Trump Makes It Official: Get Your Wall Bids Ready

A bid for construction can't be given until the engineering work is completed unless he wants to just give a cost plus contract. that says "Spend as much as you want, and we will pay you that much and a large percentage of that more". The cost always soars with that kind of contract.
IOW, do what Obama did with his healthcare website?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Judging with his past behavior and his cost cutting measures so far, do you REALLY think that will happen?

C'mon, this is a business man, do you even think that is in his DNA?

I mean, sure, it is possible, but believe it or not, Trump does care about what his loyalists think about him.

A bid for construction can't be given until the engineering work is completed unless he wants to just give a cost plus contract. that says "Spend as much as you want, and we will pay you that much and a large percentage of that more". The cost always soars with that kind of contract.

Judging with his past behavior and his cost cutting measures so far, do you REALLY think that will happen?

I mean, sure, it is possible, but believe it or not, Trump does care about what his loyalists think about him.

Engineering and a hard bid for construction that spans 2000 miles completed in 2 months? That's funny.

Mexico is probably getting bids on helium balloons and mini scuba tanks.

Engineering and a hard bid for construction that spans 2000 miles completed in 2 months? That's funny.
Agreed.

OTH, I've seen articles from the private sector that said they could do it if the bureaucracy got out of the way.

But then the government never seems to be able to do something like that.

In the 1800's? That would be a piece of cake. They would start construction in a matter of weeks. Ever hear the story about the competition between The Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroads? Yeah, that. It could be done but for the bureaucracy. However, considering your outlook on the world, I'm sure you aren't familiar with Fountain Head or Atlas Shrugged, or anything that really makes America great.

Then again, after what I have witnessed over the past twenty years, I'm not sure it is in us anymore. . . :(

Agreed.

OTH, I've seen articles from the private sector that said they could do it if the bureaucracy got out of the way.

In the 1800's? That would be a piece of cake. They would start construction in a matter of weeks. Ever hear the story about the competition between The Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroads? Yeah, that. It could be done but for the bureaucracy. However, considering your outlook on the world, I'm sure you aren't familiar with Fountain Head or Atlas Shrugged, or anything that really makes America great.

Then again, after what I have witnessed over the past twenty years, I'm not sure it is in us anymore. . . :(

I've seen lots of stuff from the private sector that promised all kinds of impossible stuff. I even wrote a few bids like that myself. The fine print always includes a phrase like "This is an estimate, and any unforeseen or unplanned impediments to completion as projected will be paid for at $$$$$$ rate."

I guess time will tell whether this will be as a colossal mess as the healthcare website and Solyndra, or if it will be as promised.

If it turns out, on time, under budget, will you vote for Trump in 2020?

Agreed.

If it was built in the 1800's it would have been the first transcontinental railroad that took 9 years, used either slave labor or paid pennys per day, and was massively over budget. As far as Ayn Rand's crap. Her capitalist fantasy has been discredited by every credible economist ever.

I guess time will tell whether this will be as a colossal mess as the healthcare website and Solyndra, or if it will be as promised.

If it turns out, on time, under budget, will you vote for Trump in 2020?

I will never vote for Trump or anyone like him, but if it is built as promised, I will admit that the laws of physics have been changed.

Agreed.

If it was built in the 1800's it would have been the first transcontinental railroad that took 9 years, used either slave labor or paid pennys per day, and was massively over budget. As far as Ayn Rand's crap. Her capitalist fantasy has been discredited by every credible economist ever.

Shovel ready jobs.

Yeah, spending $21.6 billion just to make illegals dig deeper and climb higher. Retarded...
Of Mexico's money.....

Only $21.6 billion? That is far less than we spend in one year to cover the cost of illegal aliens being here. That is less than what illegals send back to Mexico each year. In one year, it will pay for itself, then save billions each year after that.

If we stop allowing them to work here, stop granting anchor babies citizenship and not allow companies to hire them, they'll stop coming.

Bbbut you all said it would never be built.....:lmao:

It won't be built. Congress has already stated it will not appropriate money for a 22 billion dollar worthless wall. And to get bids also cost money. Engineering fees, design, plans, layout, etc. etc. etc. They don't have money for that either. A thousand mile wall is going to produce a thousand holes and tunnels underneath it.

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

800x450

This is just another FISH BONE--he has thrown to his less than 80 I.Q. supporters.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg

Shovel ready jobs.

Yeah, spending $21.6 billion just to make illegals dig deeper and climb higher. Retarded...

The desert Coyotes and tortoises will love the shade from the wall on hot days. Taco Bell, can post " Make a run for the Border" billboards along the wall, and on the Mexico side the billboards will be in Spanish. So there will some other positive aspects.

There will probably be electronic surveillance to counter the climbing and digging.

Shovel ready jobs.

The desert Coyotes and tortoises will love the shade from the wall on hot days. Taco Bell, can post " Make a run for the Border" billboards along the wall, and on the Mexico side the billboards will be in Spanish. So there will some other positive aspects.

There will probably be electronic surveillance to counter the climbing and digging.

Wow, and just imagine the graffiti. I think I'll submit bids to Mexico for helium balloons and mini scuba tanks.

Bbbut you all said it would never be built.....:lmao:

It won't be built. Congress has already stated it will not appropriate money for a 22 billion dollar worthless wall. And to get bids also cost money. Engineering fees, design, plans, layout, etc. etc. etc. They don't have money for that either. A thousand mile wall is going to produce a thousand holes and tunnels underneath it.

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

800x450

This is just another FISH BONE--he has thrown to his less than 80 I.Q. supporters.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg
Yeah... Because there are thousands of multi millionaire drug cartels that are going to invest a couple Lillian dollars a pop for a tunnel so Pablo and Juan can bring thier family to America. Posters who say tunnels are a reason not to build the wall are flat out fucking ignorant, or worse yet; subversives who realize the merits of the wall and don't want our border secured.

Forum List

Back