trump is preparing to call a National Emergency

you're the exception to republican rule lol

The vanquished MUST cry Uncle and 'recognize themselves subdued,' as the Prophet stated in Islamic texts.
SORRY Lee your ass is grass
Ezekiel 25:17
Samuel L. Jackson

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know
My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

Wh-wh-what???

It just means Lee you're up to your neck in doo doo and you better change your ways

:5_1_12024:

Go ahead and make veiled threats. All you will do is make people aware of you who weren't aware of you before your veiled threat.

Not a smart move.

Trump calls the emergency to build the wall. Government gets back open.

The government doesn't open if Trump declares and emergency. The House and Senate still would have to pass a budget to bring the people back to work.

Then under the law the Congress gets to vote on a Joint Resolution to undo the emergency which McConnell will hate because he dosen't want GOP Senators on the record.. The house will pass it in a hot minute.
.>>>>

The government would reopen because the wall will not be part of the spending bill. It will come out of the defense fund. The Senate will pass it and Trump will sign it.

Congress also has to authorize the money to be spent on a wall. If he tries this without authorization, it will be tied up in the courts.

Good. So tie it up in courts. By the time it gets to the Supreme Court, Ginsburg will be retired and our people get to decide the case.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

This is an interesting one. Look at a couple of national emergency declarations.

A. Companies can't sell goods to Syria.
B. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions With Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism

Pretty standard fare for them...

So right now we have companies... for example farmers that have for decades been hiring illegal immigrants, not taking basic steps to determine their status and at times even hiding their status from authorities (a golf club hid illegal immigrants off of Secret Service lists when the president visited, and a modeling agency which helped foreign models on tourist visa's illegally work in the US.

So if this is truly a national emergency, what do we do with these companies and their leaders who have actually helped cause this national emergency? Should a farmer be treated like a company that had been knowingly bringing in and housing Al Qaeda cells in the USA? Both were actively supporting the cause of a national emergency. Should we treat the owner of a company like Trump National Golf Club like a company that was funneling supplies to ISIS in Syria then hiding it from the feds?

Forum List

Back