Trump has a plan to give green cards to military-age males from China

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Xiden, eh?

Every accusation is a confession.

More than a quarter of foreign college students come from the country Trump loves to pillory.

Generally, Donald Trump’s rhetoric on immigration tends toward the hyperbolic and alarmist. Like many in his party, for example, he has taken to referring to those seeking to come to the United States as “military-aged males,” a pejorative ignoring that “military-aged” is also “prime working age” and overlooking the large percentage of immigrants who are women, children or men traveling with their families.

More recently, he has suggested that an increase in people seeking to emigrate from China is a sign that the Chinese government is building an army (small and poorly equipped) within the United States — an easier admission than that the strong economy continues to be a draw for immigrants. And yet, in a podcast discussion on Thursday, Trump also proposed granting permanent residency to tens of thousands of military-age men from China.
Though he might not have known it.

“What I wanted to do, and what I will do is, you graduate from a college, I think you should get automatically as part of your diploma a green card to be able to stay in this country,” Trump said on the “All-In” podcast. The idea, he added, would apply to anyone graduating from a two- or four-year institution.

Xiden, eh?

More than a quarter of foreign college students come from the country Trump loves to pillory.

Generally, Donald Trump’s rhetoric on immigration tends toward the hyperbolic and alarmist. Like many in his party, for example, he has taken to referring to those seeking to come to the United States as “military-aged males,” a pejorative ignoring that “military-aged” is also “prime working age” and overlooking the large percentage of immigrants who are women, children or men traveling with their families.

More recently, he has suggested that an increase in people seeking to emigrate from China is a sign that the Chinese government is building an army (small and poorly equipped) within the United States — an easier admission than that the strong economy continues to be a draw for immigrants. And yet, in a podcast discussion on Thursday, Trump also proposed granting permanent residency to tens of thousands of military-age men from China.

“What I wanted to do, and what I will do is, you graduate from a college, I think you should get automatically as part of your diploma a green card to be able to stay in this country,” Trump said on the “All-In” podcast. The idea, he added, would apply to anyone graduating from a two- or four-year institution.
What? Do you really expect him to think before he speaks?

Yeah, the right wing loons are so worried about Chinese people coming across the border. Now, if the blob gets his way, they can fly right in after enrolling in college, and once they graduate, get to stay here.

It should be fun to watch the calories they burn trying to both support the blob and state why they no longer fear 20-30 y/o Chinese men getting to stay here...and have access to as much weaponry as they can afford.

What? Do you really expect him to think before he speaks?

Yeah, the right wing loons are so worried about Chinese people coming across the border. Now, if the blob gets his way, they can fly right in after enrolling in college, and once they graduate, get to stay here.

It should be fun to watch the calories they burn trying to both support the blob and state why they no longer fear 20-30 y/o Chinese men getting to stay here...and have access to as much weaponry as they can afford.

They'll support what ever he tells them to support. They are already folding in the other thread about this green card for every college graduate.

If America is going to be accepting immigrants, what's wrong with accepting Educated immigrants who know English?

We have enough people in the country able to serve coffee and do landscaping.

Xiden, eh?

Trump said college grads from foreign countries should get a green card. But I'm sure there will be conditions to that.

Forum List

Back