made up of the party with the most votes.

In 2014 the Democrats got 44.9% of the votes but 43.2% of the seats, while the Republicans got 50.7% of the votes and 56.8% of the seats.

How'd that work out? Oh, yeah, because it's not proportional representation.

In 2000 Bush got less votes than Gore, and Gore lost. How'd that work out?

Now all of a sudden you're telling us that the person with the most votes should win, even though all the votes tallied up during the primary are not used. Some states give all their delegates to one candidate, some don't. Don't see you bitching about that.
Again you are stupid........My Congressman got elected by the voters..........aka MY DISTRICT...........

You are fudging the math trying to make it sound like something it isn't.........Every district elects their own Congressman or woman......................By the VOTE.........

To the delegate system..................or each state having different rules.....................Even under the different rules.....winner take all states...........the winner is decided by the VOTES....................

VOTERS..........VOTES...........in each equation decides the winner..............but oh.......another 4 candidates are on the ticket....see.......see......see.......see........he didn't get the majority...............Give me a fucking break.......Trump has WON 18 OF 30 States by the MAJORITY OF THE VOTES..............Cruz has Only 8...................

And that means HE'S LOSING........but the Convention will STEAL IT............because the voters don't matter anymore...........

BS.

It always makes me wonder why people start a post with an insult and then expect to be able to debate afterwards.

No, sorry, I don't do insulters. if you want a reply, try being civil.

Again you understand that the party has no obligation to let us vote to begin with right?

We are also a republic based on the rule of law. There are rules governing how delegates are allocated. You can't possibly be upset when Trump violates those rules and is held accountable. The voters in South Carolina votes for Trump because he promised to support the nominee. Their vote was conditioned on him keeping his word. His violation of that is a violation toward the people who voted for him.

What's ridiculous is they haven't even decided they are going to enforce the rules yet and you are acting as if the voters, who Donald lied to, are being violated because they are looking into it.

Politicians should be held accountable when they break their word. And if Donald can't keep this oath, how can we expect that he is going to keep any other?
Then the GOP needs to be BURNT to the GROUND.............If they don't want to respect the people's voice.....................then they represent TYRANNY and not the will of the people...........

Your defense of this is duly Noted...................because it is obvious you don't give a shit about how it is supposed to work in this country.

trump broke his promise, so other promises aren't binding

what has our elections come to, back in grade school level? just stupid how they want to take out someone so bad they've dreamt up ever loser position they could come up

Stefunny, Gurl.... you are starting to sound like a robot or a puter that is disabled ... the grammar is sketchy .. incomplete thoughts and sentences.

The GOP establishment takes a shit on the base every chance they get, they openly mock the base even brag about winning the 2016 presidential election without the base. What they never calculated was the base together with independents and angry Democrats would wipe out all their establishment candidates.

The GOP establishment takes a shit on the base every chance they get, they openly mock the base even brag about winning the 2016 presidential election without the base. What they never calculated was the base together with independents and angry Democrats would wipe out all their establishment candidates.
We may soon find out if that scenario is true..............if they hyjack the election.....................

Time to burn the parties down because they no longer represent us anyway...............:FIREdevil:

Cherry picking.............Only a few states did that for Cruz so far......................

By your own rules......Cruz has even less votes than Trump..............Seems most of the country is voting against him ...............

Dumb ass talking points.............Kasich...........has Won 1 state.......

You miss the point. The fact is, 60% of Republicans don't want Trump. It is rare for the issue to still be in doubt at this point.

Interesting.... this happened in several states, not just South Carolina.. I f he is no longer going to support the nominee, his delegates don't have to support him

TIME – Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt.

The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his reversal on the pledge Tuesday.

When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore gave credence to the anti-Trump claims.

“Breaking South Carolina’s presidential primary ballot pledge raises some unanswered legal questions that no one person can answer,” he told TIME. “However, a court or national convention Committee on Contests could resolve them. It could put delegates in jeopardy.”

Read more: OOPS! Trump may have just put his South Carolina delegates in jeopardy!

Trump shoots off his mouth without considering the consequences, again
They are starting a fight they won't win....go ahead. I can sit back drink a beer and watch the GOP tears fall when Hillary wins in November because the GOP wants someone OTHER than Trump.

Forum List

Back