Trump gains minority support from growing economy

It’s 3-4% below its all-time high.
It's below where it was when the year started. Market was doing great till Trump started with his policies...

The S&P 500 is up about 3% this year.

Stocks are up nearly 40% since Trump was elected.
Yes stocks were doing great, and then Trump policies started taking effect...

Wages are stagnant.

Incorrect.

Wages have been rising about 3% after inflation.
Not sure where you have seen that. I'm seeing lower:
Companies Can't Hold the Line on U.S. Wages Much Longer

The April jobs report revealed that wage growth remains tepid, rising just 2.6 percent from a year earlier.

Using headline measures of the consumer price index, the news is even more disappointing, with average real wages up just 0.2 percent from a year ago. Real wage growth in this range would be well below productivity gains, which have averaged 1.3 percent the past four quarters, and inconsistent with the lowest unemployment rate since 2000. Nevertheless, I expect wages to rise in line with inflation, keeping growth in real wages in a 1 percent to 1.5 percent range. That’s anemic, but consistent with conditions just prior to the last recession.

I stand corrected.

And you're advocating for an en masse absorption of more illegals to add to the millions already here sucking down our 'borrowed' (in the red) resources.. Don't bother giving me the "they contribute and pay taxes" spiel... They collectively are a huge net burden to, and misdirection of our finite resources!
We could be Making money, not Losing money; you right wingers are simply lousy Capitalists.
Where was our 8 years of tutelage in how to do that, under Obama? I'm kidding, I shouldn't be responding at all as that validates your preposterously ignorant assertion.... sorry about that. lol

The problem is that the economy isn't growing.

LOL Trump and governor Walker just scored 13,000 jobs, a $10 billion dollar manufacturing plant, and $52 billion in revenue for the great citizens of Wisconsin. Trump is winning at a furious pace try to keep up. MAGA!
They spent 4 billion in tax dollars on a foreign company that will send it's profits back to China. WI won't break even for 25 years, will Foxconn still be in business in 10? Could be a huge waste of tax dollars.

Governor Walker said it will bring $52 billion to the state, sorry swing and a miss sour puss lib. :itsok:
And how long will that take? So you are for big government? You think we should pay off companies with tax dollars? Now that we are giving away billions, where will all these tax dollars come from?

:206: I'm a sour grapes liberal :206: Trump is winning :206:

LOL Trump and governor Walker just scored 13,000 jobs, a $10 billion dollar manufacturing plant, and $52 billion in revenue for the great citizens of Wisconsin. Trump is winning at a furious pace try to keep up. MAGA!

You missed your chance open border anti ICE democrats!!!!!
Lets see ya impeach him now suckers......

These Leftists are just phony-baloneys. We know, and they know, that GDP has a good chance at coming in at a crooked number...….meaning 5%. That hasn't happened since 2003!

Now I have posted all over this board what the chances of the LEFT doing ANYTHING in the midterms becomes if it comes in over 4%, or hits 5%, lol. But let me put it in terms that even LEFTISTS with a sign in their hand marching around can understand------------> You are screwed, so screwed, do not pass go, and do not collect 200 dollars!

We know you are getting MORE belligerent because it is all caving in on you LEFTISTS, lol. Guess what! Welcome to America, and welcome to reality. Everyone knew that if a Conservative economically got in the Presidency, you were screwed. Your nonsense about the economy was fostered, so your side could CONTROL it; to the detriment of jobs. You are now going to be exposed for what you really are, and if I was the REAL Democrats, I would be plotting in preparation, to regain control of a once proud party that has been hijacked by MARXISTS!

The left have lost all credibility. They are trying to run the 2006-2008 playbook against Trump, constantly harping how horrible the economy is only Trump keeps scoring huge wins proving them liars.

The key question for the rest of the year, however, is whether the first half of the year’s major points of uncertainty become concrete changes to the macroeconomic environment in the second, and whether those changes will extend what’s already a historically long bull market, or bring it to a halt.

Investors look to the second half of 2018 expecting growth—amid rising uncertainties

Small business owner confidence is at an all time high. Global CEO confidence exceeded 50% for the first time ever. Obama's best score 33%.

And you're advocating for an en masse absorption of more illegals to add to the millions already here sucking down our 'borrowed' (in the red) resources.. Don't bother giving me the "they contribute and pay taxes" spiel... They collectively are a huge net burden to, and misdirection of our finite resources!
We could be Making money, not Losing money; you right wingers are simply lousy Capitalists.
Where was our 8 years of tutelage in how to do that, under Obama? I'm kidding, I shouldn't be responding at all as that validates your preposterously ignorant assertion.... sorry about that. lol
He was busy doing the "heavy lifting" in turning our economy around. And, the already rich had to get bailed out.

They spent 4 billion in tax dollars on a foreign company that will send it's profits back to China. WI won't break even for 25 years, will Foxconn still be in business in 10? Could be a huge waste of tax dollars.

Governor Walker said it will bring $52 billion to the state, sorry swing and a miss sour puss lib. :itsok:
And how long will that take? So you are for big government? You think we should pay off companies with tax dollars? Now that we are giving away billions, where will all these tax dollars come from?

winning what? our economy is slowing down and we still massive debt to pay.

US federal spending is Up One Hundred Thirty-Eight percent. US Debt is up One Hundred Sixty-Nine percent.

You missed your chance open border anti ICE democrats!!!!!
Lets see ya impeach him now suckers......

These Leftists are just phony-baloneys. We know, and they know, that GDP has a good chance at coming in at a crooked number...….meaning 5%. That hasn't happened since 2003!

Now I have posted all over this board what the chances of the LEFT doing ANYTHING in the midterms becomes if it comes in over 4%, or hits 5%, lol. But let me put it in terms that even LEFTISTS with a sign in their hand marching around can understand------------> You are screwed, so screwed, do not pass go, and do not collect 200 dollars!

We know you are getting MORE belligerent because it is all caving in on you LEFTISTS, lol. Guess what! Welcome to America, and welcome to reality. Everyone knew that if a Conservative economically got in the Presidency, you were screwed. Your nonsense about the economy was fostered, so your side could CONTROL it; to the detriment of jobs. You are now going to be exposed for what you really are, and if I was the REAL Democrats, I would be plotting in preparation, to regain control of a once proud party that has been hijacked by MARXISTS!

The left have lost all credibility. They are trying to run the 2006-2008 playbook against Trump, constantly harping how horrible the economy is only Trump keeps scoring huge wins proving them liars.

The key question for the rest of the year, however, is whether the first half of the year’s major points of uncertainty become concrete changes to the macroeconomic environment in the second, and whether those changes will extend what’s already a historically long bull market, or bring it to a halt.

Investors look to the second half of 2018 expecting growth—amid rising uncertainties

Small business owner confidence is at an all time high. Global CEO confidence exceeded 50% for the first time ever. Obama's best score 33%.
lol. Yeah, with All of that Government spending not Market based spending. Who wouldn't be Confident.

US federal spending is Up One Hundred Thirty-Eight percent. US Debt is up One Hundred Sixty-Nine percent.

Sounds like you don't have an answer. And yes you do sound like a liberal. Real conservatives wouldn't applaud giving 4 billion in tax dollars to a foreign company.

Sounds like you don't have an answer. And yes you do sound like a liberal. Real conservatives wouldn't applaud giving 4 billion in tax dollars to a foreign company.

Spare us your faux rage liberal. As for your pathetic math skills you know what the difference is between $4 billion in tax incentives and $52 billion in revenue to the state, yeah pretty much $52 billion. Here I'll laugh in your face :auiqs.jpg:

winning what? our economy is slowing down and we still massive debt to pay.

U're all over the map there buddy, talking out of both sides of your mouth. There is an interconnection between your disparate assertions, yet U seem oblivious to this, lol. You're talking debt here (logical) and in the next breath advocating for MASSIVE outlays of entitlement expenditures for criminal aliens crashing here (emotional). We all must submit ourselves to the intellectual exercise of fleshing out our ideologies in a multifaceted yet congruous compromise. U are no exception to this my friend!

Spare us your faux rage liberal. As for your pathetic math skills you know what the difference is between $4 billion in tax incentives and $52 billion in revenue to the state, yeah pretty much $52 billion. Here I'll laugh in your face :auiqs.jpg:
I know that the state isn't expected to break even for 25 years. And there is a real good chance that plant won't even be there in 25 years.

Where do you get $52 billion from?

One study says the state will recoup its incentives in the 2040s, though I don’t know if that’s true or not.

As Foxconn Breaks Ground in Wisconsin, the Costs to Taxpayers Go Up

I know that the state isn't expected to break even for 25 years. And there is a real good chance that plant won't even be there in 25 years.

You know jack shit lib, $52 billion to the state suck it.

One study says the state will recoup its incentives in the 2040s, though I don’t know if that’s true or not.

Governor Walker.

You know jack shit lib, $52 billion to the state suck it.
If you know so much, explain how that number is calculated.

Foxconn deal raises concerns of taxpayer giveaways
“The state is grossly overspending on a very risky deal. Even by its own math, the state says it won’t break even for 25 years. In high tech, that’s three lifetimes,” said Greg LeRoy, who heads Good Jobs First, a watchdog group that tracks lavish incentive packages states and cities give to corporations.

Governor Walker.

So this?

Weekly Media Roundup: Wisconsin’s Future Looks Bright! | Governor Scott Walker

Forum List

Back