BREAKING: Donald Trump calls on the Supreme Court to step in before July 11 sentencing

SCOTUS will not intervene. That’s my prediction. And barring something unanticipated, they will be correct in staying out of it until it is properly before then on appeal (if it gets that far).

After the appellate division rules against Trump, the next appeal will be to the NY Court of Appeals. Assuming they shit on Justice, too, then and only then is the case going to be properly before the SCOTUS.

A further prediction: they are likely to hold that it is ok for a prosecutor to not prove all of the elements of the “other crime” in cases like this. But, they must still prove the requisite intent for that “other” crime and a verdict on it does demand unanimity.

Here, there is no way on Earth to divine if the jury was unanimous on which “other crime” Trump supposedly “intended” to commit or conceal.

Idiot Bragg didn’t want to be specific. He wanted a wide net. But the best way to have avoided a likely reversal would have been to set forth the ONE “other crime” he was relying upon, instead of THREE. THAT WOULD gut any concern about a non-unanimous verdict.

So, the verdict is very likely to finally be reversed.

SCOTUS will not intervene. That’s my prediction. And barring something unanticipated, they will be correct in staying out of it until it is properly before then on appeal (if it gets that far).

After the appellate division rules against Trump, the next appeal will be to the NY Court of Appeals. Assuming they shit on Justice, too, then and only then is the case going to be properly before the SCOTUS.

A further prediction: they are likely to hold that it is ok for a prosecutor to not prove all of the elements of the “other crime” in cases like this. But, they must still prove the requisite intent for that “other” crime and a verdict on it does demand unanimity.

Here, there is no way on Earth to divine if the jury was unanimous on which “other crime” Trump supposedly “intended” to commit or conceal.

Idiot Bragg didn’t want to be specific. He wanted a wide net. But the best way to have avoided a likely reversal would have been to set forth the ONE “other crime” he was relying upon, instead of THREE. THAT WOULD gut any concern about a non-unanimous verdict.

So, the verdict is very likely to finally be reversed.
Well, my information says a few things differently. I don't know why you think scotus won't take the case? There are obviously cases that have national and urgent issues that affect all Americans. If Trump can get this to the scotus, he needs to do exactly that. The whole country is affected. For one thing, we don't want dims getting any more support than they already have bc of this.. Some not too bright people will believe their BS on this. And there are many reasons why it should be heard by the scotus. I've never seen so many problems in a case. And I believe you are totally off to (apparently) assume that Merchan didn't fully realize how reversible the case would be? He's (allegedly) an attorney so he knows.. he just didn't CARE. All those assholes wanted was to be able to use the words Convicted felon. They know they can't win at the ballot box.

Well, my information says a few things differently. I don't know why you think scotus won't take the case? There are obviously cases that have national and urgent issues that affect all Americans. If Trump can get this to the scotus, he needs to do exactly that. The whole country is affected. For one thing, we don't want dims getting any more support than they already have bc of this.. Some not too bright people will believe their BS on this. And there are many reasons why it should be heard by the scotus. I've never seen so many problems in a case. And I believe you are totally off to (apparently) assume that Merchan didn't fully realize how reversible the case would be? He's (allegedly) an attorney so he knows.. he just didn't CARE. All those assholes wanted was to be able to use the words Convicted felon. They know they can't win at the ballot box.
They need jurisdiction. Right now, they lack it.

They can eventually take it on a proper appeal. But that requires that the lower appellate courts address it first.

The hubris of this lawfare from these people is off the charts!
SCOTUS must intervene and put an end to this madness!
Why?

Almost 10,000 people have been given felony convictions in NY for what Trump did

Why?

Almost 10,000 people have been given felony convictions in NY for what Trump did
Cool, a new talking point. You m'fers can't clearly delineate what exactly Trump did .

🙄

The Trump cultists have all been so accurate with their predictions before, we should all trust their predictions now.

AHAAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

View attachment 956545
His legal team is already taking steps to move this through the lower courts.

Trump's crack legal team???? The ever changing gang of miscreants who have lost every single case so far????

I realize that it's really fucking hard to win the cases when your client is so obviously GUILTY, but Trump spent $100 million on legal fees last year and THIS is the result!!!!

Bush and Biden are Uniparty allies.

And you vote for both of them.

YAY!

:rolleyes:

1717641301821.png

Forum List

Back