Trump is right to call it "treason"...

Its not illegal for one president to ask another to do him a favor. He did not ask anyone to make up false dirt against a political opponent. The favor was only in regards to computer servers, and that was it. He asked if they could help get down to the bottom of what happened. Now prove that should be interpreted as looking for false dirt... and not looking for the truth into what happened.
It is illegal when said president asking for favors is running in the same election as the target of his favors.

Well, its funny that when I read the transcript i don't see Biden's name brought up 7 or 8 times, I don't see Trump asking for dirt either 7 or 8 times. The favor had to do with the Crowd strike thing... the servers.. and Trump was asking him to find the truth, not to make something up .. AS PRESENTED TO US BY SCHIFF ! Sorry but we all know the Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump for the last 3 years.... then supprise supprise a secret CIA operative comes by with faulty 2nd hand info. I just cant believe you don't see the corruption here. I don't have to like President Trump one bit to see that these actions are bordering on criminal ...if not criminal.

Trump brought up Biden and his son 3 times. He mentioned Crowdstrike only once.

Maybe I missed something, i thought there were only two sentences... and Zelenski did most of the talking about Biden , not Trump. There was no Quid Pro Quo

Further more Trump simply said "whatever you can do would be great" .... Whatever you can do??? that could be anything... I hardly call that pressure, Which is why Schiff had to do his editorializing... to make things appear much much worse. If he simply read the transcript straight he would have gotten no reaction.

After explicitly connecting US aid to the Ukraine with a 'favor' that Trump wanted them to do: the investigations into crowdstrike and the Bidens. With Trump personally holding back the aid the aid to Ukraine. A message that the Ukrainians were made to understand quite clearly, as demonstrated by the Ukrainian summary of the conversation BEFORE the whistleblower complaint was made public.

"Donald Trump expressed his conviction that the new Ukrainian government will be able to quickly improve Ukraine’s image and complete the investigation of corruption cases that have held back cooperation between the Ukraine and the United States."

The qui quo pro was clearly understood by the Ukraine. And clearly communicated by Trump. And also, not the basis of the impeachment inquiry.

Again, there's no question that Trump explicitly solicited an investigation into his chief political rival from a foreign government. That, all by itself is impeachable. And Trump has long since admitted to that. The quid quo pro is just sleezy corruption gravy.

("Donald Trump expressed his conviction that the new Ukrainian government will be able to quickly improve Ukraine’s image and complete the investigation of corruption cases that have held back cooperation between the Ukraine and the United States.")

Who made that quote? Where in the phone call did Trump say investigation cases was holding back US cooperation? Trumps call was also all about talking to a newly elected President in the Ukraine, so its not suprising that he would be making positive overatures to him.

And heres the other thing. If Biden actually did commit some sort of crime in the Ukraine..... it is NOT digging up dirt to try to determine that. It's only digging up dirt if you are asking someone to lie or make shit up. Trump in no way did that. The truth is truth. Seeking or asking for the truth is not an impeachable offense. This seems to be lost on everyone , if Biden commited no crime, there will be nothing to get to the bottom of simple as that. A Vice president using his influence wrongly in a foreign country to enrich his kid.. Would if true, be a very impeachable offense.
seems to me, the Democrats have made this strike against trump as an effort to stop any investigation into wrong doing, and actually that could be seen as obstruction.

Its not illegal for one president to ask another to do him a favor. He did not ask anyone to make up false dirt against a political opponent. The favor was only in regards to computer servers, and that was it. He asked if they could help get down to the bottom of what happened. Now prove that should be interpreted as looking for false dirt... and not looking for the truth into what happened.
It is illegal when said president asking for favors is running in the same election as the target of his favors.

Well, its funny that when I read the transcript i don't see Biden's name brought up 7 or 8 times, I don't see Trump asking for dirt either 7 or 8 times. The favor had to do with the Crowd strike thing... the servers.. and Trump was asking him to find the truth, not to make something up .. AS PRESENTED TO US BY SCHIFF ! Sorry but we all know the Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump for the last 3 years.... then supprise supprise a secret CIA operative comes by with faulty 2nd hand info. I just cant believe you don't see the corruption here. I don't have to like President Trump one bit to see that these actions are bordering on criminal ...if not criminal.

Maybe I missed something, i thought there were only two sentences... and Zelenski did most of the talking about Biden , not Trump. There was no Quid Pro Quo

Further more Trump simply said "whatever you can do would be great" .... Whatever you can do??? that could be anything... I hardly call that pressure, Which is why Schiff had to do his editorializing... to make things appear much much worse. If he simply read the transcript straight he would have gotten no reaction.

Apparently you missed a LOT of somethings. Zelenski did NO talking about Biden, that was all Trump.

What about today on the lawn. I suppose he didn't ask China to investigate the Bidens.

The whole paragraph after Trump mentioned Biden, Zelenzkyy was talking about the prosecutor. Remember Biden had a Ukranian prosecutor fired by telling Ukraine that he would withhold one billion US dollars? unless he was replaced? a prosecutor who was investigating the company where his kid was raking in millions, for corruption charges... how convenient. What needs to be investigated is was there REALLY any reason to get rid of that Ukrainian Prosecutor, and why would a US vice president concern himself with that? its in the clip.

And by 'coup', you mean an impeachment?

You may want to look up the meaning of Coup. As it has nothing to do with impeachments.

Spreading false information to make impeachment seem proper is indeed a coup you ignorant twerp.

What false information? Trump has already confessed to the asking the Ukrainians for "a favour" in the transcript. He can't take that back, but he's now trying to say that the transcript doesn't say, what it says.

Trump has Barr going around the world investigating the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA. Do you know how STUPID that is? He is asking foreign security agencies to investigate American security agencies, to help Trump's campaign. What do you think other governments are making of these requests?

Your president is unfit for office. Removing him from office is a necessity for the safety and security of the country, and the rest of the free world as well.

Oh, so I can go murder someone but upon declaring my run for the presidency I am immune from investigation?

You can't be this stupid can you?
No, you are as that's not what I said. Not even close.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You may want to look up the meaning of Coup. As it has nothing to do with impeachments.

Spreading false information to make impeachment seem proper is indeed a coup you ignorant twerp.
Oh? What false information?

Start with Trump threatening to withhold funds unless Ukraine Made up false dirt on his political opponent. That was never asked, but thats what we have been told. Its also what the Dunces in the Democratic House believe to be truth because they take any anti Trump news report as gospel
Here's what we have from trump, while he was holding up the funds....

Zelensky: ...we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though...

Nice editing. Your name schiff?

You asshats can't do anything without lying.
That was verbatim what Zelensky said and what Trump followed up with. I didn't paraphrase anything. It's not my problem if holding a magnifying glass up to Gambino Trump's words awakens you.

What false information? Trump has already confessed to the asking the Ukrainians for "a favour" in the transcript. He can't take that back, but he's now trying to say that the transcript doesn't say, what it says.

Trump has Barr going around the world investigating the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA. Do you know how STUPID that is? He is asking foreign security agencies to investigate American security agencies, to help Trump's campaign. What do you think other governments are making of these requests?

Your president is unfit for office. Removing him from office is a necessity for the safety and security of the country, and the rest of the free world as well.

Further more... looking at the transcript, I see Trump talking about Biden in two sentences.... saying there is a lot of talk about Biden (which it is known to everyone there was).... and that Biden went around bragging ( which he did)..... All Trump said in these two sentences was , maybe you can take a look at it.

that in no way constitutes anything remotely close to what Schiff said... or the fake report by the CIA agent... how can they get it so wrong? how can you defend that unless you support misinformation just because you dont like Trump?
"Well, its funny that when I read the transcript i don't see Biden's name brought up 7 or 8 times"

Who said Biden's name was mentioned 7 or 8 times?? Try sticking to what I actually post.

"The favor had to do with the Crowd strike thing... the servers.. and Trump was asking him to find the truth, not to make something up "

There were 2 favors. He asked Zelensky to look into the DNC server AND he ask Zelensky to look into Biden firing Shokin.

"then supprise supprise a secret CIA operative comes by with faulty 2nd hand info."

Despite being second hand, the Whistleblower's complaint strongly matched the phone call transcript.

Early in the morning of 25 July, the President spoke by telephone with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

That was true

Early in the morning of 25 July, the President spoke by telephone with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

That was true

Multiple White House officials with direct knowledge of the call informed me that, after an initial exchange of pleasantries, the President used the remainder of the call to advance his personal interests. Namely, he sought to pressure the Ukrainian leader to take actions to help the President’s 2020 reelection bid.

That was true with the exception of "sought to pressure," which was subjective opinion.

initiate or continue an investigation into the activities of former Vice President Joseph Biden and his son, Hunter Biden

That was true

assist in purportedly uncovering that allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election originated in Ukraine , with a specific request that the Ukrainian leader locate and turn over servers used by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and examined by the U.S. cyber security firm Crowdstrike, which initially reported that Russian hackers had penetrated the DNC’s networks in 2016

That was true

meet or speak with two people the President named explicitly as his personal envoys on these matters, Mr. Giuliani and Attorney General Barr, to whom the President referred multiple times in tandem.

That was true

And there's more, most of it like the above, pretty much matched the phone call. So trying to dismiss the whistleblower because their info came from others really doesn't fly.

"I just cant believe you don't see the corruption here. I don't have to like President Trump one bit to see that these actions are bordering on criminal ...if not criminal."

The corruption I see is on Trump's part. Trying to leverage a foreign leader to find dirt on a political rival. Not only corruption, but delusions as well. The DNC server(s) are not in Ukraine. The last I read, the DNC still has their servers. Trump is a conspiracy nut. He fell for the Birther shit for years. Now he's falling for the Ukraine hacking conspiracy. We have a certifiable nut running the country. If he doesn't get impeached and convicted, he can still be thrown out based on the 25th Amendment.

"Further more... looking at the transcript, I see Trump talking about Biden in two sentences.... saying there is a lot of talk about Biden (which it is known to everyone there was).... and that Biden went around bragging ( which he did)..... All Trump said in these two sentences was , maybe you can take a look at it."

I'm not sure what difference it makes that he talked about Biden in 2 sentences. Trump still believes Biden did something wrong at best, illegal at worst, and asked a foreign leader to look into the matter. Especially given that both Bidens were cleared previously of any wrong doing. To make it worse, Trump is now flat out lying, saying that Biden gave Ukraine a billion dollars to halt an investigation into Biden's son's company; when a) Biden didn't give them a penny. That was given by the Congress and Obama; and b) There's no evidence that Burisma Holdings was under investigation when Shokin got sacked.

"that in no way constitutes anything remotely close to what Schiff said... or the fake report by the CIA agent... how can they get it so wrong? how can you defend that unless you support misinformation just because you dont like Trump?"

I have not defended what Schiff said. As far as the whistleblower, their complaint wasn't fake. Again, it was fairly accurate to the phone call as we now know it. they didn't get it "so wrong." You categorizing it as such is wrong.

And it has nothing to do with how I feel about Trump. Even through the Comey investigation and then the Mueller investigation, I never said Trump should be impeached. I always said I would wait until the investigations were over to determine if I thought he should be impeached. And when the Mueller report went public, I acknowledged it cleared him of collusion/conspiracy with Russia. I also said even though I thought there was evidence he obstructed justice, I still didn't think it was reason enough to impeach him since there was no underlying charge.

Now I think he should be impeached. He solicited a foreign national to dig up dirt on a political rival. And it's getting worse. Since he thinks he's above the law, now he's seeking to get China to investigate Biden for him as well. Where does that type of political assassination end now that he's getting away with it?

Are you going to give him a pass if he starts pulling this shit against Warren, and Sanders, and O'Rourke, and Harris, and any other Democrat looking to run against him?

Apparently you missed a LOT of somethings. Zelenski did NO talking about Biden, that was all Trump.

What about today on the lawn. I suppose he didn't ask China to investigate the Bidens.

The whole paragraph after Trump mentioned Biden, Zelenzkyy was talking about the prosecutor. Remember Biden had a Ukranian prosecutor fired by telling Ukraine that he would withhold one billion US dollars? unless he was replaced? a prosecutor who was investigating the company where his kid was raking in millions, for corruption charges... how convenient. What needs to be investigated is was there REALLY any reason to get rid of that Ukrainian Prosecutor, and why would a US vice president concern himself with that? its in the clip.

The video you posted is highly edited and cuts out the part where Biden says the purpose of sacking that prosecutor was based on cleaning up corruption...

Do I think they’re—I think the Donbas has potential to be able to be solved, but it takes two things. One of those things is missing now. And that is I’m desperately concerned about the backsliding on the part of Kiev in terms of corruption. They made—I mean, I’ll give you one concrete example. I was—not I, but it just happened to be that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over, convincing our team, our leaders to—convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

Well, there’s still—so they made some genuine substantial changes institutionally and with people. But one of the three institutions, there’s now some backsliding.

And the news is widely reporting that Shokin was soft against corruption in that he wouldn't investigate or prosecute affluent companies accused of corruption (including Burisma), possibly because he was taking bribes.

Treason, Trump keeps saying that word but it does not mean what he thinks it means. Informing the nation of corruption at great personal risk is patriotism. The president is merely the top public servant in America. When the president starts to think he is America that dictator wannabe has to go.

So you oppose any investigation into the affairs of Joe and Hunter Biden or any other Democrat for any reason, correct? Trump was just investigated two years on absolutely NOTHING. You are a hypocrite.
Trump didn't want an investigation, that has already been done, Trump wanted confirmation of a debunked conspiracy theory.

You're on acid. You are a moron.
It's not like no one tried to tell you that electing a known con man and system rigger might be a bad idea.
Uh, that’s why we didn’t vote for Hillary

Are you going to give him a pass if he starts pulling this shit against Warren, and Sanders, and O'Rourke, and Harris, and any other Democrat looking to run against him?
ROFLMFAO

I didn’t know Biden was nominated already
cause last I heard, everyone you listed
want to run against him

Trump could just claim ignorance...
I didn’t know I was doing anything wrong...
Joe did it

...they are attempting to overthrow a Democratically-elected President using non-democratic means, and all of is based on lies.

I guess you're not concerned how the Constitution defines impeachment. If Trump said it then according to you it must be true.

I guess you're not concerned about sedition.

The Dems began the drumbeat of impeachment 2 days after trump won.

That means they are upset that the chosen one didn't win, so they decided to ignore the will of the people and take their votes away from them.

That is called corruption at the highest level. and we won't put up with it.

Sedition? Please, for 8 years I had to hear lies about Obama being gay or from Kenya or Michelle Obama being a man. Now it's some ridiculous deep state conspiracy. In the meantime Trump has bragged and publicly campaigned for foreign governments to attack his political rivals and chase other idiotic conspiracy theories.

...they are attempting to overthrow a Democratically-elected President using non-democratic means, and all of is based on lies.

I guess you're not concerned how the Constitution defines impeachment. If Trump said it then according to you it must be true.

I guess you're not concerned about sedition.

The Dems began the drumbeat of impeachment 2 days after trump won.

That means they are upset that the chosen one didn't win, so they decided to ignore the will of the people and take their votes away from them.

That is called corruption at the highest level. and we won't put up with it.

The will of the people was ignored when Trump won with 3 million less votes. Yes, Trump's lawlessness is corruption at the highest level, and we won't put up with it.

Yea, trash the democratic process so you fascists can take over. It's going to be war.

Fuck your war, tard.

The donnie deplorables are getting shriller and shriller as they panic over the impending fall of their orange god.

That's what so funny here.

He's not going anywhere.

The longer this drags out, the worse it is for the democrats.

The SENATE will never convict on something this stupid.

The donnie deplorables are getting shriller and shriller as they panic over the impending fall of their orange god.

You're a fascist twat. If that happens, Democrats are going to pay with their lives.

Calm down. Nobody is paying with their lives.

If Trump were to go down, Pence takes his place (he's not going anywhere as he is squeaky clean) and the left will rue the day.

Non-democratic means? You mean using the Constitution? Funny...

Just how "constitutional" is Pelosi's changing the House rules in order to stifle the votes of the House Republicans, and fast track her little "impeachment" fantasy? Remember what happened to you idiots after Harry Reid fucked with the Senate rules?

You probably don't believe this, but you people are setting yourselves up for some major disappointment.
Yeh. And they keep doing it. It's like a circadian cycle.

Yarddog quote: "Well, its funny that when I read the transcript i don't see Biden's name brought up 7 or 8 times, I don't see Trump asking for dirt either 7 or 8 times. The favor had to do with the Crowd strike thing... the servers.. and Trump was asking him to find the truth, not to make something up .. AS PRESENTED TO US BY SCHIFF ! Sorry but we all know the Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump for the last 3 years.... then supprise supprise a secret CIA operative comes by with faulty 2nd hand info. I just cant believe you don't see the corruption here. I don't have to like President Trump one bit to see that these actions are bordering on criminal ...if not criminal."​

It's refreshing to see that yarddog reads documentation once and gets more truth out of it than 50 Schiffs who bend the truth a little here, bend a few ideas there, and come up with an entire garbage dump.

Hoo-ah, yarddog! Bite they butts! :abgg2q.jpg:

No, motherfucker, they can't change the constitution without a Constitutional convention, and you need a two thirds vote to amend the constitution.

Nobody is changing the constitution. Everything the Democrats are doing is Constitutional.
Thus it ain't a fucking impeachment....

Correct. It is an inquiry into impeachment. You win the boob prize.
Why do they need an inquiry into something they have no evidence of? You all are unamerican don’t respect due process. I poop in your mouth

If there's no evidence then an inquiry shouldn't freak you and Trump out so much. Of course the evidence of abuse of power is right out in the open...twice. (Just because he's brazen about abusing his power does not make it less of an abuse of power)
This is so ridiculous.
The media repeats Democrat lies......and you parrot them like they're real....like mindless zombies who instead of saying "brains" you're repeating this nonsense.

None of you folks complained when Obama was releasing old information about the Bush Administration trashing them in the press. But when Trump tries to get to the bottom of the fake Russian Collusion coup you fags claim he's abusing his authority.
No, what he's doing is trying to find out who the criminals are in Washington and stop them from sabotaging his administration. He has every right constitutionally to protect himself from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. It's in his oath of office.

Yeah....in other words a total waste of taxpayer's money.
They're inquiring if they should think about impeachment sometime in the future.
Then they're going to go on a search for possible reasons to think about an impeachment.
Then they're going to give a bunch of speeches about how pissed they are at Trump.
Then they're going to lose the House and spend the next 4 years whining about how Trump is such a murderous dictator.

No, they perceived a crime and are investigating. There will be articles drawn and voted on and the Senate will very likely have to have a trial.

Perceived a crime based on nothing. There's no crime, there's no investigation, there's no prosecution of Biden's kid.

Their working theory is that Biden forced the removal of a prosecutor that *wasn't* prosecuting his kid for anything.

Which is just another stupid story in a litany of stupidity. And yet these mindless fanatics repeat whatever they're told to say, no matter how fact free and laughable.
I was talking about the House of Representatives and Trump not the silly conspiracy theories cooked up by Giuliani and company.
And why aren't these House of Representatives conspiring to bring charges against the president on silly conspiracy theories as well?
They've tried for 3 years to dig up dirt on him and they have nothing.
Now they're inventing them out of thin air.
Not only that.....they're trying to cover-up crimes by Democrats in the process.

That no good pasty faced cocksucker Jim Jordan was just on Trump suckhole Hannity's show saying Schiff met with the whistleblower. A flat out bold faced lie for the benefit of the Trumptards.

Considering Jim Shorts Jordan's behaviour when he was at Ohio St he has a lot of balls running his yap about anything. Good luck with that lawsuit, Jimmy Boy.
giphy.gif

Nobody is changing the constitution. Everything the Democrats are doing is Constitutional.

Why do they need an inquiry into something they have no evidence of? You all are unamerican don’t respect due process. I poop in your mouth

If there's no evidence then an inquiry shouldn't freak you and Trump out so much. Of course the evidence of abuse of power is right out in the open...twice. (Just because he's brazen about abusing his power does not make it less of an abuse of power)
This is so ridiculous.
The media repeats Democrat lies......and you parrot them like they're real....like mindless zombies who instead of saying "brains" you're repeating this nonsense.

None of you folks complained when Obama was releasing old information about the Bush Administration trashing them in the press. But when Trump tries to get to the bottom of the fake Russian Collusion coup you fags claim he's abusing his authority.
No, what he's doing is trying to find out who the criminals are in Washington and stop them from sabotaging his administration. He has every right constitutionally to protect himself from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. It's in his oath of office.

Serious question...what color is the sky on your planet?

You're a fascist twat. If that happens, Democrats are going to pay with their lives.

Calm down. Nobody is paying with their lives.

If Trump were to go down, Pence takes his place (he's not going anywhere as he is squeaky clean) and the left will rue the day.
Trump has already thrown HIM under the bus.

What about Trump publicly asking a COMMUNIST dictatorship to investigate a political rival. How isn't that treason?

Forum List

Back