Trump outperforms previous presidents

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
An actual story in the msm that isn't bashing Trump. Unfuckinbelievable. I didn't think any of these people had it inside of them to actually say something positive.
Of course when you read on, they manage to give him very little actual credit.

One way Trump is outperforming other presidents

Six months into his presidency, Donald Trump has one big thing going for him: a robust job market.

Employers added 209,000 jobs in July, while the unemployment rate fell to a remarkably low 4.3%. During Trump’s first six months in office, the US economy added nearly 1.1 million jobs, earning Trump a B+ for the state of the economy under his watch on the Yahoo Finance Trumponomics Report Card.

Before Trump critics freak out—yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far.

An actual story in the msm that isn't bashing Trump. Unfuckinbelievable. I didn't think any of these people had it inside of them to actually say something positive.

Six months into his presidency, Donald Trump has one big thing going for him: a robust job market.

Employers added 209,000 jobs in July, while the unemployment rate fell to a remarkably low 4.3%. During Trump’s first six months in office, the US economy added nearly 1.1 million jobs, earning Trump a B+ for the state of the economy under his watch on the Yahoo Finance Trumponomics Report Card.

Before Trump critics freak out—yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far.

I was going to post this but assumed it had already been posted. This is good stuff, and the Democrats, globalists and MSM are working hard to undermine his efforts specifically because of this.

As I said from the day he was elected, these same people aren't concerned Trump will ruin America, they are afraid he will succeed. That is a vile attitude and I am willing to bet all my worldly possessions it is quite true in far too many cases.

I was going to post this but assumed it had already been posted. This is good stuff, and the Democrats, globalists and MSM are working hard to undermine his efforts specifically because of this.

As I said from the day he was elected, these same people aren't concerned Trump will ruin America, they are afraid he will succeed. That is a vile attitude and I am willing to bet all my worldly possessions it is quite true in far too many cases.

You obviously didn't read the whole OP, here let me help you.

"Before Trump critics freak out—yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far."

"Before Trump critics freak out—yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far."

Record high stock market and consumer confidence index that is through the roof. This is because of his promises and willingness to put American workers first.

It's not all about what he has done so far, it's the outward declaration of the direction of the country, his agenda which others are fighting him on, and what he HASN'T signed America to going forward, including TPP, the disasterous Paris Accord among other initiatives.

You toss in companies deciding to stay in America rather than leave, massive decrease in regulations and intended tax cuts, and you have an environment in which businesses are confident going forward. People are coming off of food stamps and unemployment is at an all time low.

Trump hasnt passed one single piece of legislation that would account for increasing jobs much less the bull market that been on fire for several years.

to his credit, he hasnt done anything to actually harm our economy ... yet. Be patient, he's trying like hell.

he's done NOTHING.

"Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place."

DigitalDrifter, post: 17862349
An actual story....

.......yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far.

Are you knuckling futz?

You thought this was praise for your pony humping orange faced clown.

"Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far."

You can take "Trump has faltered" to the bank.

do you remember what Bush 43 did after inheriting a 'budget surplus' economy from President Clinton.

Trump lies buyers beware!

".. yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama."

The Mazda deal Trump just crowed about has been explained as having more to do with the US' Federal Government high MPG cafe fleet standards coming due than any other motivation.

Just like Trump is a swindler in real life he is now stealing credit for nothing he had actually done.

"Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place."

DigitalDrifter, post: 17862349
An actual story....

.......yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama. Underlying factors such as strong corporate profits, low interest rates and an improving global economy explain most of the job gains, rather than any policies Trump has put into place. Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far.

Are you knuckling futz?

You thought this was praise for your pony humping orange faced clown.

"Trump, in fact, has faltered on virtually every major policy issue he’s undertaken, with few accomplishments to crow about so far."

You can take "Trump has faltered" to the bank.

do you remember what Bush 43 did after inheriting a 'budget surplus' economy from President Clinton.

Trump lies buyers beware!

".. yes, it’s obviously true Trump inherited an improving economy from his predecessor, Barack Obama."

The Mazda deal Trump just crowed about has been explained as having more to do with the US' Federal Government high MPG cafe fleet standards coming due than any other motivation.

Just like Trump is a swindler in real life he is now stealing credit for nothing he had actually done.
Boy, are you in for a lot more butt hurt.

Well, usually this sort of thing happens because the person looking only bothers to see stories that confirm their prejudice. So you'd be looking for anti-Trump stories so you can moan about it.

Yes, the job market is doing well, nothing much to do with Trump though, any president would be riding this.

Meathead, post: 17862890

Is that a juvenile reply or just plain too stupid to put together some kind of thoughtful response.

I made several valid points.

Trump is walking on very thin ice since the stock market has not been much of an indicator that pay checks are going up in flyover country.

The reality of Trump is not what he does for the economy it's what others surrounding him are able to do to stop him from harming it.

So far he has been stopped.

I saw that on the financial report earlier! Great news! Even Democrat Keith Ellison said if the economy is strong Trump can get elected!

:beer: :dance: :iagree: :2up:

Record high stock market and consumer confidence index that is through the roof. This is because of his promises and willingness to put American workers first.

It's not all about what he has done so far, it's the outward declaration of the direction of the country, his agenda which others are fighting him on, and what he HASN'T signed America to going forward, including TPP, the disasterous Paris Accord among other initiatives.

You toss in companies deciding to stay in America rather than leave, massive decrease in regulations and intended tax cuts, and you have an environment in which businesses are confident going forward. People are coming off of food stamps and unemployment is at an all time low.

So words, not actions now affect the economy? Lol

Meathead, post: 17862890

Is that a juvenile reply or just plain too stupid to put together some kind of thoughtful response.

I made several valid points.

Trump is walking on very thin ice since the stock market has not been much of an indicator that pay checks are going up in flyover country.

The reality of Trump is not what he does for the economy it's what others surrounding him are able to do to stop him from harming it.

So far he has been stopped.
I too made a valid point. The boom has just started. People are getting back to work. This is what will make America Great Again and your butt-hurt even greater.

Except that has nothing to do with Trump's 'performance'.

So you are either going to give credit to the performance of the economy of the sitting president or you are not for ANY president. You can't have it both ways.

I've said that if you give me $10T in debt, I promise you I would have the economy BOOMING. Would it be a legitimate economy or a paper tiger in which I toss future generations under the bus for todays trip to the trough? Obama lost hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs while Trump added. This is not a coincidence based on Trumps focus on manufacturing. With high consumer and business confidence comes investment in actually making things.

So you are either going to give credit to the performance of the economy of the sitting president or you are not for ANY president. You can't have it both ways.

I've said that if you give me $10T in debt, I promise you I would have the economy BOOMING. Would it be a legitimate economy or a paper tiger in which I toss future generations under the bus for todays trip to the trough? Obama lost hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs while Trump added. This is not a coincidence based on Trumps focus on manufacturing. With high consumer and business confidence comes investment in actually making things.

Performance is measured by performing. Trump has done almost nothing that can be directly linked, as cause and effect, to the creation of hundreds of thousands of jobs.

OK, so,

1. The economy is doing very well, all things considered.

2. The American people themselves are giving Trump virtually no credit for number 1, as is clearly indicated by his falling JOB approval numbers.

3. If Trump can't get credit for a good economy, what can he get credit for?

Doesn't even outperform the community organizer who added 255,000 jobs at this time last year
A number Trump called a disaster

Forum List

Back