Trump going after military industrial complex for cost overruns ...

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Bravo, the military suppliers are just used to charging more and getting paid. Damned time they are accountable for under bidding and over billing. First it was Air Force One, now it's the F35s. Time for some accountability.

Won't it be sweet if he goes after social programs with the same vigor? I sure hope he does

Bravo, the military suppliers are just used to charging more and getting paid. Damned time they are accountable for under bidding and over billing. First it was Air Force One, now it's the F35s. Time for some accountability.

Won't it be sweet if he goes after social programs with the same vigor? I sure hope he does
Price will if he doesn't.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Good on him, but the MIC runs the country at the end of day. Permanent War is the goal. Military spending will continue to increase. Not much the President can do about that. Any President that seriously takes on the MIC, will be risking his or her life.

JFK was the last President to take on the MIC and Federal Reserve. And we all know how that turned out. All politicians got the message loud & clear. No President since, has dared to follow JFK's lead.

I'm willing to forgo Christmas if we can all agree to just skip ahead to Jan 20.

Yep. Hopefully, he cuts out food programs for children and they starve, because hey, we just want to make sure they get into this world, then once they're here it's, fuck you kid, you're on your own.

Yep. Hopefully, he cuts out food programs for children and they starve, because hey, we just want to make sure they get into this world, then once they're here it's, fuck you kid, you're on your own.

Maine did a pretty good job cutting down on their food stamp program, and believe it or not, no starving children either.

Maine Food Stamp Work Requirement Cuts Non-Parent Caseload by 80 Percent

You probably won't bother going to the story, so in short, they required anybody without children to do one of three things to receive food stamps: One was to be enrolled in a vocational school. Two was to have a job working at least 20 hours a week. Three was to do voluntary work for 20 hours a month. Guess what? It turns out a lot of those people weren't that hungry after all. They dropped out of the program.

Trump won't be touching the F-35 after the Carrier deal.

What's better is that everybody knows they are on red alert. Those Congress critters wanting to bring money back home anyway they can will really have to watch what they vote on.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Great move! The f35 is a piece of crap and we should of never canceled the f22.

How Different is this from Hillary Clinton's Promise to Wall Street to allow them to make absurd amounts of money off of her "DEAD SOLDIERS FOR DOLLARS" program when she declared to Wall Street that she would go to war with Syria, Iran and Russia, and that war in the Middle East should be looked at as an "Investment Opportunity?"

Last edited:

I'll believe he is serious once he starts cutting off the parasite sucking the blood from the US taxpayer aka ISRAEL. Hopefully with his jobs programs,forcing companies to stay here and invest here etc we can cut back on social programs. It would be nice for people to be able to WORK and not need welfare.

Trump ran on increasing military spending. What in the flying fuck is the OP talking about?
Trump's bitching about the F-35 costs. It is incredibly expensive. Whether the military opted for more tech than science can deliver is the question. Lockheed isn't taking a loss though.

Trump ran on increasing military spending. What in the flying fuck is the OP talking about?
Trump's bitching about the F-35 costs. It is incredibly expensive. Whether the military opted for more tech than science can deliver is the question. Lockheed isn't taking a loss though.
Again Trump will not touch the F-35 after the Carrier deal. All he cares about is his image, and if Carrier's parent company threatens to humiliate him by sending away those 800 jobs he "saved" if he does anything about F-35 spending, he will back down.

Again Trump will not touch the F-35 after the Carrier deal. All he cares about is his image, and if Carrier's parent company threatens to humiliate him by sending away those 800 jobs he "saved" if he does anything about F-35 spending, he will back down.
Trump should make them an offer they can't refuse.

Spending is one thing, waste is another.

Apparently Old School is not only not aware of this, he also doesn't realize that Nazism, like Communism and Fascism are actually Left on the political spectrum, not right, or even Alt + Right. But then, he probably gets his news from Tosh 2.0 like most lefties. or the fake media, like CNN.

I don't think Trump is the kind of president who would say, "DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND" and then cry to mommy when Syria stepped over it.
Did Trump draw any such lines or is he simply stating the obvious that there are a lot of inefficiencies in our GOV spending, and equipment procurement processes?

Trump should make them an offer they can't refuse.
He already did. He promised them tons of special tax deals and didn't even ask them to keep most of the jobs they were going to send to Mexico. And probably gave Carrier's parent company a wink and a nod that the government will continue throwing money at them for F-35 engines.

I don't think Trump is the kind of president who would say, "DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND" and then cry to mommy when Syria stepped over it.
Did Trump draw any such lines or is he simply stating the obvious that there are a lot of inefficiencies in our GOV spending, and equipment procurement processes?
Everybody says that. Regardless, Trump ran on giving them more money.

Forum List

Back