🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.

You do realize you can go to Bloomberg, CNBC or any other leftist business site and the news is coming out as China going down and hard.
We're all going down because of this lunatic. There will be no winners. That's what I'm reading

Yep, so let them steal our intellectual property, don't protect our business interest, and put our people out of work!

How dumb is that?

I agree, tariffs are counter productive, except in one instance------------->when you want your citizenry, to STOP buying their goods! It sure as hell doesn't lower prices, lol.

So, how much of an American are you? Are you willing to stand behind our interests, or rather for a cheap trinket...…...temporarily......allow them to STEAL our intellectual property?

Isn't it fascinating------------->during WWII, our forefathers had to RATION even food, fuel, coffee. These clowns have soooooooooooo much PRIVILEGE, they whine and cry when asked to stand up for ANYTHING! My dog toy might go up 15 cents, and I am to damn lazy to go find one made in Taiwan!

What is WRONG with you?

And besides, if the economy drops 1%, it will go back to Obama year levels, and you all LOVED that-)

I will take the cheap trinket because there is no point to this. WWII was forced on us. This is not. Trump is the one making war on ordinary Americans.

Trump is loosing this war on economics

If you can't spell "losing" you don't belong on this board...take a hike.

If trump can't spell smoking twice
5c38effbaebf42176d5af093-1136-568.png
when he is tweeting then are you going to take a hike

Trump has all those employees to spell check for him, all i have is "US message board"
Still they do have a spell checker and as Martha would say that is a good thing

Last edited:
Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company, who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Big point! Both Schumer and Nancy are supporting the hard bargain being struck with China. The tariffs are not as bad as being portrayed. You don't have to buy the Chinese product. You can buy a US product or one from other countries. If China wants to sell stuff they (or the manufacturer) will eat most of that 25% tariff. Trump knows how tariffs work, he has Lighthizer and Navarro doing the heavy lifting. Xi and Trump will finalize and then celebrate.
Democrat-led House seen backing Trump’s China trade war, scrutinizing talks with allies - Reuters

The tariffs will be as bad as advertised. Any US company that produces the product will raise their prices to match that. That is what happened with the tariffs on washing machines. Lighthizer and Navarro are trash.

You do realize you can go to Bloomberg, CNBC or any other leftist business site and the news is coming out as China going down and hard.
We're all going down because of this lunatic. There will be no winners. That's what I'm reading

Yep, so let them steal our intellectual property, don't protect our business interest, and put our people out of work!

How dumb is that?

I agree, tariffs are counter productive, except in one instance------------->when you want your citizenry, to STOP buying their goods! It sure as hell doesn't lower prices, lol.

So, how much of an American are you? Are you willing to stand behind our interests, or rather for a cheap trinket...…...temporarily......allow them to STEAL our intellectual property?

Isn't it fascinating------------->during WWII, our forefathers had to RATION even food, fuel, coffee. These clowns have soooooooooooo much PRIVILEGE, they whine and cry when asked to stand up for ANYTHING! My dog toy might go up 15 cents, and I am to damn lazy to go find one made in Taiwan!

What is WRONG with you?

And besides, if the economy drops 1%, it will go back to Obama year levels, and you all LOVED that-)

I will take the cheap trinket because there is no point to this. WWII was forced on us. This is not. Trump is the one making war on ordinary Americans.

WWII forced this? Who was in charge during WWII? I rest my case-)

Although, I think you are wrong, I will use YOUR OWN parameters to prove your stance is untenable-)

80 bucks a month where this coming from orangeman bad.com ,,,if ya only knew the profit margins some of us ran on this side of the pacific
now that would upset ya.

When it comes to business news huffpuff lives down to it nickname
What the hell does that mean?

it means huff poo is a bigger laughing stock than cnn ....
Translation" I only read and accept as legitimate sources that I agree with because that are slanted right" Not my problem

project much ?
Blomberg is right wing SINCe WHEN ? please dont ignore that question
how about the New york times ?

i tried to quote two people at once ...something didnt work right

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor...stop talking about tariffs - because it is clear you have no idea what they even are and are making an idiot of yourself.

Have a nice day.

I have a BS minor in Econ, skippy.....you still can't work a calculator.

I have a major in Economics specializing in trade. The OP is absolutely correct. The Chinese aren't paying the tariffs. We are.

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country

thats it ? a billion
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?
Lol
The less Chinese fucked up shit we have coming into this country the better...

thats it ? a billion

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

uh boy the lefttarded bigger picture people you are not.

yes im also one of the first to scream bloddy murder when the left wants to hammer the working poor and middle classes
theyre gonna have to suck up the measly billion while everyone else covered the lions share of it so far

their it is again so yas dont bury it ...under a billion bitch crocodile tears

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.

I’ve had numerous discussions with people on this board…they think the exporters pay tariffs too.

If Trump told them rain fell upward…they’d believe it just like they believe the nonsense about tariffs.

uh boy the lefttarded bigger picture people you are not

Could you try that again in English?

Thanks.
it means you're to stupid and self centered to even notice the bigger picture
where did the 42 billion in duties come from ...how did they get 42 billion out of the consumer when you guys are claiming thier was only 1 billion the consumer had to eat?

where did the money come from?

are you guys ignorant like the op or to stupid which is it ?

Forum List

Back