Trump pivots left on immigration. Will his base defect or support him?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Will Trump's base defect - or just assume he's only pivoting left with a softer and more humane tone to attract enough additional undecided votes to win the General Election? Is his pivot really aimed at attracting more brown voters or is he just trying to make himself seem less racist to educated white swing voters? Same questions apply regarding black voters.

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall, create a "deportation force", and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?

Will Trump's base defect - or just assume he's only pivoting left with a softer and more humane tone to attract enough additional undecided votes to win the General Election? Is his pivot really aimed at attracting more brown voters or is he just trying to make himself seem less racist to educated white swing voters? Same questions apply regarding black voters.

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?

As I wrote to someone else Trump is not softening and is playing word games with you... He has stated those that broke the law will be deported and every illegal in this country has broken the law...

Don't be foolish to play the word game with the idiot...

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?
He's a joke, if not an even bigger one than when he first started.

However, his cult-like base will follow him, making excuses for him along the way.

They can't help themselves. They're going down with the ship...

lemmings-1.jpg

Trump 1.0 backed himself into a corner and Trump 2.0 has no choice but to flip flop on almost everything in a desperate attempt to gain some traction at the risk of pissing off his hardcore racist contingent.

As I wrote to someone else Trump is not softening and is playing word games with you... He has stated those that broke the law will be deported and every illegal in this country has broken the law...

Trump is not "playing word games" with me - because I fully understand what he's doing. The question is - does his base? Do Trump's base supporters understand that he's going to betray them?

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall, create a "deportation force", and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?
Absolutely but he said from the beginning deportation would have to be done in a humane way. What's troubling you is not that Trump's policies will be brutal but that they may not be brutal despite Hillary's lies about him.

Trump 1.0 backed himself into a corner and Trump 2.0 has no choice but to flip flop on almost everything in a desperate attempt to gain some traction at the risk of pissing off his hardcore racist contingent.

You need to read his words and realize he is playing word games and some are falling for his stupidity while I am not... Everyone that is Illegally that is here has broken the law by coming her illegally or overstayed their visa which mean they are still on his list...

Trump might fool some but he is not fooling me with his nonsense because I would do the same damn thing and see if anyone catches me...

Trump is not "playing word games" with me - because I fully understand what he's doing. The question is - does his base? Do Trump's base supporters understand that he's going to betray them?

He's not betraying them as i just wrote in another post in your thread it is a word game with him. See you will not notice the slight of hand by him but every illegal that has come to this country already broke the law because of the fact they are illegal...

So he will still demand all illegals to be deported and is just playing with words to see if anyone will catch him... Oh and I do not support his nonsense either and you should know this...

You need to read his words and realize he is playing word games and some are falling for his stupidity while I am not... Everyone that is Illegally that is here has broken the law by coming her illegally or overstayed their visa which mean they are still on his list...

Trump might fool some but he is not fooling me with his nonsense because I would do the same damn thing and see if anyone catches me...

I don't quite follow your last sentence. Could you please clarify.

''He's SOFTENING on his immigration stance''
Not at all. From the beginning he said deportation would have to be done in a humane way. Why does it bother you so much that Trump wants to treat these people humanely while at the same time protecting Americans from the economic harm illegal immigrants do to them?

Absolutely but he said from the beginning deportation would have to be done in a humane way. What's troubling you is not that Trump's policies will be brutal but that they may not be brutal despite Hillary's lies about him.

Hillary Clinton is not lying about him and Trump is playing word games now to see how stupid America can be and I am betting he might prove me wrong about how stupid Americans can be...

''He's SOFTENING on his immigration stance''
Not at all. From the beginning he said deportation would have to be done in a humane way. Why does it bother you so much that Trump wants to treat these people humanely while at the same time protecting Americans from the economic harm illegal immigrants do to them?

Humane? Really? You mean like deporting entire families - even the children who were born in America and instantly became citizens?

Estimates have said that the cost of deportation could be as high as 11 billion dollars.

Where are they going to get the money from?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Estimates have said that the cost of deportation could be as high as 11 billion dollars.

Well, I guess Trump could make THEM build the wall.

I don't quite follow your last sentence. Could you please clarify.

I would play on words to see if you can catch me. Trump is not as stupid as you wish he was. I am not saying he is correct but his comments just tell me he is trying to see how stupid the media and the Average American can become when he says something... He is playing you and it is a con and I have done something like that in my life...

Well, I guess Trump could make THEM build the wall.

Yeah, and like I have pointed out to the Trump supporters the damn wall is worthless when I can tunnel under it and no Trump will not require landmines before one of his lovely supporters tell me that is next!

Hillary Clinton is not lying about him and Trump is playing word games now to see how stupid America can be and I am betting he might prove me wrong about how stupid Americans can be...
Of course she is lying about him. She is running on nothing but lies about Trump. She's not running as a worthy cndidate, she is running as what's left over if people reject Trump. There is nothing in his recent statements about illegal immigrants that contradicts his earlier statement. He said from the beginning that deportation would have to be done in a humane way, and that is exactly what he is saying now.

Forum List

Back