🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump praises Universal Healthcare

The part about taxes not being raised in this country if we went to UHC. Pure poppycock. So tell me, why did UHC fail in Vermont? Why does the VA system totally suck? Do you really think innovations in drugs and treatment would be unaffected? Why do you think those countries with UHC have to employ a VAT tax at somewhere between 20-25%? Why do you think they pay a high income tax and not just the top 50% either? It's like you guys are ignoring reality, which is that UHC is expensive. NOTHING is cheaper when the gov't runs it, nor is it stream-lined and more efficient. The VA proves that.
Nothing you posted has anything to do with how much America spends on HC as it stands today and before Obama.
Health Costs: How the U.S. Compares With Other Countries

Healthcare spending as it stands today has nothing to do with how much healthcare spending would be in a UNC system. And I noticed you totally ignored everything I said, got no answers for those questions apparently.
What is your basis for arguing a single payer system costs more than what we have now? Do you have citations?

" The Health Policy Center (like TPC, a project of the Urban Institute, a D.C. think tank) estimated that Sanders' health proposal would cost the government an additional $32 trillion over 10 years to what it pays now. "

Study: Sanders' Proposals Would Add $18 Trillion To Debt Over 10 Years

It's talking about Bernie Sanders' single payer health care plan.
No actually it isn't, but that's ok. LOL

To be honest, imo the problem with single payer is that it's cost control ultimately comes down to politicians' will to say "no you can't have that." That was the basic flaw in Hillarycare. We could require HMOs to expend no more in overhead than medicare, and require that they pay out some % of revenues for treatment. But ultimately the congress would have to limit how much gnp went to HC. But if we ever go to single payer, we could have a law that provides a specific and single avenue for revenue. We currently spend around a trillion a year on HC.

Tax Breaks for Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance

Eliminating the cap on taxes for higher earners would make medicare more or less soluble. You get 260 billion from employer sponsored. And the leftover is Medicaid.

You really think you can pay for an additional $18 trillion over 10 years by taxing the rich? Unbelievable. News flash: you ain't going to get anywhere near what you think you will from the higher earners, they'll find ways to avoid paying an extra 12% of all of their income or whatever it works out to; maybe they'll haul ass to another country or they'll just stop investing and that won't be a good thing. It always amazes me how you guys can think let's screw the rich guys and believe there won't be consequences.

Trump praises Australia's universal health care after Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

It's going to be fantastic health care," Trump said, referring to his new health care plan. "I shouldn't say this to our great gentleman and my friend from Australia because you have better health care than we do."

US Senator Bernie Sanders quickly picked up on the remark which came after Trump's new bill passed by a handful of votes. The new law still has to pass the US Senate.

"Well Mr President, you're right, in Australia and every other major country on Earth they guarantee health care to all people. They don't throw 24 million people off health insurance. So maybe when we get to the Senate we should start off with looking at the Australian health care system," Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

Australia has a universal health care system, known as Medicare, which gives citizens free access to doctors and public hospitals paid for by the government.

Nothing is free!
Australia has strick immigration policies they enforce!
The country isn't financially burdened with millions
of extra people they have to feed, school, house
and provide health care for!
There are hundreds of thousands of Asian and Muslim and Aboriginals in Australia.
There are hundreds of thousands of Asian and Muslim and Aboriginals in Australia
Legally

Trump praises Australia's universal health care after Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

It's going to be fantastic health care," Trump said, referring to his new health care plan. "I shouldn't say this to our great gentleman and my friend from Australia because you have better health care than we do."

US Senator Bernie Sanders quickly picked up on the remark which came after Trump's new bill passed by a handful of votes. The new law still has to pass the US Senate.

"Well Mr President, you're right, in Australia and every other major country on Earth they guarantee health care to all people. They don't throw 24 million people off health insurance. So maybe when we get to the Senate we should start off with looking at the Australian health care system," Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

Australia has a universal health care system, known as Medicare, which gives citizens free access to doctors and public hospitals paid for by the government.

Nothing is free!
There are hundreds of thousands of Asian and Muslim and Aboriginals in Australia.
There are hundreds of thousands of Asian and Muslim and Aboriginals in Australia
Legally
We have the money for universal healthcare if our tax dollars were used for it instead of illegal wars and foreign aid and welfare for illegals.

That's all LBJ wanted. He had no plan to go down in history as the civil rights President.

Trump's ego will demand a legacy. And that legacy will be single payer. The huckster has advocated single payer health care for decades.

Bush and Obama seemed concerned about their legacy
I don't see it in Trump. Building a legacy takes work and Trump doesn't seem to want to do it

Besides, he will declare himself our greatest President anyway
I'll give the Trumpbots this, the Orange Cretin is different breed of cat when it comes to potuses.

Yep, he is a real person, not a full of shit politician, he talks and acts like a real person, not a fricken talking point robot.
he's mentally unstable, that's not a bragging point.

what do you have to back up that claim? You don't like him, you voted for the lying, corrupt, crazy hildebeast and you dare call anyone else unstable. LOL
How have you not noticed that Donald Trump is the biggest liar who lives and breathes?

Seriously.

works for me
And me

but not for the Aussies, or the Brits, or the Canadians, or the Germans, or the French, or the Italians, or the Russians, or the Chinese.

Tell us where socialized medicine has been a success.

And then tell us how much everybody in those countries have to pay for their UHC. And it's EVERYBODY, not just the top 50%, try telling the American public you'll give 'em UHC but they'll have to pay a 20-25% VAT tax like they do in the European social democracies that have UHC, let's see how that goes over.
The US already spends wayyy more per capita that other countries. Money should not be at issue.

Sorry, but money is always at issue. You contradicted yourself. You on the left have been bitching that our systems sucks and then you rant that we pay more per capita than anyone else. Do ya think there might be a connection and that throwing more money at an issue hardly ever solves it.?

Bush and Obama seemed concerned about their legacy
I don't see it in Trump. Building a legacy takes work and Trump doesn't seem to want to do it

Besides, he will declare himself our greatest President anyway
I'll give the Trumpbots this, the Orange Cretin is different breed of cat when it comes to potuses.

Yep, he is a real person, not a full of shit politician, he talks and acts like a real person, not a fricken talking point robot.
he's mentally unstable, that's not a bragging point.

what do you have to back up that claim? You don't like him, you voted for the lying, corrupt, crazy hildebeast and you dare call anyone else unstable. LOL
How have you not noticed that Donald Trump is the biggest liar who lives and breathes?

Seriously.

What has he lied about? Then ask yourself, what has Hillary lied about, what has Obama lied about, what has bubba Clinton lied about, what has Bush lied about, What did Kennedy lie about, and LBJ, and Reagan, et. al.. On the liar scale Trump doesn't come close to his predecessors.

Nothing is free!

yes, and 100% of them were either born there or legally immigrated.

Nothing is free!

Not white,Not Australian.

Nothing is free!

bullshit, the aboriginal people are the original Australians. Legal immigrants are Australians.

Your attempt to make this a racial issue FAILS

Nothing is free!

bullshit, the aboriginal people are the original Australians. Legal immigrants are Australians.

Your attempt to make this a racial issue FAILS
Nope. Just because they landed there first etc doesn't make them Australians. They didn't name it Australia and sure in the hell didn't set up a government or tame the land. Just like the wagon burners here. This is a WHITE MAN'S LAND!

I've concluded that the best way to interpret any and all statements by DT is to simply assume that he has no idea whatsoever about what he's talking about. It's also the best way for his supporters to overlook the ignorance of his statements.

The nation sighed a sigh of relief yesterday.

The GOP committed itself to health care, knowing they will have to accept the much more liberal and generous version the Senate will pass.

I am very proud that my GOP has grown up.

Nonsense.

The senate can't wait to lie to us just like the house did.

Repubs always vote to screw over the working class and give more money to the very wealthy.

The fact they they also get to do the most harm to children, elderly, women, handicapped, vets, LGBQ - it's a GOP dream come true.

The only thing that would make happier would be if they could penalize blacks, Hispanics, Muslims even more. My bet is, they'll add that to their version.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

/---- so you support Trump now?
pointing out Trumps idiocy and lack of understanding of healthcare, leads you to believe the OP now supports someone who clearly has no idea what he's talking about?
You're special.
/---- What did obozo know about healthcare ?
he knew how to extend it to an extra 24 million Americans.
Thanks Obama!

He made it affordable for most Americans but the Rs will have the working class dying for lack of medical care again before you know it.

Most important aspect of this issue is how can we further serve the very wealthy. Anything else is off the table.

That is my biggest worry about universal healthcare in this country. The government can't administer itself WELL out of a paper bag. It will take someone with tough business skills like Trump to deal with some of the bullshit that goes along with a government administered system. But universal healthcare is coming to America. Soon.
The Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system is already in place, it works very well, and could be easily scaled up with tweaks here and there. An excellent public/private partnership.

I just hope we do that, and not true Single Payer. The problem is, most Americans don't know the difference.

pointing out Trumps idiocy and lack of understanding of healthcare, leads you to believe the OP now supports someone who clearly has no idea what he's talking about?
You're special.
Thanks Obama!

He made it affordable for most Americans but the Rs will have the working class dying for lack of medical care again before you know it.

Most important aspect of this issue is how can we further serve the very wealthy. Anything else is off the table.

/--- No need to serve the wealthy you imbecile. They can take care of themselves.

You're special.
Thanks Obama!

/--- No need to serve the wealthy you imbecile. They can take care of themselves.
"No such thing as being too greedy" -Donald J. Drumpf.

The nation sighed a sigh of relief yesterday.

The GOP committed itself to health care, knowing they will have to accept the much more liberal and generous version the Senate will pass.

I am very proud that my GOP has grown up.
Too funny Jake...the snitch.

The GOP sucks just like the Ds do.

Nothing will change in HC insurance. It will still be absurdly expensive and unavailable to many Americans.

Yeah...thanks a lot GOP you dumb F**KERS.

The Uniparty led by that moron Donald Trump will pass Universal Healthcare before that buffoon leaves office.. Mark it, and his Cultists will still be MAGA WINNING with the knife piercing their nutsacks and drooping titties.

Trump say a lot of stupid things

Forum List

Back