Trump Endorsed McGuire Wins VA-5

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
IMG_3370.jpeg

He beat out another great man who will be now leaving office.

MAGA.

Another sign that the Pubs are eating their own. Good was already a far right congressman, but made the unpardonable sin of endorsing DeSantis.

The good news for Democrats in that Trump’s picks win Pub primaries but have a harder time in the general elections.

We will soon see if this is another Trump pick that goes down in flames.

That was a pretty quiet recount.

I believe Good lost because voters are getting sour on anyone belongs to this "caucus" or that.....much less heads one up.

We send them to congress to represent our districts, not buddy-up ideologically to the point that it has its own identity.

View attachment 988739

He beat out another great man who will be now leaving office.

MAGA.

Won by 309 votes. Not exactly a landslide, from Trump's endorsement, in trumps revenge for Good endorsing DeSantos.​

Trump left red-faced in Virginia after MAGA candidate fails to grab decisive win​

Trump-backed congressional candidates suffered rare losses in Tuesday's primary elections​

Won by 309 votes. Not exactly a landslide, from Trump's endorsement, in trumps revenge for Good endorsing DeSantos.​

Trump left red-faced in Virginia after MAGA candidate fails to grab decisive win​

Trump-backed congressional candidates suffered rare losses in Tuesday's primary elections​

He was up against a good man. I actually leaned Good over him just because I knew Good. He was good.

He was up against a good man. I actually leaned Good over him just because I knew Good. He was good.
It was close. I am not from that state and didn't have a dog in the race. I do not know either candidate enough to have a valid, informed opinion. I was just posting the difference in the common spin of the narrow victory as well as losses of other trump backed candidates recently.

Congressman Bob Good of Virginia officially lost his recount by a little over 300 votes to moderate Republican Joh McGuire. Why? Because Good, leader of the House Freedom Caucus with a 100% conservative voting record, initially endorsed Ron DeSantis, the actual conservative Republican, in the presidential race. After DeSantis dropped out, Good threw his support to Trump, but it didn't matter. The Trump people put a moderate candidate against Good with Trump's backing. They did the same with a couple of other conservative DeSantis backers (Thomas Massie, for instance) but those challenges were unsuccessful.

Good is exactly the kind of staunch conservative Republicans claim they need to get their agenda passed, yet at the same time they back a RINO for president who is taking these people out all because they weren't loyal to him. The right-wing pundits have all been suspiciously quiet about Good's loss.

It's not about the country. It's not about the Republican Party. It is and always will be about Trump and his ego.

Good was also one of eight Republicans to vote out former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, leading the California Republican and his allies to target their efforts against him in the primary, resulting in super PACs spending millions of dollars on McGuire.

Trump also backed McGuire, after being angered that Good initially endorsed DeSantis over him.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, another backer, said the "swamp" did not like Good because he was not in Washington "for power" but was "willing to take on the hard fights."

It was close. I am not from that state and didn't have a dog in the race. I do not know either candidate enough to have a valid, informed opinion. I was just posting the difference in the common spin of the narrow victory as well as losses of other trump backed candidates recently.
No, It's plain to see that you just seem torqued that a Trump backed hopeful won and are trying to minimize the victory.

If that happened with a dem I'd see either "winner" as a bad bargain for Virginia.

Another sign that the Pubs are eating their own. Good was already a far right congressman, but made the unpardonable sin of endorsing DeSantis.

The good news for Democrats in that Trump’s picks win Pub primaries but have a harder time in the general elections.

We will soon see if this is another Trump pick that goes down in flames.
Eating their own? Where were you when the dems ate Biden?

Forum List

Back