Trump Killing the GOP

We have had charisma in office and has done little. If he is solid on his ideas, he is worth the vote. Kerry had less personality than a paper bag and almost got elected. He ideals sucked but that's a different story.
We shall see, it's still early, perhaps it's too early to be taking anyone seriously.

I won't watch the debates this early. It is way to early, Trump will eventually lose steam as Hillary has. It will be interesting how the other candidates will deal with Trump.

We have had charisma in office and has done little. If he is solid on his ideas, he is worth the vote. Kerry had less personality than a paper bag and almost got elected. He ideals sucked but that's a different story.
We shall see, it's still early, perhaps it's too early to be taking anyone seriously.
The only reason we should take Trump seriously is to examine just why his numbers are so high. What appeal does he have with the voters?

Two things.
1.) They like what he says...primarily about immigration and the border that was promised decades ago. He is going against Political Correctness and hangs illegals out to dry. Most voters like that. They don't want our country to have to pay the extra expenses of illegals.

2.) Voters see him as being truthful. I'm not quite sure about that myself, but that is what appeals to voters instead of saying what appeals to each section of the population that day.

Will his numbers weaken? Probably, but other candidates should examine his popularity and try it out themselves.

I won't watch the debates this early. It is way to early, Trump will eventually lose steam as Hillary has. It will be interesting how the other candidates will deal with Trump.

I am interested. I want to know more about each candidate and be there when they make their gaffes. We need a president who can think on his feet.

There's always the kid's table forum. <snicker> The election is going to be an international embarrassment.
Hillary and Bernie are at the feeder table. What's up with NO democrat debate anyway? You plan on winning without one?
Haven't heard about one yet but the official party debates usually occur sometime later just before the primaries start. This "debate" is just a desperate attempt to weed out the crowd before then.
Actually that is not right. The debates usually start before this, but candidates were taking their time announcing their intent. Supposedly there will be 6 debates, one I believe is this Thursday. We'll have to tape one and watch the other. Clinton will not be there...she's planning on cleaning her crown that night.
The official party debates usually occur between Nov-Feb.

There's always the kid's table forum. <snicker> The election is going to be an international embarrassment.
Hillary and Bernie are at the feeder table. What's up with NO democrat debate anyway? You plan on winning without one?
Haven't heard about one yet but the official party debates usually occur sometime later just before the primaries start. This "debate" is just a desperate attempt to weed out the crowd before then.
Actually that is not right. The debates usually start before this, but candidates were taking their time announcing their intent. Supposedly there will be 6 debates, one I believe is this Thursday. We'll have to tape one and watch the other. Clinton will not be there...she's planning on cleaning her crown that night.
:clap2:

Democratic Party presidential debates 2008 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Republican Party presidential debates 2008 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

gawd, this occupied character is an embarrassment

Official party debates?

wtf? Presidential Debates

Last edited:
[

25% in a field of 17 is quite a bit more impressive than 25% in a field of 2 and 3 nobodies.

Not really.

It is all the same relative amount of support.

The Republicans numbers will change rapidity as the field narrows.

The fact that a forth of the Moon Bats are choosing Sanders instead of The Hildabeast now is actually significant considering that Sanders is as off the wall as they come.

Yeah I was not actually thinking about recent history when I said that, I am old enough to remember the twentieth century.

Yeah I was not actually thinking about recent history when I said that, I am old enough to remember the twentieth century.
Really? Well they were held in September and October. So wtf are you talking about?

Presidential Debates

I'll cut you some slack it you behave

"This should answer the complaint many have had that the Democrats are playing catch up to the Republicans. However, analysts have offered that there is a practical reason behind the slow start of the Democratic debating season.

The problem was that there weren’t enough announced candidates to announce a debating schedule as early on the Democratic side as there were on the Republican side. The Republicans having candidates numbering into the teens is an advantage in scheduling the debates because they know they have people to debate. They have even had to go so far as to bar candidates and create cutoffs to limit the participants in their debates.

Counter to that, Hillary Clinton announced in May and the party did not have a formally declared candidate before then."

Democratic Debate Schedule Expected This Week

2016 Democratic Primary Debate Schedule

Here is the most up-to-date and complete schedule we have for the 2015 / 2016 Democratic Primary debates. These debates are between all the Democratic candidates running for President. The Democratic National Committee has announced six sanctioned debates which will begin in the Fall of 2015.

September/October 2015*Democratic Debate
Sponsors:TBD
Participants: TBD

September/October 2015*Democratic Debate

October/November 2015*Democratic Debate

November/December 2015*Democratic Debate

January 2016*Democratic Debate

January 2016*Democratic Debate

Read more at 2016 Democratic Primary Debate Schedule 2016 Election Central

Read more at 2016 Democratic Primary Debate Schedule 2016 Election Central

so would that be between Nov 2007 and Feb 2008 for the 2008 GOP Presidential Primary Debates

It couldn't be Nov 2008 to Feb 2009!

Ouch!
Your link shows clearly that they have been getting earlier since the turn of the century, are you old enough to remember any years that had a 19 at the beginning?

so would that be between Nov 2007 and Feb 2008 for the 2008 GOP Presidential Primary Debates

Ouch!
Your link shows clearly that they have been getting earlier since the turn of the century, are you old enough to remember any years that had a 19 at the beginning?
Read the above post. It concurs to what I've said.

[

25% in a field of 17 is quite a bit more impressive than 25% in a field of 2 and 3 nobodies.

Not really.

The fact that a forth of the Moon Bats are choosing Sanders instead of The Hildabeast now is actually significant considering that Sanders is as off the wall as they come.

Ahem! Nobody has chosen anyone yet

just thought you might like a reality check

Ouch!

I know that. But, you made a false claim. Own it and move on

Trump announced Lindsay Graham's phone number. Graham made a stupid video of him destroying his phone.

Gawker got Trump's private cell number and published it. Trump put a campaign message on his phone. Call away. That was VERY neatly done. It wouldn't have gone better had Trump paid Gawker.

Trump is one step ahead of everyone else.

Ouch!
Read the above post. It concurs to what I've said.
Yes, my mind was stuck in how it used to be for a minute, I forgot how ridiculously early they have been having them the last few times. It was so nice when politics did not really start until the leaves turned.

[

Not really.

Ahem! Nobody has chosen anyone yet

just thought you might like a reality check
I predict a Biden/Sanders ticket before this is all done.
His entering would at the very least disrupt her numbers if not destroy them. And if anyone has NOT noticed yet Obozo has not endorsed Hillary as yet NOR the AFL-CIO. So there may well be something in the works and I think that something is Biden.

Forum List

Back