Trump Golf Course Gets Tax Break By Claiming To Have 12 Goats

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Curtis, a former high school principal in Roxbury, seethes over the imbalances in town. While he pays more than $9,600 in annual property taxes on the undeveloped portion of his 2½-acre lot, some of his neighbors pay only a few hundred dollars on significant portions of their multi-acre estates thanks to farm assessments.

“This law has morphed into a scam that wealthy people, with large tracts of land, have adopted as their own personal tax-reduction scheme,” Curtis said.

No one is doing me a favor while I pay $4,683.32 per acre in tax, while these 155 entitled folks are paying $6.88 per acre,” he said.

What they are actually doing is transferring their tax bill to the 2,126 non-assessed property owners in town,” Curtis added, citing data from 2021. “It has to be understood: This is a tax transfer, not a tax break.”

In Bedminster, former President Donald Trump enjoys a farm tax break for a portion of his Trump National Golf Club.

The club’s 2024 property tax bill comes to $450,000 for its 320 conventionally taxed acres — a rate of $1,406 per acre — and $1,168 for its farmland, or just $6.38 an acre.

That’s a saving of almost $257,000, Curtis calculates. “Donald Trump charges a $350,000 membership fee to anyone who wants to join his club,” he said. “I hardly believe that Mr. Trump needs a 98% tax reduction when one new membership would more than pay for the taxes he is avoiding.”

So that’s the tax policy driving people out of the state.

Curtis, a former high school principal in Roxbury, seethes over the imbalances in town. While he pays more than $9,600 in annual property taxes on the undeveloped portion of his 2½-acre lot, some of his neighbors pay only a few hundred dollars on significant portions of their multi-acre estates thanks to farm assessments.

“This law has morphed into a scam that wealthy people, with large tracts of land, have adopted as their own personal tax-reduction scheme,” Curtis said.

No one is doing me a favor while I pay $4,683.32 per acre in tax, while these 155 entitled folks are paying $6.88 per acre,” he said.

What they are actually doing is transferring their tax bill to the 2,126 non-assessed property owners in town,” Curtis added, citing data from 2021. “It has to be understood: This is a tax transfer, not a tax break.”

In Bedminster, former President Donald Trump enjoys a farm tax break for a portion of his Trump National Golf Club.

The club’s 2024 property tax bill comes to $450,000 for its 320 conventionally taxed acres — a rate of $1,406 per acre — and $1,168 for its farmland, or just $6.38 an acre.

That’s a saving of almost $257,000, Curtis calculates. “Donald Trump charges a $350,000 membership fee to anyone who wants to join his club,” he said. “I hardly believe that Mr. Trump needs a 98% tax reduction when one new membership would more than pay for the taxes he is avoiding.”

I’m sure you had no problem with the liberal Jon Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springstein being “fake farmers” to avoid taxes.

/-----/ Go complain to Lame Duck Joe. But don't look for him at the convention. He was sent packing on day one.

www.politico.com › newsletters › weekly-agricultureBehind Biden’s plan to bump up farm subsidies - POLITICO

May 2, 2022 · BIDEN LOOKS TO BOOST FARM SUBSIDIES: As part of a $33 billion funding request for Ukraine, the Biden administration last week proposed sending $500 million to American farmers.

BTW, it all started during the Depression with Hoover and FDR.

thats the way wealthy people are skewy....do think trump is the only one doing things like this?...oh wait thats right ...you are one of the democrat cultist...sorry....

I’m sure you had no problem with the liberal Jon Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springstein being “fake farmers” to avoid taxes.

i don't care who they are. on either side.

if the tax definition of "farm" is being gamed , there are peaceful means to snange the tax policy uf that is necessary.

Why doesent curtis buy some goats?

Actually, I have a big problem with it, and agree with the Republican quoted in the article.

There is no such thing as a tax break.

There is only a tax transfer.

When you give one group a tax cut.

You give another group a tax hike.

Actually, I have a big problem with it, and agree with the Republican quoted in the article.

There is no such thing as a tax break.

There is only a tax transfer.

When you give one group a tax cut.

You give another group a tax hike.
Hmmmmm. How would a SNAP card leach know anything about tax breaks skrewey???

/——/ “The tax code is fuc*ed up”
What was your first clue?

Two things here;

Poor people don't write the tax code.

There should be no loopholes written into any tax codes.

You make this much money? You owe this much tax.

Period.

You own this much real estate? You owe this much tax.

Period.

You have this much capital gain? You owe this much tax.

Period.

No loopholes. No exemptions. No exceptions. No write offs. No pass throughs. No depreciations. No deductions.

Period.

i don't care who they are. on either side.

if the tax definition of "farm" is being gamed , there are peaceful means to snange the tax policy uf that is necessary.
Show us the way. In the same direction, every rich enclave with mostly progressives living in them, build the low-income housing there first. Start with Marthas Vinyard.

Can you people please stop with being upset about Trump taking advantage of the tax credits, deductions, and incentives? He doesn’t hide them and has even pointed out that wealthy elite liberals who run your party take advantage of the US Tax Code just like he does.

Come back when he is President and itemizing used underwear donations to Goodwill.

Two things here;

Poor people don't write the tax code.

There should be no loopholes written into any tax codes.

You make this much money? You owe this much tax.

Period.

You own this much real estate? You owe this much tax.

Period.

You have this much capital gain? You owe this much tax.

Period.

No loopholes. No exemptions. No exceptions. No write offs. No pass throughs. No depreciations. No deductions.

Period.
Never happen. You dims want to overtax the "rich"...which is really your ilk...to make up for what part of the population doesn't pay any taxes. Your billionaires play the loophole game to avoid the taxes, so its always us in the middle class with jobs making up the difference to pay for your sucking off the government teat.

Forum List

Back