Trump flip flops on waterboarding. Add another lie to the list

I was jusssst logging on here to see if someone had started the list.
Maybe I'll edit this from Politico and make it my sig line:

***15 Flip Flops in 15 Days

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days
On his predecessor:
ā€œI think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our historyā€¦President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didnā€™t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.ā€ (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

ā€œI have great respectā€¦I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.ā€ (White House, November 10, 2016)

On anti-Trump protesters:
ā€œJust had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!ā€ (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

ā€œLove the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!ā€ (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:
ā€œItā€™s gotta go.ā€ (CNN, July 30, 2015)

ā€œI like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patientsā€™ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.ā€ (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
ā€œJeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!ā€ (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

ā€œThere could be some fencing.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On gay marriage:
ā€œIf Iā€™m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change thingsā€¦I donā€™t like the way they ruledā€¦I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].ā€ (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

ā€œItā€™s irrelevant because it was already settled. Itā€™s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itā€™s doneā€¦And Iā€™m fine with that.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
ā€œIf I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have beenā€”their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.ā€ (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

ā€œI donā€™t want to hurt the Clintons, I really donā€™tā€¦Itā€™s just not something that I feel very strongly about.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On deporting illegal immigrants:
ā€œWe have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.ā€ (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

ā€œWhat we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
ā€œWell the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.ā€ (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

ā€œWe have some great generals. We have great generals.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, Iā€™ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job theyā€™ve done. Okay? Look at the job theyā€™ve done. They havenā€™t done the job.ā€ (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
ā€œWell I think maybe itā€™s not so bad to have Japan ā€” if Japan had that nuclear threat, Iā€™m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.ā€ (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

ā€œThe @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!ā€ (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

On the Electoral College:
ā€œThe electoral college is a disaster for democracy.ā€ (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

ā€œThe Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!ā€ (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

ā€œI'd rather do the popular vote.ā€ Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the Trump University lawsuit:
ā€œTrump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!ā€ (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

ā€œI don't settle casesā€¦I wonā€™t settle because itā€™s an easy case to win in court.ā€ (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

ā€œI settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our countryā€ (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

On man-made climate change:
ā€œI am not a great believer in man-made climate change.ā€ (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

ā€œI think there is some connectivity. Some, something.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
On the Paris climate agreement:
ā€œWeā€™re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreementā€ (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

ā€œI have an open mind to it." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On torture:
ā€œTorture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guysā€”ā€˜Torture doesnā€™t work!ā€™ā€”believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say itā€™s not actually torture. Letā€™s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.ā€ (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

ā€œ[Mattis] said, ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€¦Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€™ā€¦I was very impressed by that answerā€¦ [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.ā€™ā€™ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œI have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respectā€¦The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
Trump is a much better fiddle player than is Charlie Daniels. He owns the media. He owns the internet. He was given over one billion dollars in free press coverage throughout his campaign and he is still feeding the media sharks in their feeding frenzy. You Liberal loons run under a log eberytime he opens his mouth. He is playing you for the fools you really are. If he doesn't floss his teeth he knows you and the media will sceam for his head. He has reduced Obama and Hillary to almost zero news coverage while he fills every available spot.

Do you fools not realize why he hasn't announced all his Cabinet positions? He releases one or two names daily so he can play the media and you idiots for all you're worh. The man is a genius.

The above is exactly how the deadender circle the wagons diehard Trump cult members are going to sound for the next four years.

Get used to it. Better yet, get used to ignoring it.

The fact that they applaud his fight with the media, like he's still campaigning, instead of setting out a plan and policies, is no surprise. Their heads are empty ornaments, nothing behind the eyes.

But I don't think even Dubya flip-flopped this badly until he was at least one year into office. Trump is 2.5 weeks post-election.
don't ya say! don't look now, but trump will be president on Jan 20.

That's all you have left? Issue by issue Trump is giving you the finger and you want to pretend you don't care. That's hilarious.

Without critical thinking skills, or most likely a barely functioning cerebral cortex, yes, that's all they have left. Trust me, they won't read the 15 flip-flops. Something has to happen in their own backyard before you can get their attention. And it will after January 20.
seems like you're the one concerned and you didn't vote for him. You're a strange bird bubba.

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 ā€” US president-elect Donald Trump said today that advice from a Marine general renowned for his frank talk had convinced him to think again about authorising the torture of detainees.

The Republican tycoon had previously made bloodcurdling pledges to restore waterboarding and ā€œfar, far worseā€ in US detention centres, scorning President Barack Obamaā€™s ban on the practice.

But last weekend Trump sat down with James Mattis, a retired general respected across Washington and the US military for his no-nonsense approach, to discuss naming him defence secretary.

Yesterday, in an interview with the New York Times, Trump said heā€™d been surprised to discover that such an uncompromising commander was opposed to allowing US personnel to torture suspects.

ā€œHe said: ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€™,ā€ he said, adding that Mattis advised building a rapport with detainees: ā€œGive me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€

ā€œI was very impressed by that answer,ā€ Trump told the Times, in a marked U-turn from his campaign mantra: ā€œTorture works, OK? Believe me, it works.ā€

- See more at: Tough general convinces Trump to backtrack on torture

Looks like you Trumpbots finally got John McCain elected. lol
He's flipped on waterboarding, prosecuting Hillary, the Wall, and climate change. What next?

See post #73 - 15 Flip-flops in 15 Days
Jan 20th swearing in ceremony for one Donald Trump. can't wait.

This thread is a perfect illustration of why you should never assume that accommodating the desires of democrats will please them and they will stop hating you. They don't really mean what they complain about, because if they did, they would be happy when Trump listens to an expert and changes a stance to one they support instead of dogmatically adhering to a previous position they supposedly hated. Note that not only are they are not happy, but In fact are complaining that he's changing positions.

The only logical conclusion to draw from this behavior is that democrats value only one thing, partisanship. Thus, when a Republican says something they don't like, he's a homophobe, a bigot, a racist, a misogynist, wears white after Labor Day, eats puppies and doesn't listen to advice. But when he modifies that statement based on input from an expert, he's now a liar too.

It must be very depressing being a democrat. Maybe, though, they're just not accustomed to their leaders ever modifying positions and don't know how to handle it. I mean, Obama hasn't changed a single position in all the years he's been president. Oh, wait, he DID change on one thing. He used to be opposed to gay marriage. I don't recall any democrats saying he lied when he flipped on that one, so obviously they don't care about changing positions and are just ranting uselessly about Trump. Heck, Hillary even flipflopped on that issue and they didn't say she was lying.

Oh, well, they're never going to have anything but irrational hatred for you, so you just have to beat them.
Or it could be people were right in saying Trump had no fucking clue as to the fucked up shit he was saying.
So why do democrats get so mad when Trump says stuff they say they want?

Suck it up Loser. America doesn't feel the way you do.

Survey: U-M Consumer Confidence Index Rises Following Presidential Election

On his predecessor:
ā€œI think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our historyā€¦President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didnā€™t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.ā€ (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

ā€œI have great respectā€¦I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.ā€ (White House, November 10, 2016)

ā€œJust had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!ā€ (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

ā€œLove the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!ā€ (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:

ā€œI like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patientsā€™ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.ā€ (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
ā€œJeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!ā€ (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

On gay marriage:
ā€œIf Iā€™m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change thingsā€¦I donā€™t like the way they ruledā€¦I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].ā€ (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

ā€œItā€™s irrelevant because it was already settled. Itā€™s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itā€™s doneā€¦And Iā€™m fine with that.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
ā€œIf I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have beenā€”their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.ā€ (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

ā€œI donā€™t want to hurt the Clintons, I really donā€™tā€¦Itā€™s just not something that I feel very strongly about.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

ā€œWe have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.ā€ (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

ā€œWhat we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
ā€œWell the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.ā€ (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

ā€œWe have some great generals. We have great generals.ā€ (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, Iā€™ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job theyā€™ve done. Okay? Look at the job theyā€™ve done. They havenā€™t done the job.ā€ (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
ā€œWell I think maybe itā€™s not so bad to have Japan ā€” if Japan had that nuclear threat, Iā€™m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.ā€ (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

ā€œThe @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!ā€ (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œThe electoral college is a disaster for democracy.ā€ (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

ā€œThe Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!ā€ (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

ā€œI'd rather do the popular vote.ā€ Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

ā€œTrump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!ā€ (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

ā€œI don't settle casesā€¦I wonā€™t settle because itā€™s an easy case to win in court.ā€ (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

ā€œI settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our countryā€ (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

ā€œI am not a great believer in man-made climate change.ā€ (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

ā€œI think there is some connectivity. Some, something.ā€ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
ā€œWeā€™re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreementā€ (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

On torture:
ā€œTorture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guysā€”ā€˜Torture doesnā€™t work!ā€™ā€”believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say itā€™s not actually torture. Letā€™s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.ā€ (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

ā€œ[Mattis] said, ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€¦Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€™ā€¦I was very impressed by that answerā€¦ [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.ā€™ā€™ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

ā€œI have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respectā€¦The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)
Trump is a much better fiddle player than is Charlie Daniels. He owns the media. He owns the internet. He was given over one billion dollars in free press coverage throughout his campaign and he is still feeding the media sharks in their feeding frenzy. You Liberal loons run under a log eberytime he opens his mouth. He is playing you for the fools you really are. If he doesn't floss his teeth he knows you and the media will sceam for his head. He has reduced Obama and Hillary to almost zero news coverage while he fills every available spot.

Do you fools not realize why he hasn't announced all his Cabinet positions? He releases one or two names daily so he can play the media and you idiots for all you're worh. The man is a genius.

The above is exactly how the deadender circle the wagons diehard Trump cult members are going to sound for the next four years.

The fact that they applaud his fight with the media, like he's still campaigning, instead of setting out a plan and policies, is no surprise. Their heads are empty ornaments, nothing behind the eyes.

But I don't think even Dubya flip-flopped this badly until he was at least one year into office. Trump is 2.5 weeks post-election.

That's all you have left? Issue by issue Trump is giving you the finger and you want to pretend you don't care. That's hilarious.

Without critical thinking skills, or most likely a barely functioning cerebral cortex, yes, that's all they have left. Trust me, they won't read the 15 flip-flops. Something has to happen in their own backyard before you can get their attention. And it will after January 20.
Your "flip flops" are bullshit and can be assigned to anyone. You belong to the party of bullshit and lies. You got kicked to the curb and sniveling about it changes nothing.

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 ā€” US president-elect Donald Trump said today that advice from a Marine general renowned for his frank talk had convinced him to think again about authorising the torture of detainees.

The Republican tycoon had previously made bloodcurdling pledges to restore waterboarding and ā€œfar, far worseā€ in US detention centres, scorning President Barack Obamaā€™s ban on the practice.

But last weekend Trump sat down with James Mattis, a retired general respected across Washington and the US military for his no-nonsense approach, to discuss naming him defence secretary.

Yesterday, in an interview with the New York Times, Trump said heā€™d been surprised to discover that such an uncompromising commander was opposed to allowing US personnel to torture suspects.

ā€œHe said: ā€˜Iā€™ve never found it to be usefulā€™,ā€ he said, adding that Mattis advised building a rapport with detainees: ā€œGive me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and Iā€™ll do better.ā€

ā€œI was very impressed by that answer,ā€ Trump told the Times, in a marked U-turn from his campaign mantra: ā€œTorture works, OK? Believe me, it works.ā€

He's flipped on waterboarding, prosecuting Hillary, the Wall, and climate change. What next?

Just focus on one, I've asked five times now in this thread. Where does Trump say there will be no waterboarding?

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

your critical thinking skills got you into a world of hurt. we're watching your pain hourly and daily in here. You need some suave?

perhaps you should start taking more fibre to soften your stool, your hemorrhoids must be very sore from all the pushing you've been doing.

Per Obamas change on gay marriage in 2012 we no longer use the term flip flop it's now their view on the issue has evolved.

Just focus on one, I've asked five times now in this thread. Where does Trump say there will be no waterboarding?
bump

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

We will know what Trump does after he is sworn in. All this whining about what he says is useless. We know what Obama has done for America...nothing. Look at the record.

"...about what he says is useless"? WTF?
What he said at rallies meant what?
I'll tell you what is was: chum thrown out to you fucking trained seals. The more you clapped your flippers, the more buckets of chum you would get.
Thanks for confirming what I already knew a long time ago.
What he said at rallies was better received than what Hillary said at rallies. It's called campaigning, Minerva. How old are you...12?

On his predecessor:

On Obamacare:

On the border wall:

On gay marriage:

On locking her up:

On the generals:

On nuclear Japan:

On torture:

On the New York Times:

We will know what Trump does after he is sworn in. All this whining about what he says is useless. We know what Obama has done for America...nothing. Look at the record.

"...about what he says is useless"? WTF?
What he said at rallies meant what?
I'll tell you what is was: chum thrown out to you fucking trained seals. The more you clapped your flippers, the more buckets of chum you would get.
Thanks for confirming what I already knew a long time ago.
What he said at rallies was better received than what Hillary said at rallies. It's called campaigning, Minerva. How old are you...12?
Instead of backing it up she just went and repuked in on another thread.

What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? LOL

Actually, we are laughing at you Trumpsters. You voted for torture and you aren't going to get it.
Actually, Snowflake, we voted for 'NOT Hillary', and we ARE going to get that - NOT Hillary. Anything else is just 'gravy'. :p
A $30 trillion debt is "gravy"? Really?

Fascinating.
I was going to give you a "funny"....but I've opted for a GFY instead. "Good For You".......

If we begin torturing foreign combatants again, the U.S. will forever be reknown for being hypocrites and waging secret wars against whomever we please. Please, Mr. Trump, do not go down that road.

Waterboarding wasn't/isn't classified as torture. Navy SEALs are trained with it and it's against the UCMJ to torture the troops. Where does it say he says waterboarding will not be permitted in his administration?

Of course, repeatedly bringing someone to the brink of death underwater or cloaked with water is not torture. Why don't you go swim in the da Nile for a few weeks. :lol:

I'm kinda relieved about two things --
1) we won't be breaking international law, and

The U.S. makes it up as it goes and writes the book on international law, all while ignoring every sanction or opinion made against us by the U.N., heads of state, citizens of other countries, etc.

Waterboarding wasn't/isn't classified as torture. Navy SEALs are trained with it and it's against the UCMJ to torture the troops. Where does it say he says waterboarding will not be permitted in his administration?

Of course, repeatedly bringing someone to the brink of death underwater or cloaked with water is not torture. Why don't you go swim in the da Nile for a few weeks. :lol:
Why don't you go fuck yourself? "Waterboarding wasn't/isn't classified as torture. Navy SEALs are trained with it and it's against the UCMJ to torture the troops."

All your tears will add salt to your Thanksgiving turkey, Turkey. LOL!!

That's it, sonny, try to put a brave face on it. There's a good boy.

I fully intend to be happy while you will remain the butt hurt and whinning Loser..
Looks like we didn't lose so much after all. What have you gained? Can you tell us?

Forum List

Back