Trump-endorsed candidate goes down in stunning landslide defeat in Kansas special election

New York Times calls it...Trump carries Estes across the finish line...

4th kansas.png

But you know the lying liberal news media...even when liberals lose, they'll spin it as a win...watch and see.

Trump had tweeted earlier today: "Ron Estes is running TODAY for Congress in the Great State of Kansas. A wonderful guy, I need his help on Healthcare & Tax Cuts (Reform)."

That tweet won the election for Thompson (the Democrat). Folks hate Trump.

the race was to replace CIA director Mike Pompeo

^^^ :oops-28:...that's embarrassing. :redface:

Trump had tweeted earlier today: "Ron Estes is running TODAY for Congress in the Great State of Kansas. A wonderful guy, I need his help on Healthcare & Tax Cuts (Reform)."

You probably feel silly now........

Since the title of this thread is officially fake news...can it be changed to more readily reflect reality...I like "Trump drags Estes(R) to victory in Kansas Special Election"...but "Republicans retain Kansas 4th Congressional District" would also be acceptable.

All but one precinct reporting, Estes winning by a comfortable 8.3 percent.

And all you Libs that say "blah, blah, blah...Trump won by a lot more...this was close because people turned on Trump"

That is not the reality.

A Kansas (or Missouri for that matter) Democrat is far, FAR closer to my conservative beliefs than your liberal ones. Makes for a much closer contest than Super-Liberal Hillary vs Trump. Trump carried my state by 19 points, but Senator Roy Blunt (R) just barely won re-election versus a more Missouri-esque Democrat...Jason Kander.

Missouri 2016...Trump 56 - Hillary 37

Missouri 2016... Blunt 49 - Kander 46

Last edited:
You see this is just one more example of why it's unwise to predict election results before the votes have been counted. Just as Dewey didn't defeat Truman Thompson didn't defeat Estes.

Blew that one, Buckwheat.

Way to go......

You only reinforce the image of a moronic crap spreading leftwinger.

Ron Estes should of won by an extreme margin. I can't believe it was that close!

52% to 46%....a landslide.....

Trump keeps winning.....and liberal tears still taste good.....

Republican holds on in closely-watched Kansas special House election

Notice that the Republican wins in a landslide...and they call it a stronger-than-expected challenge

With 94 percent of the precincts reporting, Estes had won 52 percent of the vote to 46 percent for Thompson. The Republican's margin was just under 6,500 votes. By contrast, Pompeo's narrowest victory, in 2014, was by just under 70,000 votes.

Forum List

Back