Trump flip flops on waterboarding. Add another lie to the list

He has flip-flopped on almost everything he promised the RWNJ traitors. I do think he will keep his promises to Pooting though. After all, Pooting paid good money for his spot in the Oval Office.

You calling US "traitors" is a hoot, ya sold-out piece of shit.

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 — US president-elect Donald Trump said today that advice from a Marine general renowned for his frank talk had convinced him to think again about authorising the torture of detainees.

The Republican tycoon had previously made bloodcurdling pledges to restore waterboarding and “far, far worse” in US detention centres, scorning President Barack Obama’s ban on the practice.

But last weekend Trump sat down with James Mattis, a retired general respected across Washington and the US military for his no-nonsense approach, to discuss naming him defence secretary.

Yesterday, in an interview with the New York Times, Trump said he’d been surprised to discover that such an uncompromising commander was opposed to allowing US personnel to torture suspects.

“He said: ‘I’ve never found it to be useful’,” he said, adding that Mattis advised building a rapport with detainees: “Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.”

“I was very impressed by that answer,” Trump told the Times, in a marked U-turn from his campaign mantra: “Torture works, OK? Believe me, it works.”

- See more at: Tough general convinces Trump to backtrack on torture

Looks like you Trumpbots finally got John McCain elected. lol
Waterboarding wasn't/isn't classified as torture. Navy SEALs are trained with it and it's against the UCMJ to torture the troops. Where does it say he says waterboarding will not be permitted in his administration?

Of course, repeatedly bringing someone to the brink of death underwater or cloaked with water is not torture. Why don't you go swim in the da Nile for a few weeks. :lol:
Why don't you go fuck yourself? "Waterboarding wasn't/isn't classified as torture. Navy SEALs are trained with it and it's against the UCMJ to torture the troops."

Did I hit a tender spot with my laser beam? :laugh:

You cannot mince words when it comes to torture. Only Americans would listen to such gibberish or tripe.

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 — US president-elect Donald Trump said today that advice from a Marine general renowned for his frank talk had convinced him to think again about authorising the torture of detainees.

The Republican tycoon had previously made bloodcurdling pledges to restore waterboarding and “far, far worse” in US detention centres, scorning President Barack Obama’s ban on the practice.

But last weekend Trump sat down with James Mattis, a retired general respected across Washington and the US military for his no-nonsense approach, to discuss naming him defence secretary.

Yesterday, in an interview with the New York Times, Trump said he’d been surprised to discover that such an uncompromising commander was opposed to allowing US personnel to torture suspects.

“He said: ‘I’ve never found it to be useful’,” he said, adding that Mattis advised building a rapport with detainees: “Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.”

“I was very impressed by that answer,” Trump told the Times, in a marked U-turn from his campaign mantra: “Torture works, OK? Believe me, it works.”

All your tears will add salt to your Thanksgiving turkey, Turkey. LOL!!

That's it, sonny, try to put a brave face on it. There's a good boy.

I fully intend to be happy while you will remain the butt hurt and whinning Loser..
Looks like we didn't lose so much after all. What have you gained? Can you tell us?

Nothing at all yet. My man hasn't taken office.

I fully intend to be happy while you will remain the butt hurt and whinning Loser..
Looks like we didn't lose so much after all. What have you gained? Can you tell us?
Two things:

1. We don't have to hear Hillary screeching for the next 4 years.
2. We got a president who apparently listens to advice and doesn't mind changing course when it's prudent to do so.

I'm kinda relieved about two things --
1) we won't be breaking international law, and

The U.S. makes it up as it goes and writes the book on international law, all while ignoring every sanction or opinion made against us by the U.N., heads of state, citizens of other countries, etc.

Yes indeed. The UN peacekeeping troops raped a whole lot of women didn't they.

The U.S. makes it up as it goes and writes the book on international law, all while ignoring every sanction or opinion made against us by the U.N., heads of state, citizens of other countries, etc.
That's the way it should be. I don't want to live under the UN.

I love how you cherry-picked my quote. The U.N. was only one of my examples among citizens of all countries, idiot.

Again, how does the U.N. fit into this discussion, other than being one source of criticism?

I love how you cherry-picked my quote. The U.N. was only one of my examples among citizens of all countries, idiot.
You're an idiot. You don't get to define torture and I mentioned I don't want to live under the UN, what difference do other examples make? Now go fuck yourself.

Again, how does the U.N. fit into this discussion, other than being one source of criticism?

Well, you are the onbe who keeps bringing up.

You're an idiot. You don't get to define torture and I mentioned I don't want to live under the UN, what difference do other examples make? Now go fuck yourself.

How and where did I define torture, moron? :lol:

Only once as an example. Do you read much? :lol:

How and where did I define torture, moron? :lol:
Right here is where you're implying it's torture.
"Of course, repeatedly bringing someone to the brink of death underwater or cloaked with water is not torture. Why don't you go swim in the da Nile for a few weeks. :lol:"

Did you forget, fuckbreath?

Only once as an example. Do you read much? :lol:

See? You just cannot tear yourself away from the subject.

Two things:

2. We got a president who apparently listens to advice and doesn't mind changing course when it's prudent to do so.

So Trump was wholly unaware of the counter argument to using torture?

LOL

So you ARE disagreeing with Trump?

lol, speak up.

So you ARE disagreeing with Trump?

lol, speak up.
You're insane. I never said where I stand on it and none of your pukes can cite where he said he won't do it.

Hell, if I had known that he was to the Left of Clinton, I might have voted for him!
We tried to tell you he wasn't conservative, but the talking points were out and it was just easier for the haters to think he was.

Oh, we knew he wasn't conservative. But we also knew that he was a self aggrandizing lying asshole, and there was no way to put a dress of that pig.

Two things:

So Trump was wholly unaware of the counter argument to using torture?

LOL
Who knows? All we know is that democrats SHOULD be happy that Trump is apparently coming around on some of the issues they claim to be mad about, but they're not. They're still just as angry and hate filled as before. Makes you realize that when they complain about something a Republican does, it's not what he does that's the problem, it's that he's a Republican.

Hell, if I had known that he was to the Left of Clinton, I might have voted for him!
We tried to tell you he wasn't conservative, but the talking points were out and it was just easier for the haters to think he was.

Oh, we knew he wasn't conservative. But we also knew that he was a self aggrandizing lying asshole, and there was no way to put a dress of that pig.
So you went with a less conservative option, and would do so again even after realizing it?

So you went with a less conservative option, and would do so again even after realizing it?

I sincerely believe that Trump's presidency is going down in history as having made Buchanan, Grant, and Harding presidencies look like genius personified, in comparison.

Forum List

Back