🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?

Are those the same experts that said Free Trade would be good for US?

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company (not crap), who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

You can buy as good quality as you want to pay for
China has modern, sophisticated manufacturing facilities. Unlike Americans, they have invested in high tech
It is not crap

The trade war will also hurt American manufacturing as China retaliates against American goods

Who invested in those modern manufacturing facilities in China? US companies to avoid US labor and environmental costs?
If its the Chinese its only because they stole the product data from US companies and are making cheaper knock-offs
Actually, US companies are bypassing China in favor of even cheaper labor markets...

Do yourself a favor...stop talking about tariffs - because it is clear you have no idea what they even are and are making an idiot of yourself.

Have a nice day.

I have a BS minor in Econ, skippy.....you still can't work a calculator.

And I am the Postmaster General.

And if you have a BS in Business...the school must have been total shit - because you seem to know squat about macroeconomics.

More likely you are a liar.

But if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself...go right ahead.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
You do realize you can go to Bloomberg, CNBC or any other leftist business site and the news is coming out as China going down and hard.
We're all going down because of this lunatic. There will be no winners. That's what I'm reading

Yep, so let them steal our intellectual property, don't protect our business interest, and put our people out of work!

How dumb is that?

I agree, tariffs are counter productive, except in one instance------------->when you want your citizenry, to STOP buying their goods! It sure as hell doesn't lower prices, lol.

So, how much of an American are you? Are you willing to stand behind our interests, or rather for a cheap trinket...…...temporarily......allow them to STEAL our intellectual property?

Isn't it fascinating------------->during WWII, our forefathers had to RATION even food, fuel, coffee. These clowns have soooooooooooo much PRIVILEGE, they whine and cry when asked to stand up for ANYTHING! My dog toy might go up 15 cents, and I am to damn lazy to go find one made in Taiwan!

What is WRONG with you?

And besides, if the economy drops 1%, it will go back to Obama year levels, and you all LOVED that-)

So who knows more about what is good for American business, please?

You or the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?

https://nypost.com/2018/07/02/us-chamber-of-congress-slams-trumps-tariff-plan/

Last edited:
The wild cards on this negotiation are numerous.
everyone screwed by China's South Sea land grab wants China to get Tariffs and get outsourced.
Schumer and the Senate Ds back Trump on this one.
India and Bangladesh want to push back at China and China's crap navy is crap and scrap.

Even Pakistan is getting irritated over the Child bride human trafficking ring. In effect we are seeing a war with (so far) non-lethal weapons.

By backing southeast Asia as a mostly non-Tariff zone Trump is hitting the Chinese where it hurts, politically.

Toro you are looking at the tariffs from the wrong context.

allow me to help -

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. Despite what the President says, it is almost always paid directly by the importer (usually a domestic firm), and never by the exporting country. Thus, if the US imposes a tariff on Chinese televisions, the duty is paid to the US Customs and Border Protection Service at the border by a US broker representing a US importer, say, Costco.

see what the op means ?

Hey, you skipped past the best part, why are tariffs imposed?
Covered it in the last paragraph.

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

So the purpose of a tariff, according to you, is what? Collecting a duty? Dumbass.

And I am the Postmaster General.

And if you have a BS in Business...the school must have been total shit - because you seem to know squat about macroeconomics.

More likely you are a liar.

But if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself...go right ahead.

Have a nice day.

A wormy little pissant calling me a "liar" after I destroyed his tiny, wart-covered ass...ain't USMB a trip? :lol:

p.s. Stop double-spacing your juvenile crap....it's page-pushing and weak.

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?
Not only that, despite the tariff's Trump has imposed, which have created a nice fresh robust stream of funds into US Treasury, WE aren't seeing price inflation, in fact the opposite, inflation is running well below, even the Fed's target.

How can this be? Easy, the foreign suppliers are compressing their mark ups, effectively paying the tariffs FOR the US Consumer.

Weird how the Left and the anti-Trumpers ALWAYS back the Chinese position even when reality falsifies it.
Why are you repeating T-Rumps lies about cash flow to the treasury from the tariffs? That is just plain stupid!!

:21: I went out last night
still crying are we
that sir mam is from the Washington post :10::04::04::04::04::04::04::04:

its a billion ................now it 3 billion a month make up your minds which is it ?

my wholesale customers were 100 times more price sensitive than the regular moron left wing bourgeoisie consumerist tool ...i had a lil of 4 thousand of them in just about all 50 states Mexico and the Caribbean .....some were regulars some were once or twice ...some we're sporadic some very nice sized some were small ...

rarely i had to cause of what MY profit margins we're so good

I must need business degree from boston U that'll straighten me right out EH derp

retards

You do realize you can go to Bloomberg, CNBC or any other leftist business site and the news is coming out as China going down and hard.
We're all going down because of this lunatic. There will be no winners. That's what I'm reading

Yep, so let them steal our intellectual property, don't protect our business interest, and put our people out of work!

How dumb is that?

I agree, tariffs are counter productive, except in one instance------------->when you want your citizenry, to STOP buying their goods! It sure as hell doesn't lower prices, lol.

So, how much of an American are you? Are you willing to stand behind our interests, or rather for a cheap trinket...…...temporarily......allow them to STEAL our intellectual property?

Isn't it fascinating------------->during WWII, our forefathers had to RATION even food, fuel, coffee. These clowns have soooooooooooo much PRIVILEGE, they whine and cry when asked to stand up for ANYTHING! My dog toy might go up 15 cents, and I am to damn lazy to go find one made in Taiwan!

What is WRONG with you?

And besides, if the economy drops 1%, it will go back to Obama year levels, and you all LOVED that-)

So who knows more about what is good for American business, please?

You or the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?

https://nypost.com/2018/07/02/us-chamber-of-congress-slams-trumps-tariff-plan/

the chamber of commerce has sold you down the river
Back in the day they used to help and promote US exporters

all my garbage 2nd 3rd waste pack jobber customers used to use em and were members ....EVERY last fucking one of them
ive mentioned that here on the bord before

Have you ever been a member ?

how long does your F.I. or factor take to clear an l/c?
gimme all the paper work you need to clear one
do you know what a garbage disposal is ?

gimmie example of one out of china , one out of western europe and one out of spore
the experts on trade uh boy

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company (not crap), who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

You can buy as good quality as you want to pay for
China has modern, sophisticated manufacturing facilities. Unlike Americans, they have invested in high tech
It is not crap

The trade war will also hurt American manufacturing as China retaliates against American goods

Who invested in those modern manufacturing facilities in China? US companies to avoid US labor and environmental costs?
If its the Chinese its only because they stole the product data from US companies and are making cheaper knock-offs
Actually, US companies are bypassing China in favor of even cheaper labor markets...

Trump is just trying to stop IP theft and establish warning for the next bad actor.

allow me to help -

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. Despite what the President says, it is almost always paid directly by the importer (usually a domestic firm), and never by the exporting country. Thus, if the US imposes a tariff on Chinese televisions, the duty is paid to the US Customs and Border Protection Service at the border by a US broker representing a US importer, say, Costco.

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

So the purpose of a tariff, according to you, is what? Collecting a duty? Dumbass.
allow me to help -

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

allow me to help -

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

allow me to help -

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

allow me to help -

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes
Never said that, Genius.

allow me to help -

see what the op means ?

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

post #63

dumbass -

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes
Never said that, Genius.

Ok Einstein, perhaps you could clarify. You said you covered the purpose of a tariff in your last paragraph.

Ahhh, no.
Ahhh, yes

post #63

dumbass -

Sigh...WTF, all you idiots belong to the same club?

apparently youre the idiot - youre the moron who doesnt know how tariffs work-

kudos dumbass ..

uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?
Not only that, despite the tariff's Trump has imposed, which have created a nice fresh robust stream of funds into US Treasury, WE aren't seeing price inflation, in fact the opposite, inflation is running well below, even the Fed's target.

How can this be? Easy, the foreign suppliers are compressing their mark ups, effectively paying the tariffs FOR the US Consumer.

Weird how the Left and the anti-Trumpers ALWAYS back the Chinese position even when reality falsifies it.
Why are you repeating T-Rumps lies about cash flow to the treasury from the tariffs? That is just plain stupid!!

:21: I went out last night
still crying are we
that sir mam is from the Washington post :10::04::04::04::04::04::04::04:

its a billion ................now it 3 billion a month make up your minds which is it ?

my wholesale customers were 100 times more price sensitive than the regular moron left wing bourgeoisie consumerist tool ...i had a lil of 4 thousand of them in just about all 50 states Mexico and the Caribbean .....some were regulars some were once or twice ...some we're sporadic some very nice sized some were small ...

rarely i had to cause of what MY profit margins we're so good

I must need business degree from boston U that'll straighten me right out EH derp

retards
They do confuse credentials with expertise. You, actually operating in this environment have actual expertise. They with their diplomas from Leftwing "Progressive" Diploma Mills have the untested ideals of idiots. Along with their insufferable sanctimony that they are the smartest people in every room.

Zerohedge has a piece out applying the American/China trade negotiations to Game Theory.

Game Theory has a scenario where two strangers walk into a room, a coin is flipped, the winner is offered a $100 if they can offer part of it to the loser and the loser accepts the offer. If they can't come to an agreement, they both walkaway with nothing.

Utility theory says the winner offers the loser $1 which they accept, because that leaves them a dollar ahead. In studies though, seldom will the loser accept less than $25- proving that spite is stronger than utility theory.

Experienced negotiators and the average Chinese person, offer more if they win and demand more if they lose the coin toss.

Post Mao era Chinese offer more if they win and demand more if they lose, than Mao era Chinese.

The fact that this negotiation blew up at the end indicates that more will need to be offered, as more is being demanded to close a deal, that's all, the histrionics of the witless are nothing more than boring aside.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
AND it's only going to cost the average shopper an extra $768 a year in higher costs

Forum List

Back