🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

The Chinese were never going to give up subsidizing their industries, just like the Bank of Tokyo has financed the Nips' auto and electronics R&D aggression into our markets. They've claimed to be "in recession" for the last 20 years, while the Chi-coms fiddle with their currency. We'll never think like the orientals so trying to understand them is a fool's errand. They respond to ONE thing....power. We have it again thanks to Trump and his policies, including tariffs. The Chinese are so over-leveraged it won't take much to tip them into depression and when that happens, Xi could fall...so if China is hoping to wait us out and get a weak president, they should be aware the same thing could happen to them.

AND it's only going to cost the average shopper an extra $768 a year in higher costs

It's all a matter of buying a chinese hammer for $4, it breaks and you buy another chinese hammer for $4....OR you could tell your Ace Hardware man you want an American-made hammer and will gladly pay him $8 for it just to keep from having to come back every 6 weeks.

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?
Not only that, despite the tariff's Trump has imposed, which have created a nice fresh robust stream of funds into US Treasury, WE aren't seeing price inflation, in fact the opposite, inflation is running well below, even the Fed's target.

How can this be? Easy, the foreign suppliers are compressing their mark ups, effectively paying the tariffs FOR the US Consumer.

Weird how the Left and the anti-Trumpers ALWAYS back the Chinese position even when reality falsifies it.
Why are you repeating T-Rumps lies about cash flow to the treasury from the tariffs? That is just plain stupid!!
Why are you denying the obvious and irrefutable?

fredgraph.png

just swinging through citizen free press

second from the top

ff885a1a966d32873cc3f251ef4244f0

thats pretty much a leftards whole existence
the cell phone and toys for their safe space /rubber rooms

just make it 200% and lets get it over with

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
just swinging through citizen free press

second from the top

ff885a1a966d32873cc3f251ef4244f0

thats pretty much a leftards whole existence
the cell phone and toys for their safe space /rubber rooms

just make it 200% and lets get it over with

so you dont own any of those items ....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

AND it's only going to cost the average shopper an extra $768 a year in higher costs

It's all a matter of buying a chinese hammer for $4, it breaks and you buy another chinese hammer for $4....OR you could tell your Ace Hardware man you want an American-made hammer and will gladly pay him $8 for it just to keep from having to come back every 6 weeks.
America loves buying low priced Chinese goods If they were so fragile I don't think folks would buy them We WILL be paying for this We pay for trumps trade war

I hate U.S. Tariffs. However, I hate FOREIGN Tariffs more. Trump is trying to get China and other countries whom have treated un UNFAIRLY for decades to reduce, or eliminate theirs.

I hate U.S. Tariffs. However, I hate FOREIGN Tariffs more. Trump is trying to get China and other countries whom have treated un UNFAIRLY for decades to reduce, or eliminate theirs.
Is it possible he's asking them for too much?? Maybe not all or nothing ?? You know ,,make a deal

Is it possible he's asking them for too much?? Maybe not all or nothing ?? You know ,,make a deal

Could be, we are not privy to that info. However, a pretty commons strategy in negotiation is to ask for MORE than you want, then back down to a level acceptable to both parties. The risk is insulting your opponent to the point where they get emotional, and dig in. The bottom line is that China needs our markets more than we need there's.

This is why I just bought a new Dell laptop... to get ahead of the tariff.

Other than that, I couldn't care less. China has been screwing America ever since WTO, and it's gotta stop, one way or the other. What tiny bit of pain I go through I can endure. It's nothing compared to what my parents and grandparents went through during WWII. THAT was hard times.

The error with current economic models is that they have no current method for determining the relative value of genetic and mimetic income vs financial income. Therefore models misprice financial behaviors.

uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

Not only that, despite the tariff's Trump has imposed, which have created a nice fresh robust stream of funds into US Treasury, WE aren't seeing price inflation, in fact the opposite, inflation is running well below, even the Fed's target.

How can this be? Easy, the foreign suppliers are compressing their mark ups, effectively paying the tariffs FOR the US Consumer.

Weird how the Left and the anti-Trumpers ALWAYS back the Chinese position even when reality falsifies it.
Why are you repeating T-Rumps lies about cash flow to the treasury from the tariffs? That is just plain stupid!!

fredgraph.png
Trumps lie was that the Chinese are paying . They are not. US importers are paying it and passing the cost on to consumers in many cases. That is not good for our economy.

Could be, we are not privy to that info. However, a pretty commons strategy in negotiation is to ask for MORE than you want, then back down to a level acceptable to both parties. The risk is insulting your opponent to the point where they get emotional, and dig in. The bottom line is that China needs our markets more than we need there's.

I've spent my life in sales...when I have a customer who won't respond to various offers, I ask them what they think a fair price is. That's where the negotiations begin. Once I understand what the product does and means to them, I can start making comparisons to other items they own and find where my product fits in their hierarchy. If I can elevate my product's features and benefits in that hierarchy, the better chance I have of getting my original price. Same with the tariff stand-off...Trump says: "okay, we'll give you the same deal you give us"....China says: "we'll get back to you" but never does. So you wake them up....pain if a useful tool...it's not easily forgotten.

It is correct that the importer pays the tax.

Now how is the importer going to recoup that money. They could just pass it on to the next person in the chain and in the end the American consumer pays or they can get with the exporter and try and get him or her to reduce their price.

Ultimately as the heads of state duke it out, it is the consumer that pays

In a perfect world the importer and exporter would split the cost evenly. It boils down to who need it more and what is the bottom line for both sides of the fence.

Depending on your definition of wealth

Depending on what you are looking at some say US has the largest GDP
and China is second

Yet China does have the largest population times 4

US would be the largest economy of world on nominal basis where as China would be largest on ppp basis.

To me this is boiling done to a fight to become the top dog but in the end US can't ignore the amount of consumers in China and China cannot ignore the wealth in the US

Last edited:

I think the bottom line is Chinese can go for longer times with unacceptable levels than we can Already our farmers are in pain

What the US is doing is inviting wealthy Chinese to relocate operations to places like Vietnam and Indonesia. That out in regards to tariffs could destabilize China's current regime. China will come through rather quickly.

I don't hold strong opinion one way or other, my biggest concern is that it will drive more American manufacturing to Mexico. So I did a google search: tariffs drive american manusfacturerers to mexico to see what would pop up.

First result was from Industry Week, an article of May 8th about Polaris CEO Scott Wine's complaint about being penalized for manufacturing in the USA.

Investors hounded him, he said, for making a decision in 2014 to build a $150 million plant in Huntsville, Alabama, and employ 1,000 Americans instead of lower-wage workers in Mexico. Rival BRP Inc., the maker of Ski-Doo snowmobiles and Sea-Doo watercraft, isn’t getting hit by tariffs because it’s making its products in Mexico and Canada.

“They do not pay tariffs, and I do,” Wine said, calling it “lunacy” that Polaris will be penalized and foreign rivals including Valcourt, Quebec-based BRP will benefit. “I’m paying tariffs because I hired American workforce and I’ve invested in American plants. And I cannot stand for that.”

Polaris also has facilities in Ohio, Wisconsin and Minnesota -- key battleground states in the Midwest that will determine whether Trump is reelected. But some of the products the company builds in Huntsville are also manufactured in Monterrey, Mexico.

“I do not want to do it, but if I can’t get relief, I’ll be forced to think about moving some of those jobs to Mexico,” Wine said. “It is not my desire to ever move a job out of the U.S. We have great employees here, we make great vehicles here, and that is what we’re trying to do.”​

America loves buying low priced Chinese goods If they were so fragile I don't think folks would buy them We WILL be paying for this We pay for trumps trade war
If we are paying these tariffs, why is inflation so low that it's well below even the Fed's benchmark desired level of 2%?

Last edited:
And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?
Its like the local bus, trolley and subway service in cities. State and federal taxpayers subsidize it. I get it.

fredgraph.png
Trumps lie was that the Chinese are paying . They are not. US importers are paying it and passing the cost on to consumers in many cases. That is not good for our economy.
Actually your claim of the Trump "Lie" was this:
Which I refuted with the unassailable empirical fact that Trump has spiked customs duty revenue to the US treasury like this nation hasn't seen in the entire period measured by the US BEA.

fredgraph.png

After getting your head handed to you on that point, you pretend your point was something else, your concession of your original point is graciously accepted. .

Yes, everyone knows that US importers write the actual check, it's the second part of your claim that has no verified support:
...and passing the cost on to consumers in many cases...
If that were true US consumers would be facing price inflation and we are not, inflation is below even the Fed's optimum target of 2%, and not by a little, but by a fifth!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back