Trump is considering ending Japan Defense Pact

Japan was never a member of SEATO and SEATO was disbanded in 1977.

Where was aqll the crying when SEATO was disbanded.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It does not one bit surprise me that Trump is not interested in defending Japan.

His allies are dictators like Kim Jong Un and Putin. He would even prefer the Chinese because "he likes strong leaders".

Trump is a danger to the US and the whole world, and he is proving it by his acts. Every day this traitor is changing the course of US politics and the US's alliances.
You know what? This is getting a little scary. Why is Trump pulling out of every alliance and deal we've got? What is his real goal here? This is too many to be just "cleaning things up."
Who said this guy isn't isolationist? Can we go by what he's up to?

His goal is to weaken America as much as possible, which will in turn usher in globalism at a much faster rate.
We can be allies but why does it have to be at our expense? What good is an Ally that can’t help you because they can’t helpthemselves?

We originally did not want Japan to be a military power so we demanded they limit their forces and we would protect them

Japan has been peaceful for 75 years and is capable of providing their own defense

Trump consistently makes statements that are isolationist. He never makes statements that would counter him being an isolationist. He acts like an isolationist. I can't think of a single policy he has really pushed that would oppose isolationism.

And yet here we are with people still trying to claim he is not and are surprised when he makes statements that are clearly isolationist.

And Japan (like S Korea) does pay part of the cost of hosting our forces there.

Japan and South Korea pay a lot for us to be over there. I was stationed in Japan once and South Korea twice in the USAF. We have a constantly evolving defense strategy with both countries which is mutually beneficial. Japan and South Korea are both great allies and friends.

The OP's title is misguided and dishonest.

Forum List

Back